The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

catmom46

I had to read this book in high school, so I knew that it would haunt me. I think, though, it haunts me more now than it did back then. I think also because now I've seen movies about the Holocaust, so more of a mental picture there.

Do not watch "Boy in the Striped Pajamas". Just...don't. I still have not recovered.

Yeah, I pretty much avoid any movies about the Holocaust. And wars. I think the worst one for me was Saving Private Ryan. Haven't seen any of the Vietnam ones, except for Born on the Fourth of July, which I didn't think was very good.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Good news: hand is in splint again. I can type! Wonderful feeling. Still have to cover for showering as one of my incisions has not heeled and bled when doctor took the cast off. Arm is actually less swollen now than it was before the surgery, although my hand is pretty swollen. My arm looks smaller, which makes me wonder how long this problem was actually going on.

Bad news: I have a large lawn ornament for a car. Fluid for the power steering is leaking.:grumpy:
Congrats on the splint
Sympathy like for the rest
Still sending prayers, pixie dust and some bubble wrap

Figgy1

Premium Member
My cat will eat the cereal part of Lucky Charms if I let her. Which I don't, but she will sneak if I drop one or am not looking. Weird animal.
Don't get me wrong my dog loves her meat but could survive and maybe even be happy being vegan. One night she stuffed herself so full of vegan meatloaf, carrots and broccoli she couldn't eat the chicken my dh gave her.

Figgy1

Premium Member
At least with the car, it happened at the doctor's office, which is across the street from my dad's office. So he came out and looked at it, realized it needed towing, drove me back to school for my last class, took care of the car, and came and got me after my last class. Good dad. My mom has to drive me tomorrow. She'd normally let me have her car, but is wary with my hand.
I don't blame her, she is a mom!

Figgy1

Premium Member
How about this one? Since I'm a fan of Stephen Colbert, too.

stephen-colbert-kermit-the-frog-excited-gif.gif
thank you!

Figgy1

Premium Member
So since @betty rose has had trouble with blood draw lately, I had to share my story of today. Luckily I didn't have as many troubles. Although as my hubby was driving me to the clinic this morning at 5:30am (so I could go before work) we were almost into town and a HUGE deer ran in front of our car. It was a big buck and had a huge rack (antlers). Luckily hubby's breaks works and no other car was around so we avoided it!

Then once at the clinic I got the blood draw lady that always stabs me. She was the only one working. Luckily she found a vein right away but was rough and I still have some discomfort bending and unbending my arm. Ugh. Anyway, hopefully my results are good, just a check on my blood sugar A1C's. I have a feeling it might get me a lecture from the doc tomorrow...
OUCH! xoxo

Figgy1

Premium Member
Good morning and happy Wednesday. Great news my dh said we'll try and upgrade. He does want to do both UNI and Disney sans children. He also said something about trying to keep both park's passes up. Now I'm wondering what did the boys do to him as he said their next trip would be their last with us in front of them and neither one even made a face. He was serious about the first part but I'm thinking the second part was a threat. Gee what could my little angels have done? Last time he sounded like that was when they got into a fist fight.:mad::eek::banghead: Boys are just shorter men sometimes! Anyhoo have a magical day.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Good morning and happy Wednesday. Great news my dh said we'll try and upgrade. He does want to do both UNI and Disney sans children. He also said something about trying to keep both park's passes up. Now I'm wondering what did the boys do to him as he said their next trip would be their last with us in front of them and neither one even made a face. He was serious about the first part but I'm thinking the second part was a threat. Gee what could my little angels have done? Last time he sounded like that was when they got into a fist fight.:mad::eek::banghead: Boys are just shorter men sometimes! Anyhoo have a magical day.
No Figgy you got that wrong . . . Men are just taller boys !!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom