A purple MagicBand coming soon?

Jahona

Well now we know what the purple magic band ended up being used for. No word on if a plain purple band will make it to the standard lineup.

SOM7959141-613x509.jpg

FrostyNaples

Sorry misunderstood what you were asking for. Thought you were wondering where I got the image from for validity.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...-products-coming-to-disney-parks-thisoctober/

Perfect, thank you. I needed more deets.

From that link with regards to the new magic bands you posted:

Retail MagicBands for Haunted Mansion and Disney Villains
Two new retail MagicBands are coming to Walt Disney World Resort on October 9. The Disney Villains MagicBand is open edition while the Haunted Mansion-themed MagicBand is limited release. You may notice that both MagicBands are printed on a much requested purple-colored MagicBand.

JohnD

Two new retail MagicBands are coming to Walt Disney World Resort on October 9. The Disney Villains MagicBand is open edition while the Haunted Mansion-themed MagicBand is limited release. You may notice that both MagicBands are printed on a much requested purple-colored MagicBand.

This COULD be a sign that solid purple is coming soon. If you look at any other design MB, the design always has the background of one of the existing colors. In MDE, it appears as that solid color. So, in a manner of speaking, these new bands are likely to appear as solid purple in MDE.

JohnD

Wonder if they'll show up in the Shop Disney Parks app.

tk924

These two new MagicBands coming out soon have designs printed on a purple MagicBand. The retail MagicBands with designs have only ever been printed on colors actually available, so we expect a plain purple MagicBand to be available to guests in the not-too-distant future.

SOM7959141-613x509.jpg

My wife is going to be very happy!

JohnD

Disney will probably hold back on the "free" solid purple band normally issued with the other colors for resort reservation or AP. This is a money-making opportunity. People want purple. Make them pay for a purple design band.

HolleBolleGijs

Bought the purple Haunted Mansion band today. Interestingly it feels a little thinner and more flexible than the complimentary ones. It's definitely easier to put on. Maybe they're getting ready to make this change across the board?

JohnD

Bought the purple Haunted Mansion band today. Interestingly it feels a little thinner and more flexible than the complimentary ones. It's definitely easier to put on. Maybe they're getting ready to make this change across the board?

I'd hope so but I'm guessing they're holding back to make money off purple first.

Clamman73

Yeah I just saw a Twitter blurb about it...says it goes more around the wrist than having that flat part which really makes it a little difficult to fit a lot of wrist sizes I thought.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom