The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Had an "old man" ;) procedure done late this morning that was actually scheduled for last Tuesday morning, but, I cancelled it 'cause that's the day pop (BTW, he's doin' great :happy:) had his emergency surgery.
Anyway, all they found was one small polyp that is 100% non-cancerous. But, once they biopsy it, they'll be able to tell me if they want to see me again in 5 years or 10.
Also, DWifey, is having an MRI on her left knee in a few minutes, 'cause they think she may have tore something, although none of us have any clue where or how... :cyclops:
Woof. What a week we've had...! :confused: :facepalm: ;)

StarWarsGirl

My schedule tomorrow:

9:25: Arrive at school, take test during first class.
10:40: Take shuttle to other campus, study
12:15: Go to second class. Eat lunch during class.
1:30: Leave school w/ Mom to get car
Sometime after getting car, go to other school to make up Spanish test at 3:30
Leave right after test to go back to my school for last class at 4:30, which I will probably end up being late to (Professor is fine with this)
5:45: Go home, likely to eat dinner and sleep.

*sigh* At least this will be the end of the week.

Cesar R M

I just got call from the middle school nurse. That's never good! it seems some genius was snapping a towel in gym and got my ds in the eye area, she say it looks ok and my ds wants to go back to class. Middle school boys:rolleyes::banghead: The Beverly Goldberg in me wants to go and give my baby a hug and take him home. I'm going to worry until he gets home! He said he wants to stay and ride the bus home.
better let him take the bus and stay.
If not, will probably get bullied as a "mommy's kid".
I say this from experience. but then, back when I was a kid I had cancer.. :/

StarWarsGirl

Also, Aulani! I can tell by the lagoon in the background...

anigif_original-4757-1444228403-5.gif

Cesar R M

Sympathy like.

If it makes you feel better, this is second major repair on my car in the past two weeks, the refrigerator had to be replaced the day after my surgery, I'm in physical therapy for my back from the car accident four weeks ago, and we think the microwave and oven might be going up after only three years. All happens at once, right?

We need kittens:
pictures+of+kittens+and+cats+4.jpg
we definitively need kittens! D:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Yeah, I pretty much avoid any movies about the Holocaust. And wars. I think the worst one for me was Saving Private Ryan. Haven't seen any of the Vietnam ones, except for Born on the Fourth of July, which I didn't think was very good.

I can't say I like holocaust movies but most I've seen are well done and interesting. I like to watch them to learn more about that time period and as a reminder of what happened. The holocaust museum in DC was a highlight of my trip, so riveting and sad all at the same time.

donaldtoo

Good news: hand is in splint again. I can type! Wonderful feeling. Still have to cover for showering as one of my incisions has not heeled and bled when doctor took the cast off. Arm is actually less swollen now than it was before the surgery, although my hand is pretty swollen. My arm looks smaller, which makes me wonder how long this problem was actually going on.

Bad news: I have a large lawn ornament for a car. Fluid for the power steering is leaking.:grumpy:

Yay, for the splint...! :)
Carp, for the car... :grumpy:

donaldtoo

Drinking from the tap in the US depends on where you live. I would never drink the water from our tap because it tastes pretty nasty with all the chemicals they have to use on it, since the source is so far away. I have a portable water distiller, so that's the only way I can drink the tap water. However, New York has fabulous water (hence yummy pizza), so I'd drink that in a heartbeat!

The tap water here is great.
I drink it at home (no filter/purifier), at the office, restaurants, etc..
Then again, I drink nothin' but free iced tap water at all WDW Parks and resorts, too. :)
Can't remember the last time I bought a bottled water...

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Had an "old man" ;) procedure done late this morning that was actually scheduled for last Tuesday morning, but, I cancelled it 'cause that's the day pop (BTW, he's doin' great :happy:) had his emergency surgery.
Anyway, all they found was one small polyp that is 100% non-cancerous. But, once they biopsy it, they'll be able to tell me if they want to see me again in 5 years or 10.
Also, DWifey, is having an MRI on her left knee in a few minutes, 'cause they think she may have tore something, although none of us have any clue where or how... :cyclops:
Woof. What a week we've had...! :confused: :facepalm: ;)

Glad the polyp wasn't cancerous, hope wifey's. MRI goes well. You have had quite the medical week.

I just got back from the doctor myself. My A1cs (blood sugar levels basically) are up and doc and I aren't happy with me. I was not eating well or exercising enough. I am going to do better. I will schedule a relapse for wdw and food and wine festival, but I will behave.

donaldtoo

Thanks! I'm really glad we avoided the deer too or it wouldn't just be my arm that is hurting!

Yep, even small deer can do some serious damage at highway speeds.
Several years ago, a good friend of my younger brother hit a good sized buck on the way to work one morning (it was still dark)...he was OK (the deer, not so much), but, there was so much damage, the insurance company totaled out the car.

StarWarsGirl

My mom and my brother just had the following conversation

Brother: Can we go to Bush Gardens?
Mom: Your sister can't ride anything with her hand being this bad.
Brother: Well, she can go look at the buildings in the historic area and we'll go ride rides without her.

:rolleyes: Well, I know where I stand (although between the car issues and the refrigerator breaking, no way can an extra trip happen right now...)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom