Flying into Tampa? Worth it?

HRHPrincessAriel

Original Poster
bringing my kiddos from Houston for Spring Break flights from here to MCO are insane $550+ and that's WITH insane layovers. Our agent suggested Tampa as it looks like the flight may be tons cheaper. We'd have a charter pick us up and take us to the hotel? How's the drive?

We've got two airports in Houston. Our other option would require us to leave from IAH which is a 50+ minute minimum drive in a school bus to get there.

Last edited:

CAPTAIN HOOK

If saving money is your biggest concern then I'd opt to fly into Tampa. Just remember that you then have a drive of around 75 mins once you've landed. If you can cope with that, go for it

ninjaprincesst

re you sure it's cheaper from Houston? It is actually more expensive from Dallas, or it least it was for our trip. The key for me has always been to get those Southwest fares at 2 am the day they are released. The exact flights I got for $220 per person round trip are over $600 now

R W B

re you sure it's cheaper from Houston? It is actually more expensive from Dallas, or it least it was for our trip. The key for me has always been to get those Southwest fares at 2 am the day they are released. The exact flights I got for $220 per person round trip are over $600 now
How far out do you have to book to get them the day they are released?

DisneyFans4Life

The drive from Tampa to Orlando isn't that bad...about an hour or so from Tampa International to the theme park area; mind you that's without traffic. If you try to drive around 5-6pm...it's going to take you 2 hours at least to get there.

HRHPrincessAriel

Original Poster
Yes. My agent quoted me. I'm booking as a group rate so it's different than online. We've been working on this for months and she finales suggested Tampa.

We are doing Tampa. It's the cheapest and best times flight. I'll actually be saving parents $ as well

ninjaprincesst

How far out do you have to book to get them the day they are released?
I had to book in May for November. Southwest is weird about releasing their schedule I start watching the website about 7 to 8 months out to find out the date they release fall fares, and if you are willing to be online at 2am on that date I have had great luck getting really low fares every year, its a pain but saving 1600is worth it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom