What to do with little kids around/near Space Mountain

HappyCamper

Original Poster
Hi-
I'll be in Disney World with my family in November. I'm planning on taking my 9 year old son on Space Mountain but know that his 5 year old sister will not be interested in riding with him. I don't need to do child swap as we will be traveling with other adults and there should be someone who can hang with her while we ride SM. My plan was for her and probably my mother to go into the arcade and have some fun too while we ride but I just heard today that the arcade at SM is closed. Any suggestions for what my 5 year old can do in about the same amount of time it takes us to ride SM? We plan to hit SM on a morning with extra magic so the wait time should be minimal. Thanks!

DisneyPrincess5

Like @Master Yoda said, People Mover is a good idea, exploring Main Street or the back end of Fantasyland near Tomorrowland, Astro Orbiter if she meets the height requirement, or Monsters Inc Laugh Floor would be fun if the timing works out well.

Weather_Lady

One more vote for the People Mover! It's one of my kids' favorite attractions, despite its relative lack of bells and whistles. The Tomorrowland Speedway would be another option (assuming you're getting there early, with a short wait, and that Grandmother doesn't mind the smell of noxious gas fumes in the morning, and/or is up for riding in a little race car, as kids under a certain height can't go alone)! :)

French Quarter

I echo the PeopleMover suggestions and would add to it Carousel of Progress, which my kids loved at that age (and still do). I think you would likely have time to do both.

SAV

Yep, People Mover and Carousel of Progress. I'd also slip in a ride on Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin if time allows. Or they could grab some Ice Cream at Auntie Gravities.

WDWDreamer4

astroOrbiter does not have a height requirement, but it is on top of the lunching pad so if scared of heights that won't be a good idea.
People Mover, Carousel of Progress my 5 year really liked. Also Buzz Lightyear Ranger spin was a huge hit with my 5 and 4 year old.

DisneyDayDreamer

PeopleMover all the way! My mom and I used to ride it while my dad rode SM. Also Laugh Floor is fun. She'd probably like that. I would save Buzz for the whole family because your son WILL want to ride it too.

mouse_luv

PeopleMover, Tomorrowland Speedway, Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin, and even a bit of Fantasyland extends out close enough so the Mad Tea Party is an option as well. :D

French Quarter

I also think you could go play at the awesome playground/water area in Storybook Circus and hav your party come meet you there after. There is a great big gift shop right there too.

LilWalt

Does she like to dance? The dance party is usually going on as well right there. People mover is always a great choice.

DisneyFans4Life

If you ride SM with a FP, the PeopleMover is about the only thing they'll have time to do. The other thing that is fun for kids is the Tomorrowland Speedway and getting to "drive" a racecar.

If you don't have a FP for SM and depending on what the wait is, they may be able to do the PeopleMover and then catch CoP. CoP is about a 30 minute show and is a nice place to get off your feet for a while.

Schneewittchen

Have a quick nap at the Carousel of Progress and then go get some Stitch pins from the pin trading cart. And if the Space Mountain people are still on line, go for a ride on the PeopleMover and then get a frozen lemonade from the Lunching Pad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom