The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

RCL is Royal Caribbean Line. The Oasis Class is top notch, I have pictures of our last cruise, if any one wants to see them when we get back. The eastern Caribbean is so pretty, don't get off at Nasau, (sp), it's dangerous to tourists unless you stay at the port stores. Frankly, I've never been impressed much with the stops, but the colors of the ocean is beautiful.
Pictures please!!

Songbird76

I love the order of the pics: church, church, cupcakes! Save the best for last. :hilarious:
It was the only food I took a picture of the whole weekend...most of the food was underwhelming. But we were all trying to save money, so we weren't doing very nice restaurants. But none of it was worth taking pictures of, except the cupcakes. I'm going to attempt to duplicate them in a couple of days.

Songbird76

Very unproductive choir rehearsal tonight. That always bugs me. We're adults and half the people act like Jr. High students. Tonight there was a decent excuse, but still. We were singing and suddenly one of the 2nd Sopranos is holding up the person next to her and lowering her to the floor while the director keeps going and most of the choir has no idea anything is wrong. We ended up taking our break 15 minutes early and calling her husband to come get her as she obviously couldn't drive...the one person in our choir who is actually a doctor wasn't there tonight, so we have no idea what happened other than maybe it was just too warm. It gets really warm in the rehearsal space. But once she went home we SHOULD have been able to get the focus back, but we never did. I probably shouldn't take it so seriously, but I feel like it's a waste of time to not do what we're there to do...and a waste of money. Once she was ok and safe, we should be able to get back to routine. Of course, I come from a professional background where someone could pass out and the rest of us would just act like nothing happened until the end of the piece we were singing and this is just a community choir, so I understand it, but it is hard for me.

FutureCEO

What is RCL? So I understood from an earlier post that you are members of DVC. Is that only for Disney parks? Or are there places in other destinations as well? And is it only in the US? I saw in the planning video that there are disney adventures to different countries, etc, can you do those with DVC points?

DVC is wicked expensive now...even resale points. I advise against it. 500 points of whatever is almost $50K. I dunno. My head is foggy today. But don't give in to the dark side.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I read "dirty diaper plates", which....eeeuuuuwww. But aside from that, it's so true. I was gone for 2.5 days and came home to a dirty house, hubby fed the kids nothing but junk (seriously...he gave them "dessert day" 2 days in a row, which is when he takes them to the store and lets them each pick out 3 or 4 desserts or junk food items to have as dinner...chips, cookies, chocolate, ice cream, soda, etc...that was dinner...and lunch....and breakfast, for 2 days. The other meal he took them out for fries and chicken nuggets.), he didn't replace the milk that he couldn't tell if it was good or bad so he dumped it and didn't tell me to get new...I discovered when I went to make the egg wash and breading for the baked chicken ******* yesterday, and he left DS's wet towel and dirty soccer clothing from Saturday morning in the gym bag, so when I went to get him ready for practice last night, his bag REEKED and his soccer stuff was all dirty.

{{{HUGS}}}

I've come home to worse, on the milder side swim suits and beach towels in competition bags isn't pleasant. Worst end, ManChild getting sick in his bed when small and him just moving DS to another bed and leaving it. :cyclops:

Gabe1

If Avatarland is open it is going to be crazy busy.Might mean Potter is slightly less so . . . Just sayin
I do think if Avatarland is underwhelming or amazing it will crowded for a while, much like the Mermaid was in the FLE. I'm not seeing the long lasting fandom in Avatar like there is for Harry Potter though. Time will tell. Now Star Wars, yes even though I'm not one of them.

betty rose

Thats a interesting myth about Moctezuma's revenge..

funfact, you can get the "moctezuma's revenge" everywhere.
Its not the water per se.
But the viruses and bacteria you find it floating in the air as you visit.

Also, it depends the definition of "drinking water". In Mexico, drinking water is via bottle or via personal purifier. The tap water is drinkable but id say the majority of Mexicans never drink from the tap.
And I know the culture of US americans is to drink right straight from the tap (all my cousins that are USA born do that).

Most contamination.. like I said, is not from the water.
Let's just say that we have a completely different "zoo" floating around than the one in the US. and each one of us are immune to our own zoos.. so we switch places.. we will get tanked until our defences normalize themselves.
But yeah, the food culture isn't very strong in most latin america. If you eat in the street.. be ready to get infected if you dont select a clean stand.
Same here, some of the food trucks just look questionable, and they don't have to be inspected. No law , in Denver to do that.

MOXOMUMD

I heard from a friend who takes alot of cruises.. that Royal Caribbean is also making cut measures.. like not allowing more than 2 people in the interior rooms.. I'm like ***.. really?
That makes no sense as many interior rooms only have two twin beds unless you book one with a pulldown bunk. If true I wonder if Celebrity would do the same since they have the same owners.

StarWarsGirl

Good news: hand is in splint again. I can type! Wonderful feeling. Still have to cover for showering as one of my incisions has not heeled and bled when doctor took the cast off. Arm is actually less swollen now than it was before the surgery, although my hand is pretty swollen. My arm looks smaller, which makes me wonder how long this problem was actually going on.

Bad news: I have a large lawn ornament for a car. Fluid for the power steering is leaking.:grumpy:

StarWarsGirl

Now Star Wars, yes even though I'm not one of them.
0d9bc4a49c4f4fed0c8970ac82b5c2778c8dba2beaf6647c452df48e1438c482.jpg

betty rose

DVC is wicked expensive now...even resale points. I advise against it. 500 points of whatever is almost $50K. I dunno. My head is foggy today. But don't give in to the dark side.
I hate to say this we bought in when the first 400 plus 50 came to a total, of 36,000$. That's a lot of money, and we would never have done this except for the inheritance we didn't expect. For the times we have stayed there Saratoga, and Bay Lake, and Animal Kingdom lodge, even with the dues each year, we have doubled the money that we spent. So for us it was a good deal, but for people who only want to go ever two or three years, it would be really hard to break even. The prices today, I'm not sure. We do intend to give to our kids, and grandkids the remaining years. Should be around thirty left after we quit going.

Gabe1

For the price of an 8-day vacation at WDW, we can take an 8-day Caribbean cruise with four ports of call. That is more appealling to us until they get more of the construction projects done at the parks.

And that is the question, how long @MOXOMUMD will be cruising to avoid the major construction. It could be done fairly quickly, a few cruises or Disney can fix all 4 parks that have been neglected. You can take your youngin to WDW for either her high school or college graduation trip in that case. :facepalm: ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom