Disney movies you think are underrated?

TomHendricks

The Hunchback of Notre Dame. It has the best villain, the best non-princess who's better then a princess in Esmeralda and some of the best songs no one remembers. Plus Tom Hulce who gave an Oscar worthy performance but animation is ignored. Also just because, Kevin Kline.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
The Hunchback of Notre Dame. It has the best villain, the best non-princess who's better then a princess in Esmeralda and some of the best songs no one remembers. Plus Tom Hulce who gave an Oscar worthy performance but animation is ignored. Also just because, Kevin Kline.

Phoebus = all kinds of awesome.

prberk

I'll add Robin Hood into the mix as well, its always been one of my family's favorites. Also The Adventures of the Great Mouse Detective, a truly underrated gem. And speaking of Atlantis, I always turned my nose up to that film until my former boyfriend made me watch it during one of our Disney movie nights. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

I always liked Roger Miller's soundtrack songs to Robin Hood. They were fun and had a perfect tone for the film's laid-back approach to story-telling.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
I always liked Roger Miller's soundtrack songs to Robin Hood. They were fun and had a perfect tone for the film's laid-back approach to story-telling.
And don't forget about 'Love.' It wasn't by Roger Miller, but it was nominated for an Oscar.

prberk

And don't forget about 'Love.' It wasn't by Roger Miller, but it was nominated for an Oscar.

And of course there is always "The Hampster Dance" from Robin Hood.

What, don't remember that being in there?

Try speeding up "Whistle Stop" by Roger Miller, which WAS in Robin Hood.

LOL. Always thought that was cool. I wonder if he EVER made any royalties from that sampling?

French Quarter

I would also add Lady and the Tramp.

tumblr_limv2me6ky1qc03leo1_500.gif

Flippin'Flounder

I think that may have been true at one time. It seems to have fallen off the face of the earth. WDW certainly hasn't thrown it any love lately. I think it is under-appreciated.
So that means Bambi, Wreck It Ralph, and Sleeping Beauty are all underrated? Just because theres nothing at WDW doesn't make it underrated.

prberk

I think that may have been true at one time. It seems to have fallen off the face of the earth. WDW certainly hasn't thrown it any love lately. I think it is under-appreciated.

I would agree with that. Same with "Old Yeller" and a few other classics that the current MBAs who run Disney marketing now never hear about or see in icons on the wall at work.

britdaw

"Meet The Robinsons", for sure. I absolutely love that movie. "Bolt" and "Brother Bear" are two others that come to mind.

As far as older movies, "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" was amazing (I still love to listen to the score!). "Oliver and Company" was great, too, and has an awesome soundtrack!

sofiathesecond

Personally, I think the number-one most underrated Disney film of all time, EVER, has got to be Song Of The South. So many of the people who criticize it have never even seen it! It's not nearly as racist as people think it is and in fact, it was extremely progressive by the standards of the time (for example, by showing that Uncle Remus and the grandmother had mutual respect for one another and showing two kids of different races form a friendship on equal terms, a far cry from the "idyllic master-slave relationship" nonsense you see thrown about by the uninformed). It's a crying shame that it has such an undeserved bad reputation because it truly is one of the studio's best films. I assume the reason Disney's never cracked down on bootlegs is because they want people to see it, even if they can't release it themselves for political reasons.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom