MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
Auditions have been posted for a new show coming to the Chaparral Theatre from early Feb to late April 2016. Characters will include Pocahontas, Flynn Rider and Rapunzel.

Frozen Summer Fun will return next year from June 4 to September 18.

It looks like Disney wants to compensate for ride closures with additional meet and greets and live entertainment. Would love to see a proper show in the Lucky Nugget Saloon.

The Empress Lilly

Auditions have been posted for a new show coming to the Chaparral Theatre from early Feb to late April 2016. Characters will include Pocahontas, Flynn Rider and Rapunzel.

Frozen Summer Fun will return next year from June 4 to September 18.

It looks like Disney wants to compensate for ride closures with additional meet and greets and live entertainment. Would love to see a proper show in the Lucky Nugget Saloon.
Well that's good news. DLP could do with a good live show. I hope it is not just for temporary compensation, but from a desire to permanently use the theater.

It does look like the Chaparral area is going to be Fantasyland II from now on.

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
@DisneylandBerry on twitter says the new show will run until May 8th and also feature Tarzan and Merida "among others".

No idea how accurate his or her info is.

Personally, I'd like to see this new show run through most of the year, while having the Frozen show be a Christmas only thing, but that's just me.

The Empress Lilly

@DisneylandBerry on twitter says the new show will run until May 8th and also feature Tarzan and Merida "among others".

No idea how accurate his or her info is.

Personally, I'd like to see this new show run through most of the year, while having the Frozen show be a Christmas only thing, but that's just me.
I'd obviously rather have that show than a Frozen sing-a-long. The Frozen show wasn't bad per se, but what's its use for those over the age of eight? Or those not videotaping their snowflake eight and under?

8th of May is early in the season. They still have their spring festivities going on at that time. Frozen mania started only in summer this year.

JDL30

All looking good. I hope after the terrible events in Paris on Friday, Disneyland Paris doesn't see too much of a drop off in attendance (like WDW did after 9/11). Or at least the Walt Disney Company isn't short sighted enough to cut back on the investment they are giving to the resort. If they keep the sustained investment back they'll see people come flooding back

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
Disneyland Paris will have a Star Wars night on Dec 16. What will happen and from what time I don't know:

CUPv_JMWUAAWCTM.jpg

FigmentForver96

Disney and More posted some updates about the show in Frontierland. Apparently it will only run to May with the Frozen sets remaining behind the new ones.

Disney Village is set for some form of overhaul, but details are mum right now.

DLP president is pretty open about everything including how the Stat Wars night was mixed. Stating there would need to be more substance before doing it again.

Priority is Magic Kingdom with the studios seeing more work after the 25th.

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
Disney and More posted some updates about the show in Frontierland. Apparently it will only run to May with the Frozen sets remaining behind the new ones.

Disney Village is set for some form of overhaul, but details are mum right now.

DLP president is pretty open about everything including how the Stat Wars night was mixed. Stating there would need to be more substance before doing it again.

Priority is Magic Kingdom with the studios seeing more work after the 25th.

It was pretty telling that Star Wars night had it's tickets lowered in price. I'm glad to hear they think they have to try harder next time.

Disney Village has seen smaller changes in recent years, but if a big "Disney Springs" style makeover is planned, that would be great.

FigmentForver96

It was pretty telling that Star Wars night had it's tickets lowered in price. I'm glad to hear they think they have to try harder next time.

Disney Village has seen smaller changes in recent years, but if a big "Disney Springs" style makeover is planned, that would be great.
I just like that they accept things are not their best. To me that is real leadership.

cjkeating

And that they are doing something about it too.

Yep. I am already feeling very positive about the run up to the 25th but reading the interview it sounds like DLP are 100% aware of their failings and have a plan to correct as much as they can before the 25th and then focus on expansion leading up to the 30th.

The Empress Lilly

Great. They can pull that *anagram of carp* with the mass of rubes in Orlando, who stupidly pay admission costs twice in a day for what should be normal offerings, but not in DLP.

Other than that, DLP is still definitely on the up. Christmas season offerings were great. And with the early sunset the daytime parade ran in the dark, so finally got to see a nighttime parade in DLP again, and boy do parades ever benefit from artificial lighting!

JDL30

Looks like DLP is continuing to have a good Christmas (both parks had very good attendance yesterday), which must be a relief in the aftermath of the Paris attacks. Photo below gives you an idea of the Pirates queue yesterday! Hopefully this'll encourage further investment and expansion

image.png

FigmentForver96

Looks like DLP is continuing to have a good Christmas (both parks had very good attendance yesterday), which must be a relief in the aftermath of the Paris attacks. Photo below gives you an idea of the Pirates queue yesterday! Hopefully this'll encourage further investment and expansion

View attachment 124611
I really want to see what the attendance is going to be for the last quarter. Not sure about the studios but MK defiantly looks to be on the upswing.

GiveMeTheMusic

Concept art for "Mickey and the Magician", the new show replacing Animagique this summer:

CX85g-kW8AUAejr.jpg

and in case you forgot to get something in the parks, there is now a DLP store in CDG airport:

CX0dkm3WAAEvibr.jpg

photos from@DisneylandBerry

Interesting that what is essentially another iteration of Mickey and the Magical Map is what's replacing Animagique. That would make it the third variation on the theme, with HKDL's Mickey and the Wondrous Book the second. Hope the show turns out to be great! Animagique was certainly...unique.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom