I got a "Yes!" 9/4

Scoots71

Original Poster
Thought I'd share my story. For full disclosures, my fiance loves animals (she's on the board of directors for a local wildlife rehabilitation center), and her favorite park is clearly Animal Kingdom. Also, her favorite characters are Chip & Dale and Donald. We also joke that she knew when I was going to propose before I knew. (It was her idea to plant this Disney trip in my head, though that doesn't take much.)

So, when we arrived on our trip, she received a special flower arrangement welcoming her from Donald. On our first full day (the big day), we enjoyed meeting Donald and the gang at Donald's Safari Breakfast. Then we went over to Rafiki's Planet Watch to meet Chip & Dale (they were a hoot. Chip was giving her lots of love, and Dale tried to steal her sunglasses), and we checked out some of the animal care facilities.

After that was one of our big planned experiences. We went on the Wild Africa Trek. I fully recommend this for anyone. It is a phenomenal experience. She suspected something might happen while on this trip, but it was still one of the best experiences of her life. After the Trek, we went back to our resort to get ready for dinner at Kona Cafe. She loves the beach as well, so I wanted to give a beach flair to everything. Now because we were staying at Wilderness Lodge, we took a boat to Magic Kingdom, and while we were waiting on a transfer boat to Polynesian, we had some time to sneak into MK for a couple of pictures in front of the entrance. I used this for an intentional fake out on her, cause I was acting suspicious.

After a great dinner, we went to the beach to explore and take a walk. My plan was to go onto Luau Beach, however I did not realize the Luau was actively going on at the time, so we just kept walking along toward the Grand Floridian. Eventually we found a quiet spot to relax and enjoy the lights off the water. I can't remember what I did or said, but she said I was crazy (a complement from her), so I said, "Crazy enough to do this!" I got down on one knee, and barely finished the question before she said yes without realizing there was a ring there for about 2 minutes, cause she was so excited. Not a minute after I put the ring on her did the Electrical Water Pageant flair up infront of the GF. It was perfect timing. We then went back to MK just in time to take some re-enactment pictures and engagement pictures infront of the main entrance before Wishes!

Sorry for the long post, but had to share.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom