Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

ToTBellHop

Any sightings of roller coaster track yet?;)
yeti3.jpg

Next Big Thing

I've heard that the Toy Story musical is indeed pretty bad.
It was supposed to go and replace Aladdin out at DCA and after searching and watching it on youtube, basically all of the passholders complained and Disney backtracked.

It turned out to be a good thing ultimately for Disney as now Frozen is going in there and as much as many APers love the show, if they put on a Frozen show of the same quality, scale and length (and obviously talent), it will be a more than suitable replacement.
I actually sort of hope we get the show at DHS too so we can get rid of the sing-a-long, but WDW doesn't have a sufficient theater for a show of that scale.

Next Big Thing

I agree about getting rid of the sing-a-long, but I don't think Disney World needs two Frozen attractions.
There's two Little Mermaid attractions. Two Lion King (formerly three). A BatB Show and and entire BatB area. There's will be two frozen attractions come next year.

I think a Ride and a Show are fine to have. If it were two rides, then yes too much. But since it would be a high quality stage production of a movie that demands to be on the stage as is, I don't see the harm.

Brer Panther

Yeah, but we don't need two Little Mermaid attractions, two Lion King attractions, or two Beauty and the Beast attractions either (or two Finding Nemo attractions). Disney seems to know this, I've heard rumors of the Beauty and the Beast and Little Mermaid shows closing.

Next Big Thing

Yeah, but we don't need two Little Mermaid attractions, two Lion King attractions, or two Beauty and the Beast attractions either (or two Finding Nemo attractions). Disney seems to know this, I've heard rumors of the Beauty and the Beast and Little Mermaid shows closing.
A stage show is completely different from a dark ride or what be. Finding Nemo: The Musical and Festival of the Lion King are both of very high quality. If anything from those franchises needs to close, it's the LK show in The Land. The Seas, while not ideal, does it's job.

RSoxNo1

There's two Little Mermaid attractions. Two Lion King (formerly three). A BatB Show and and entire BatB area. There's will be two frozen attractions come next year.

I think a Ride and a Show are fine to have. If it were two rides, then yes too much. But since it would be a high quality stage production of a movie that demands to be on the stage as is, I don't see the harm.
And when Toy Story Land opens there will be 4 Toy Story attractions. It is the most well represented intellectual property in theme parks around the world.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Most reviews of that show that I've seen have been horrible.

Well, I can't imagine why.. I've seen the show twice and I absolutely love it! It's a great show! :) Outstanding? Amazing? Nah.. It's probably on the same level as Beauty and the Beast at Hollywood Studios. It would be a great show to add to the land. I was impressed with how they made Toy Story into a musical. It was a great concept! Some catchy songs too.. I particularly liked Sid's song!

Oriolesmagic

Definitely some armchair imagineering, but what if the Villains show were to head to the old Hunchback theater and SOA/LMA becomes a villain area? I can't think of many things that would be more popular with the young adult age-group than that for Disney. Which seems to be the age-group they're really going for with Hollywood Studios.

HauntedMansionFLA

Definitely some armchair imagineering, but what if the Villains show were to head to the old Hunchback theater and SOA/LMA becomes a villain area? I can't think of many things that would be more popular with the young adult age-group than that for Disney. Which seems to be the age-group they're really going for with Hollywood Studios.
Everyone loves a villain :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom