Shanghai Disneyland anticipation

EPCOTCenterLover

Sometimes more isn't better, it's just more. This certainly applies to the castle. It's big, clunky, and may turn out great- but it lacks the elegance of those found in Florida and Paris.

brb1006

Sometimes more isn't better, it's just more. This certainly applies to the castle. It's big, clunky, and may turn out great- but it lacks the elegance of those found in Florida and Paris.
Then again this is to appeal to the Chinese audience outside of Hong Kong Disney Resort.

brb1006

The Enchanted Storybook Castle at Shanghai Disney just had a fire today!
http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2015/10/shanghai-disneyland-enchanted-storybook.html

12141520_966536153390189_8281737608256226663_n.jpg

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
The bulkiness of the castle is what I'm trying to get used to. I won't know if I like it till I see it in person.

I am liking all the different styles of the towers.

TP2000

Found this on YouTube; a very good HD drone flight over Shanghai Disneyland taken a week ago. This park doesn't look like it's anywhere close to being able to open in six months. Maybe 12 months. 15 months? But grand opening in six months?!? No way.

Jose

Found this on YouTube; a very good HD drone flight over Shanghai Disneyland taken a week ago. This park doesn't look like it's anywhere close to being able to open in six months. Maybe 12 months. 15 months? But grand opening in six months?!? No way.

not opening until june/july next year. I have already said that.

RandySavage

Just taking the state of 7DMT as an indicator, it looks to me like they are still within the Spring 2016 (which technically could be as late as June 20th) timeframe.

This is 7DMT as of Oct 2013 (it opened 7.5 months later in late May 2014):
DatelineDisneyWorld10022013-IMG_5612.jpg

That drone video of the Shanghai's 7DMT looks well ahead of MK's with a similar amount of time to opening.

That said, for a new park in a 'new' country (mainland) with a bunch of new rides, the park will need to be signed-off on many weeks before soft-opening to get the cast ready.

I can't imagine there being much longer until a date is announced.

brb1006

I hope they sky will look much clearer once it finally opens.

TP2000

I hope they sky will look much clearer once it finally opens.

That sky won't clear up for at least a couple of decades. The Communists in charge would need to change their entire business plan for the entire country before that smog would clear. It will take decades, if it even happens at all.

Jose

That sky won't clear up for at least a couple of decades. The Communists in charge would need to change their entire business plan for the entire country before that smog would clear. It will take decades, if it even happens at all.
Absolutely true. Also, it is even worse in winter... prepare for millions of heaters that will darken the skies.

brb1006

Yeah but the resort will look strange compared to how it looks in the concept arts. I won't get the same Disney feeling when I see smog around the entire park.

brb1006

Absolutely true. Also, it is even worse in winter... prepare for millions of heaters that will darken the skies.
I hope Disney knows how to deal with this once the park opens. Especially when you compare to how perfect every Disney park looks mainly Hong Kong Disneyland looks when it comes to the sky and atmosphere. Shanghai Disney will look like one of those abandoned parks like the other amusement parks in China most recently Hello Kitty Land that was also built recently in China.

Jose

I hope Disney knows how to deal with this once the park opens. Especially when you compare to how perfect every Disney park looks mainly Hong Kong Disneyland looks when it comes to the sky and atmosphere. Shanghai Disney will look like one of those abandoned parks like the other amusement parks in China most recently Hello Kitty Land that was also built recently in China.
Let's see...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom