Major 2015 Pirates of the Caribbean Refurbishment Watch/Rumor.

fngoofy

I agree. A little splash or spray is expected and is part of the fun of the ride. A front-row drenching is not. Hopefully they have worked out whatever was causing this. I will probably still put my phone in a zip-lock bag if I'm in the front row, just to be safe.
I kept mine in a ziplock the entire week. Between rides and rain, just makes sense to keep phone and camera in a ziplock when not in use.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
I kept mine in a ziplock the entire week. Between rides and rain, just makes sense to keep phone and camera in a ziplock when not in use.
Keeping a phone in a ziplock is standard practice for me once I board the place for vacation to anywhere. This prevents a lot of issues around the world.

*1023*

Cesar R M

Keeping a phone in a ziplock is standard practice for me once I board the place for vacation to anywhere. This prevents a lot of issues around the world.

*1023*
ziplocks is not a good idea if you're moving in and out of cooled areas.
The camera might get some fog (condensation) inside and damage the inner parts..

troublesome if you have a DSLR.

ToInfinityAndBeyond

Rode last night. Got SOAKED on the front row. Absolutely "Splash Mountain wet." My shorts and lower shirt were soaked. The boat in front of us was full, and they appeared to be sinking. They were bumping the sides of the guide rails every 30 seconds and the back part of their boat was dipping. They were about an inch from the water on the back right side. We bumped their boat several times. The new effects are nice, but wow, these boats need to go.

ght

The dog is different and really stood out when we rode it on Saturday. He does look bad in person.
View attachment 112678
On my flight back from Florida last night I actually re-watched the first Pirates movie and to me it looks like they replaced the dog with one that looks more like the one in the movie. So it is sort of a Disney Inception where the scene in the ride has been changed to resemble as scene in a movie that was meant to resemble the scene in the ride.....

Tuvalu

Premium Member
On my flight back from Florida last night I actually re-watched the first Pirates movie and to me it looks like they replaced the dog with one that looks more like the one in the movie. So it is sort of a Disney Inception where the scene in the ride has been changed to resemble as scene in a movie that was meant to resemble the scene in the ride.....
Good to know, thanks!

ToTBellHop

This is why marketing for the 5th movie will be, "come see the movie inspired by the ride inspired by the movie that started it all!"

nelsonj3

The boats were not changed so the problem is still there. I understand addressing it is still a work in progress.
We rode it on Friday in the front row, and we got absolutely soaked, like Kali River Rapids soaked! There was a huge wave that came over the front of the boat and even made it partially back to the second row. My shirt, shorts, and shoes were all completely soaked. It didn't make for a fun rest of the evening. I'll be sure to request not to sit in the front row in the future! Hopefully they get this fixed soon!!!

nelsonj3

They so rarely tell us what camera they use.
Only thing I can complain about is Barbossa's new outfit. I know they're trying to stay up to date but not only do I just not like it, but didn't he chuck that uniform at the end of the movie?
I would love to know what camera they are using. I guess it's a secret? I probably couldn't afford it anyway.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
They so rarely tell us what camera they use.
Only thing I can complain about is Barbossa's new outfit. I know they're trying to stay up to date but not only do I just not like it, but didn't he chuck that uniform at the end of the movie?

I would love to know what camera they are using. I guess it's a secret? I probably couldn't afford it anyway.

Likely a 4K Sony. My guess: FDRAX1 4K .. It's decent in low light. Some lower end production operations have used this. They get used for churches and business purposes all the time. This is just a guess though. Panasonic makes a decent 4K with decent low light shooting also.

*1023*

G00fyDad

Ppl putting phones in zip lock baggies why not buy a life proof case never worry at all

I can't speak for others, but I cannot stand a phone case. It would have to be extremely thin and even that might be too much for me. I just don't like thick and bulky phones. The only phone case I would consider would be one of the waterproof camping cases to stow it in during a day at the beach or on a water ride.

matt9112

I can't speak for others, but I cannot stand a phone case. It would have to be extremely thin and even that might be too much for me. I just don't like thick and bulky phones. The only phone case I would consider would be one of the waterproof camping cases to stow it in during a day at the beach or on a water ride.

Galaxy s5 active....waterproof for 3 feet aka water ride proof.

Bparso87

Life proof is very thin but pricey mine is the screen less one so around 100$. I understand why ppl don't put one on but always suggest it as I work with cell phones at my second job.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
We rode it on Friday in the front row, and we got absolutely soaked, like Kali River Rapids soaked! There was a huge wave that came over the front of the boat and even made it partially back to the second row. My shirt, shorts, and shoes were all completely soaked. It didn't make for a fun rest of the evening. I'll be sure to request not to sit in the front row in the future! Hopefully they get this fixed soon!!!
You do not exaggerate. We too were victims of this "wall of water", back in June BEFORE the refurb! We said we have gotten less wet on Splash Mtn! We were hoping the refurb would address the issue...nope! Row 2 this time and we got almost as wet!! We had fastpasses for later in the trip which we did not use because we did not want to get soaked again. It's a shame because Pirates is one of our faves.

matt9112

You do not exaggerate. We too were victims of this "wall of water", back in June BEFORE the refurb! We said we have gotten less wet on Splash Mtn! We were hoping the refurb would address the issue...nope! Row 2 this time and we got almost as wet!! We had fastpasses for later in the trip which we did not use because we did not want to get soaked again. It's a shame because Pirates is one of our faves.

Although I understand your point why do so many people hate water in general? the amount of people that wear ponchos on Splash or kali is really a shame. Water drys off.

Monorail_Red_77

Rode PotC back on Sunday 10/4. Everything looked great. Audio was great. Even the audio in the queue was louder. More like it should have been all along. Also in finale scene there is audio from the prisoners on the right that I have never heard before. Air cannons were working perfectly. Many adults screamed out on those. LOL. The scene with the skeleton driving the ship right before the waterfall. The rain effect is working very well. I could actually see the "rain". In the beach scene in the cave, the mermaids that used to be seen on the right as the boat passed are no longer working. However, you can still hear them singing. There used to be a projection with some real air bubbles in the water to give the effect of mermaids swimming by and almost surfacing. They were there intermittently before the refurb. I hope they are still being worked on and will make a comeback. Or maybe they just were not working on my ride.... Overall I really enjoyed the refurbished elements of the ride.

nelsonj3

Likely a 4K Sony. My guess: FDRAX1 4K .. It's decent in low light. Some lower end production operations have used this. They get used for churches and business purposes all the time. This is just a guess though. Panasonic makes a decent 4K with decent low light shooting also.

*1023*
I saw that some of the newer Sonys have a 1" imager, and I read that having a large imager allows more light to be captured. (Makes sense). Perhaps this model you listed above has the 1" imager too?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom