Trip Report Another one of Dray's live trip report attempts (How we learned to love 2008) Now with pictures!!

First off, kudos to you if you got my vague reference in the title. Here's a hint, Stanley Kubrick.

Ok, the cast contains the 4 usual suspects:

Me, Dave. 30 something. I like long romantic walks on the beach and cuddly kittens. Oh, and MMA, the History Channel and my family.

Amy, 30ish and a stay at home mom. She loves to craft stuff and Hocus Pocus.

Ashley, 15 years of age and she is infatuated with Monster High dolls and anime.

Justin, 14 and he also loves anime and video games.

Peanut, our bun in the oven and her interests include kicking momma in the ribs and being lugged around like luggage.

We flew in back on the 10th. We landed around 2:45 and grabbed our stuff from the claim area and headed to the Alamo area. Had a little hiccup there, we found out that Florida now charges some fee that's $2 per day, which explained the difference in the price on my itinerary and what the kiosk showed.

After a few minutes in line, the kind fellow at the counter squared us away and we headed to the garage to pick up our horseless carriage. We have 8 suitcases and a huge over the shoulder bag, so we always get a mid size suv. We prefer a Ford Escape, but the only one they had was taken. So, we grabbed an available Nissan Rogue, which barely fit our stuff. Lesson learned, from now on it will be a standard suv.

Anyways, we headed to grab a bite at McDonald's and then to check in at the Super 8 Orlando. We were extremely surprised at how nice the rooms were, and only at $59 a night. We headed to the outlet malls on International Drive and the one at Vineland. This was just a one night stay, so we headed back to the room and got some shut eye.

The next morning we packed up and drove over to the Royal Pacific Resort to check in and get our Express Passes. The room wasn't ready, so we parked and grabbed our Express Passes and walked to the parks. We picked up our renewed APs and off we went. I believe we hit Men In Black first and then headed to E.T. before taking in a viewing of the Horror Make Up show. We absolutely love that show.

We generally split up for about half of the day because the ladies like to partake in the thrill rides, while us two gentlemen like to take it easy and relax. We absolutely love Universal and we spent 3 days there. On Sunday we managed to take in two Make Up shows and during the final one, I was "that guy" that didn't help Mickey James when she was "dying". Even when you know what's coming it's still hilarious.

We checked out of the RPR this morning and checked into the French Quarter today. Our room wasn't ready but he told us we'd be in building 3, so that's cool. We didn't have any breakfast, so we high tailed it over here to the Studios and ate at Pizza Planet. Now we're standing in line to see Phineas and Ferb, and that's where I'm writing this little TR from.

One thing I must say is WHAT HAPPENED TO SEPTEMBER? Holy cow, is this NOT dead.....

It's very crowded. I would compare this to April. Too bad we were spoiled by having the Express Pass. Now back to third class with the rest of the peasants.

Also, if you're familiar with my style then you know I won't be adding pictures until we get home on the 23rd. Sorry folks, but I'm not good at using Photobucket on the go.

And one more thing.....my son and I have now maxed out on Men In Black. As a matter of fact, I've done it 3 times now.

......to be continued.

draybook

Original Poster
We were there 8-28- 9-7. Would have loved to have taken in MNSSHP again this year but we booked bounceback last year hoping the party would still be early this year.

Yeah, we were going to do the same, but with Labor Day pushing into the first week of September again next year, we aren't holding out hope for early party nights. But if they do, we'll probably move it up.

worldfanatic

Just got back from 8 nights in Aruba. Didn't use internet there.
But I really enjoyed catching up & reading the rest of your vacation while killing 7 hours in LAX.
Looking forward to future reports.

draybook

Original Poster
Great trip report @draybook ! Question for you... have you ever purchased the Photo Connect from Universal? It seems similar to Disney's Photopass and was just wondering your thoughts?

Yes, we've used it once. I would say it's worth the money, but I wish they would take notice from Disney and have the photos automatically go to your card. My son and I go on MiB dozens of times and it would be nice if we didn't have to stop at the desk to have our card scanned. But I absolutely think it's worth it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom