Food and Wine Premium Fiasco

POLY LOVER

Resort delivery can take up to 48 hours.

With that said, I'd definitely speak with someone regarding the whole fiasco. It sounds like you spent several hours of your vacation handling administrative matters on Disney's end. I would think some compensation for that time would be in order.

On the bright side, once you get it sorted out, the VIP package is a substantial upgrade to touring the booths.

I would like to do it but is it worth the money for 2, and I'm a little worried I would have the issues that are being mentioned in the thread.
I have a bum hip so I can't go walking back and forth to resolve issues. recommendations anyone so should I or shouldn't I do it?

jakeman

I would like to do it but is it worth the money for 2, and I'm a little worried I would have the issues that are being mentioned in the thread.
I have a bum hip so I can't go walking back and forth to resolve issues. recommendations anyone so should I or shouldn't I do it?
Curious that you have a bad hip that would prevent you from solving issues with the package, but yet not sure if a package with guaranteed seating and delivery of booth items to you is worth it? Apologies if I appear incredulous at the paradox.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Curious that you have a bad hip that would prevent you from solving issues with the package, but yet not sure if a package with guaranteed seating and delivery of booth items to you is worth it? Apologies if I appear incredulous at the paradox.
I have a some reservations about this posters credibility.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I hope you get more than extra Fastpasses. That's all we got for our nightmare experience at French Quarter last year. Had I responded the way I wanted to, I probably would have been 86'd from the property.
Usually when we have had some type of issue at our resort even as of last fall, they gave us a credit (not a very large one but hey better than FP's) never just FP's. That sucks I agree!

romitaz

Original Poster
Well, we just got home last night so I thought I would update this. As a whole, we loved the Premium Package. The first day was a serious fiasco, that many faced. As the days went on though, the wonderful cast members helped us forget the massive blunder of the beginning of the week. We received 3 fastpasses, and were given 8 more comped vouchers for the food/drink items. We had a member of management come by every day while we were in EPCOT to check in with us and to make sure we were having the magical memories that we were promised. The CM's at the Canada VIP area were amazing! They had rehearsed three songs to sing and they were such fun! The CM's at every single VIP area were great. They had such great stories and engaged every customer like they were the most important person in the world at that time. Our experience went from one of the worst, to the best we have had in our long history of visiting. We went from never wanting to buy the Plan again, to life long converts. Well done Disney, well done.

sxeensweet

Well, we just got home last night so I thought I would update this. As a whole, we loved the Premium Package. The first day was a serious fiasco, that many faced. As the days went on though, the wonderful cast members helped us forget the massive blunder of the beginning of the week. We received 3 fastpasses, and were given 8 more comped vouchers for the food/drink items. We had a member of management come by every day while we were in EPCOT to check in with us and to make sure we were having the magical memories that we were promised. The CM's at the Canada VIP area were amazing! They had rehearsed three songs to sing and they were such fun! The CM's at every single VIP area were great. They had such great stories and engaged every customer like they were the most important person in the world at that time. Our experience went from one of the worst, to the best we have had in our long history of visiting. We went from never wanting to buy the Plan again, to life long converts. Well done Disney, well done.
Great news!! So happy it worked out for you and everything was fixed! How was the Illuninations Dessert Party that was included etc? I know it's not just offered for premium package, and know all about it, but just wonder if there was any problems concerning the package with it. As this was not included with it last year so hoping any kinks are worked out before we get there. Lol. Sounds like they are though. :)

Last edited:

romitaz

Original Poster
Great news!! So happy it worked out for you and everything was fixed! How was the Illuninations Dessert Party that was included etc? I know it's not just offered for premium package, and know all about it, but just wonder if there was any problems concerning the package with it. As this was not included with it last year so hoping any kinks are worked out before we get there. Lol. Sounds like they are though. :)
The dessert party was great. It was a bit wet and rainy on our night so the party was moved to the China pavilion. The only negative was that there was supposed to be tiramisu(GF's favorite dessert) and none was to be seen. I asked about it and they said there was a mix up in the menu but they would be glad to go get it from Italy. 10 minutes later, GF had her tiramisu. They lead us to the viewing area about 15 minutes prior to the start of Illuminations. We loved all of it.

sxeensweet

The dessert party was great. It was a bit wet and rainy on our night so the party was moved to the China pavilion. The only negative was that there was supposed to be tiramisu(GF's favorite dessert) and none was to be seen. I asked about it and they said there was a mix up in the menu but they would be glad to go get it from Italy. 10 minutes later, GF had her tiramisu. They lead us to the viewing area about 15 minutes prior to the start of Illuminations. We loved all of it.
Awesome! That is my DH's fave desert as well so I hope they have it for him our night 10/22. Thanks for the info! :)

raven

Sadly, this type of thing in the norm anymore.

Went to get my PassPort booked stamped for my AP wine glass on Day 1 I went into the line that said "DAY 1 or DAY 2 only" and the elderly man stamped my book DAY 2 in the spot where Day 1 was supposed to be. He had one job and can't even do that? o_O

Needless to say I was sent to the front of the park to get a new PassPort book so they could start all over again. :banghead:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Oh this is just the first volley. I'm on my way to the front desk now. This is unacceptable.

But far from uncommon at WDW today sadly, It seems that WDW cannot get their ducks in a row for premium services/rooms and those are the services with the least room for FUBAR situations as yours is.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Sadly, this type of thing in the norm anymore.

Went to get my PassPort booked stamped for my AP wine glass on Day 1 I went into the line that said "DAY 1 or DAY 2 only" and the elderly man stamped my book DAY 2 in the spot where Day 1 was supposed to be. He had one job and can't even do that? o_O

Needless to say I was sent to the front of the park to get a new PassPort book so they could start all over again. :banghead:

Not like they could have sent a runner to get you a new passport since it was WDW's screwup, This seems to be becoming the norm at WDW the GUEST is responsible for correcting WDW's CHARLIE-FOXTROTS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom