NFL 2015 Discussion Thread

flynnibus

Premium Member
That ball punch by bambamkam is just unreal... just shows just how much thinking these guys do in an instant. There is no way Cam can contribute to stopping CJ's momentum towards the goal line... but he doesn't give up and instead attacks the ball. It's like the INT at the end of the superbowl... it's not just 'tackle the guy' -- these guys are computing all the time in when to play the ball vs the player vs the blocker, etc. Amazing

PUSH

Original Poster
I wonder what would have happened if the correct call was made, though. In case anybody hasn't heard, the Lions should have gotten the ball at the quarter yard line because KJ Wright hit the ball out of the endzone, which is a penalty. He could have easily recovered it himself, but knocking it out is illegal. The Lions would have most likely tied it up or taken the lead, but what would the Seahawks have done in that final minute or more? Reminds me of the Fail Mary that happened just a few yards away from this play.

PUSH

Original Poster
Working this week's opponent into trading Marshawn Lynch to me for LeSean McCoy and Jordan Matthews. She said she'll have to look at the player she has, and she'll let me know. I told her to look at my roster and see if she'd rather have anyone else.

I'm also hoping to get Stepthen Gostkowski off of waivers. He was dropped this week because of his bye, and it would be an upgrade over my kicker. Not that mine is bad - he nailed two 50+ yard kicks last night.

acishere

Working this week's opponent into trading Marshawn Lynch to me for LeSean McCoy and Jordan Matthews. She said she'll have to look at the player she has, and she'll let me know. I told her to look at my roster and see if she'd rather have anyone else.

I'm also hoping to get Stepthen Gostkowski off of waivers. He was dropped this week because of his bye, and it would be an upgrade over my kicker. Not that mine is bad - he nailed two 50+ yard kicks last night.
Gostkowski is the only kick worth using the waiver for. Rest can just be grabbed off of FA.

Also please tell me your league is called Taco League.

PUSH

Original Poster
Gostkowski is the only kick worth using the waiver for. Rest can just be grabbed off of FA.

Also please tell me your league is called Taco League.
I figured if I get Gostkowski now it's an upgrade over my kicker, and I won't have to worry about his bye week later on.

And I'm not sure I get the Taco League thing? :confused:

acishere

I figured if I get Gostkowski now it's an upgrade over my kicker, and I won't have to worry about his bye week later on.

And I'm not sure I get the Taco League thing? :confused:
A lot of sites refer to the player in a fantasy league who makes the most ill advised decisions with their team as their Taco. It is because of a sitcom about fantasy football.

PUSH

Original Poster
A lot of sites refer to the player in a fantasy league who makes the most ill advised decisions with their team as their Taco. It is because of a sitcom about fantasy football.
I figured it was something about The League. Our league is so dysfunctional that it's hard to do anything in it. We have me who is probably the most NFL-savvy out of any of us, the only female who was pretty much forced into the league because we wanted at least 8 people, the guy who thinks he knows everything and has narrowly squeaked out two wins, the Broncos homer, the guy who auto-drafted everything past the second round who hasn't won a game, the guy who only knows players based off of their college careers, the guy who has two or three players carrying his team, and the guy who has a relatively weak roster but has somehow managed three wins.

None of us are fantasy pros by any means.

PUSH

Original Poster
12112504_1007605212619500_1134299068388909368_n.jpg

PUSH

Original Poster
Missed out on Gostkowski, and still no movement on the Lynch trade. However, someone dropped Travis Kelce and Davante Adams. I'm trying to pick up Kelce by dropping Eifert, and once Adams is healthy I'm hoping to add him too.

acishere

Missed out on Gostkowski, and still no movement on the Lynch trade. However, someone dropped Travis Kelce and Davante Adams. I'm trying to pick up Kelce by dropping Eifert, and once Adams is healthy I'm hoping to add him too.
Is there someway I can hack into your waiver wire and move players onto my team?

PUSH

Original Poster
Is there someway I can hack into your waiver wire and move players onto my team?
I hate to give up Tyler Eifert... but I don't want to give up Martellus Bennett either. I could give up Karlos Williams, but who knows how long McCoy is out. I wish there was a practice squad or IR for one or two players.

acishere

I hate to give up Tyler Eifert... but I don't want to give up Martellus Bennett either. I could give up Karlos Williams, but who knows how long McCoy is out. I wish there was a practice squad or IR for one or two players.
What site do you play on? I think that might be an option on ESPN.

acishere

It's ESPN, but I don't see the option anywhere. Maybe the league manager disabled it?
Possibly, I had trouble moving Adrian Peterson onto it last year but wasn't sure if it was because he wasn't actually injured. Just his kid was...

PUSH

Original Poster
Two of my RBs are out this week (LeSean McCoy, Karlos Williams), one is on a bye (Chris Ivory), and that leaves me with Jamaal Charles and Doug Martin. Hopefully Martin puts up last week's numbers!

flynnibus

Premium Member
Andrew Luck is out and Hasselbeck is playing while infected with a virus. So the only thing TY Hilton might catch tonight is a sore throat.

And Texans def scores zero points for me. 40yr old dude who doesn't even practice... At home... And they still let me down. Ughhh

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom