Staying One Night in DLP

melflip8

Original Poster
Hey All!

We are stopping in at DLP for one night during our Honeymoon in May 2016. I have read online that they don't let people from the US book only 1 night at a DLP resort hotel - we have our hearts set on 1 night at the Disneyland Hotel - any assistance, tips, or ways around this would be welcomed! :)

melflip8

Original Poster
Yes, I tried online (wouldn't let me - two night minimum package) and called and they said that she wasn't sure if I could book one night and to call back in December. lol

Stevie Amsterdam

Sorry to hear that. Still doesn't make sense though! Why not sell you the room instead of taking the risk that the room is not going to be booked? There are 7 (seven!) hotels owned by Disney at the resort for only two parks, so it's not that all rooms will be filled guaranteed.

May I please advise you to look into all the planned refurbs for 2016? As 2017 is the 25th anniversary year DLP is steering towards a very heavy refurb programm to get everything done in time. Some rides will close for more than a year and you might not want to celebrate your honeymoon between green fences and scaffolding if you only have one day. Don't get me wrong, you will still have a blast but at least you had the chance to investigate if 2016 is the best time for you and your partner to visit DLP ;)

melflip8

Original Poster
Yeah, this is just a tiny part of the honeymoon, haha - we've both been to Paris before. I'm sure we'll go back one day, but since we are also getting married at WDW we wanted to spend a day in DLP. :) Thank you though!

HolleBolleGijs

Really? At what point are you stopped? I got to the order summary page, just before you pay. It should be noted they don't really let you book the hotel without park admission. Everything is a package at DLP, so this would automatically include two days of park entry.
Screenshot_2015-10-02-18-05-27.png

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
It does seem strange that DLP won't allow you to book one night. A couple words of advice I learned about booking was the prices on the US site are usually more expensive than the UK or basically any European countries site, and often the US booking dates don't open until after the UK/Europe dates. I booked through the UK site and saved a decent amount of money (I kept checking awhile after I booked just to see if anything better came along)

Also you don't have to call DLP directly and pay the overseas phone charge. There is a 407 WDW number that I called and asked to be transferred to DLP. It worked pretty smoothly and I didn't have any long distance/overseas charges.

melflip8

Original Poster
Really? At what point are you stopped? I got to the order summary page, just before you pay. It should be noted they don't really let you book the hotel without park admission. Everything is a package at DLP, so this would automatically include two days of park entry.
View attachment 113135

Hey! It wont even let me get to that point....it says that one night is unavailable at this point. I called though and they said that for both the UK and US they don't open single night sales up until December 9th....so I will just try calling back then. Thank you guys for all of your help though! I really appreciate you helping make my honeymoon that much more magical! :) Here's hoping that the one random Wednesday night in May is open come December!

melflip8

Original Poster
It does seem strange that DLP won't allow you to book one night. A couple words of advice I learned about booking was the prices on the US site are usually more expensive than the UK or basically any European countries site, and often the US booking dates don't open until after the UK/Europe dates. I booked through the UK site and saved a decent amount of money (I kept checking awhile after I booked just to see if anything better came along)

Also you don't have to call DLP directly and pay the overseas phone charge. There is a 407 WDW number that I called and asked to be transferred to DLP. It worked pretty smoothly and I didn't have any long distance/overseas charges.

Good to know about the UK prices! I will definitely just use that site when they open up bookings for May 2016 (they told me December)!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Good to know about the UK prices! I will definitely just use that site when they open up bookings for May 2016 (they told me December)!

Last year I was able to book for June 2015 in October of 2014 via the UK site. In the end I didn't need to book that early, there were plenty of opening later. But I like to book things when I see a deal I like.

melflip8

Original Poster
Last year I was able to book for June 2015 in October of 2014 via the UK site. In the end I didn't need to book that early, there were plenty of opening later. But I like to book things when I see a deal I like.

Interesting....are you actually in the UK? Or the US?

HolleBolleGijs

Thing is, you'll probably need a UK address to go through that site. I tried to do it thinking it was a better value (I can't convert currency apparently), and it wouldn't let me change the country for the address. To be honest, DLP has been in the media recently for charging different prices for different countries, but it's been publicized so much that I highly doubt that's the case now.

At one point I even went through the sites of different countries (including the US and UK), and there was really no difference in cost.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Interesting....are you actually in the UK? Or the US?

I'm in the US. If you book through the UK site, don't change the country at booking keep it UK even in your address. It doesn't matter, nothing is mailed to you anyway everything is emailed to you. You might want to make sure your credit card doesn't charge foreign transaction fees. I forgot about that and got hit with a decent foreign transaction fee, it was still cheaper than booking on the USA site though.

Animaniac93-98

I book with the UK site to get the deals and have no issues either. You can always change the country after you arrive or before you do using a contact form on the website. Even if you don't, as @ajrwdwgirl says, it's not an issue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom