FW Cabin Renovation

Kman

Original Poster
During our visit this summer there were crews working on a very significant renovation of the cabins. In talking to one of the PM's sounded like almost a complete re-do. Anyone have an update or pics? We love the cabins and would love to see the finished product.

Acgirl111

We stayed there in May and again in August. We stayed in the same section each time. The only changes I could see were to the exterior of the cabin.

Kman

Original Poster
We stayed there in May and again in August. We stayed in the same section each time. The only changes I could see were to the exterior of the cabin.

I can attest to the fact major reno we're happening. I saw the new appliances and I was shown the new floor plan including new flooring and kitchens. Just wondering if anyone has stayed in a newly renovated cabin. It sounded like it would be very nice!

R W B

I'm staying in the cabins in Feb next year, I would love to get an updated one, hopefully with atleast a queen size bed lol.

@wdwmagic @Master Yoda @marni1971

Any of you all have any info on the refurb of the FW cabins? I did a search and went back to May on post titles and couldn't find anything (maybe I missed a thread).

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I'm staying in the cabins in Feb next year, I would love to get an updated one, hopefully with atleast a queen size bed lol.

@wdwmagic @Master Yoda @marni1971

Any of you all have any info on the refurb of the FW cabins? I did a search and went back to May on post titles and couldn't find anything (maybe I missed a thread).
I have not heard anything since the permit was filed back in June. I am not even sure if they have started yet.

pixiesteno

There was a post at fortfiends.net that had photos of the renovations. It appears that the murphy bed has been removed and it looks like a sleeper sofa has been put in place of that. Look under General category and then under Disney and Fort Construction for the thread. It looks like they have put in new counter tops and back splashes. The vanity looks new in the bathroom. They have put in a six drawer dresser where the murphy bed was and hung a flat screen on the wall above it.

JennSmith

There was a post at fortfiends.net that had photos of the renovations. It appears that the murphy bed has been removed and it looks like a sleeper sofa has been put in place of that. Look under General category and then under Disney and Fort Construction for the thread. It looks like they have put in new counter tops and back splashes. The vanity looks new in the bathroom. They have put in a six drawer dresser where the murphy bed was and hung a flat screen on the wall above it.
Yep I just checked those pics and they look really nice!! I wonder what the chances are of all the cabins being done by late September 2016...we are staying there and would LOVE a remodeled cabin :)

CaptainAmerica

So it appears that not all of the cabins are being remodeled then? It listed loops 100, 2200, 2300, 2500. This will be our first time staying in a cabin so I wonder what I could request during online check-in that could increase my chances of getting one of the remodeled cabins?
I'm wondering the same thing. We're going in January. Does anyone know which ones are done as of today?

JennSmith

I'm wondering the same thing. We're going in January. Does anyone know which ones are done as of today?
I called 407.824.2900 twice and was told twice that there are no current refurbishments/remodels. So then I called 407.934.7639 and she started to tell me the same but then I told her I have seen pictures. She then said the remodels must all be completed by now since she doesn't show any current refurbishments. She started to poke around and found out...nothing. So all I got accomplished was having the request for a remodeled cabin added to my reservation. I don't know what good that will do lol, but at least she acknowledged that they were being updated even if she couldn't tell me how many were going to be done...

JennSmith

No, the fridge is still there...:) this is from that other website mentioned previously
12027688_10153234968876158_8040124779887927231_n.jpg

CaptainAmerica

wow, am interpreting those pictures incorrectly, or does it look like you are losing the full size refrigerator and the oven? those were the big draws for us, i just don't see where they are going to go??
Still has the full size refrigerator and I believe the microwave-looking thing is actually a convection oven.

ETA: What do you bake when you're at WDW? We're doing the cabins for the first time in January but we've stayed in Old Key West and Hilton Head villas and it never occurred to us to turn the oven on even once. We used the stove top for eggs and bacon in the mornings and we've grilled outside, but I feel like anything you could bake would just take way too much time of a vacation.

Last edited:

DWFEVR

We just returned from the campgrounds yesterday and they have started refurbishments. Everything in Loop 2600 was being done. You couldn't get close enough to see what exactly had been done. We did see some old stoves & mattresses outside and doors being painted. A Habitat for Humanity Resale truck was loading up one day. They had another loop that looked like it was about ready to start and a few sporadic individual cabins that had signs posted. There is no way everything will be done by the end of the year. We are also going back in Dec. so we'll see then. Wish I would have pictures...sorry.

JennSmith

We just returned from the campgrounds yesterday and they have started refurbishments. Everything in Loop 2600 was being done. You couldn't get close enough to see what exactly had been done. We did see some old stoves & mattresses outside and doors being painted. A Habitat for Humanity Resale truck was loading up one day. They had another loop that looked like it was about ready to start and a few sporadic individual cabins that had signs posted. There is no way everything will be done by the end of the year. We are also going back in Dec. so we'll see then. Wish I would have pictures...sorry.
Loop 2600 wasn't even mentioned in the Touring Plans post so I guess that's a good sign? Was there any indication that ALL of the cabins would be remodeled? I tried to email and ask and of course they denied it. I just don't get why they are denying it?

CaptainAmerica

Loop 2600 wasn't even mentioned in the Touring Plans post so I guess that's a good sign? Was there any indication that ALL of the cabins would be remodeled?
Not just the Touring Plans post, but the actual permits.

I tried to email and ask and of course they denied it. I just don't get why they are denying it?
Fort Wilderness guests tend to be more "in the know" than regular resort guests. If this was published, they've have people throwing tantrums if they're not put in the renovated cabins. Compared a regular room refurbishment, these are much more substantial.

JennSmith

Compared a regular room refurbishment, these are much more substantial.
True...well that just means everyone has homework lol. We will all have to nose around when we are finally there to see exactly which ones are getting done and when they are expected to be finished...and then report back here. Although I won't be going until September so I might not be much use...

JennSmith

Ok...so today I called because I had a question about my golf cart reservation. And just because I figured "why not" I asked the guy about the renovations. He said ALL of the cabins are going to be remodeled, they are doing them by loops and they will ALL be done by the time I visit...9/27/2016. Sorry - I didn't think to ask WHEN they will be done because I know some of you will be visiting before me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom