Questions about working at Disney

dancerhilary

Original Poster
Hi! I am currently a senior in high school and I am interested in working at Walt Disney World in the future. It has always been a dream of mine to work at Disney. I don't live in Florida but I was wondering if any of you could give me some advice on some reasonable places to live near Disney and how to apply for a job there. Are there places in Florida that specifically rent to Disney cast members? Do some cast members rent to other cast members? I would love to hear all about your experiences working for the company. If you have any advice for me please feel free to comment. I would really appreciate it. Thank you!

Journey_On

Hi! I am currently a senior in high school and I am interested in working at Walt Disney World in the future. It has always been a dream of mine to work at Disney. I don't live in Florida but I was wondering if any of you could give me some advice on some reasonable places to live near Disney and how to apply for a job there. Are there places in Florida that specifically rent to Disney cast members? Do some cast members rent to other cast members? I would love to hear all about your experiences working for the company. If you have any advice for me please feel free to comment. I would really appreciate it. Thank you!

Hi Hilary,
I would say one of the best ways to get in is to do the Disney College Program. You can apply for it while you are taking classes in college. I don't know if it has changed, but you can even do it after you graduate, as long as you are a current student when you apply (that is what I did).

There are some apartment complexes that have a lot of cast members, but there is no cast member-exclusive apartment complex (unless you are in the College Program - they have their own College Program housing). Some cast members do offer to rent one of their rooms out (either in their apartment or house) to other cast members.

I would recommend trying to find places in Windermere, Winter Garden, Dr. Phillips, or southwest Orlando. When you find the name of an apartment complex, put the address into Google and see how far it is from WDW.

The Disney College Program is a great experience, and there may be opportunities to continue working for the company after the program is over or when you graduate.

dancerhilary

Original Poster
Thank you so much Journey_On for your advice! I was also wondering if you do the college program and then eventually get an internship with Disney do you have to find your own housing or does Disney provide housing for internships as well?

Journey_On

Thank you so much Journey_On for your advice! I was also wondering if you do the college program and then eventually get an internship with Disney do you have to find your own housing or does Disney provide housing for internships as well?

You're very welcome, Hilary! For the professional internships (post-CP), you will have to obtain your own housing. When you're doing the CP, you will meet so many people and make friends, including those who may be looking for roommates later on. That's a good way to find ideas for housing and/or roommates. :)

DisneyDayDreamer

They normally offer a complex for PI's it's extremely limited and behind MK. I know it was a thing after my 2015 CP. If not there is a cast member Facebook page for roommates there are always people on it! I hoped this helped and good luck.

Journey_On

Yes, to what @DisneyDayDreamer said - there is a FB page for cast members seeking housing. Search for "Disney World Cast Member Apartment/Roommate Finder" on FB, and ask to join the group, if you're interested. :)

CaptainAmerica

I would recommend trying to find places in Windermere, Winter Garden, Dr. Phillips, or southwest Orlando. When you find the name of an apartment complex, put the address into Google and see how far it is from WDW.
I would recommend exactly the opposite of those places. Those areas are extremely expensive and you'll be paying a ridiculous amount in rent, mainly because those are the desirable school districts. A single person with no children has no reason to spend that kind of money when you're not putting kids in school. You can find much more affordable options in Kissimmee or northern Davenport (near ChampionsGate).

I also do not recommend the college program. You'll be treated much better (and respected by your leaders much more) if you apply as a regular cast member. CPs get dumped on. They also make you live in their apartments, which are dumps.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom