End of January?

draybook

As of right now the plan is for us to be down there from January 23rd until February 5th. We'll be checking into one of the Value resorts on the 27th. Originally when I planned the days, TP had all of that time frame listed at 2s and 3s. Now there are a few 6s right at the end of January. Does anyone have an idea of what might be going on?

I know that there's the marathon weekend before we get there and I'm not familiar with any holidays or anything at the end of the month. Oh well, we're still pretty stoked. We've been in December before as well as February, March, and April. I'm looking forward to the cool weather and our first trip with a newborn.

DisneyPrincess5

You just went and now you're planning for a few months away? You're so lucky! I know MLK day is 1/18 but I doubt that would create high crowds by the time you'll be there. Marathons are before and after your dates.
How old will the baby be?

Upvote 0

draybook

Original Poster
You just went and now you're planning for a few months away? You're so lucky! I know MLK day is 1/18 but I doubt that would create high crowds by the time you'll be there. Marathons are before and after your dates.
How old will the baby be?

We went last September, this February, April and September. Very fortunate indeed. But in all fairness, the April trip was planned for the Orlando MegaCon, but one does not simply come to the Orlando area without visiting Mickey Mouse.

The Mrs. is due in the next few weeks, so the baby will be about 3 months old.

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

We went last September, this February, April and September. Very fortunate indeed. But in all fairness, the April trip was planned for the Orlando MegaCon, but one does not simply come to the Orlando area without visiting Mickey Mouse.

The Mrs. is due in the next few weeks, so the baby will be about 3 months old.
Wow that's awesome. Yes we feel the same way.

Congrats!

Upvote 0

pixiesteno

We will be there during the same time frame which is usually a low crowd time but they just came out with a couple of specials during that time so I figure that may impact crowds. We haven't been at the end of January since 2010. At taht time it was walk on to 20 minutes for most rides.

Upvote 0

draybook

Original Poster
Mos
We will be there during the same time frame which is usually a low crowd time but they just came out with a couple of specials during that time so I figure that may impact crowds. We haven't been at the end of January since 2010. At taht time it was walk on to 20 minutes for most rides.

Most of the days still show a 2 or 3 rating, so my fingers are crossed.

Upvote 0

TXDisney

We were down there 1/12-1/21 of 2014 and the parks were quite a bit crowded which was surprising. A lot of South Americans. Must be holiday season for them that time of the year

Upvote 0

Cmdr_Crimson

Having gone around the Jan/Feb mark and I'm going around the same dates you should be fine...The Tour groups are in full force at the Value resorts which could be nightmare-ish during the breakfast & Dinner rush..But, the parks are decent around these times waits go up to 15-20mins and it's nice..

You also landed in a nice perfect spot With the Marathon & MLK weekend just finishing it's a nice calm pattern around that time...And just as you leave...The cheerleading competitions begin on the 7th & 8th...

Upvote 0

JAG107

We went those dates in '14 and crowd levels were about the best we've ever seen aside from our first trip early may 07.
The last Tuesday of January was rainy and we walked on just about every ride. Don't worry about the 6's, that's typical for all weekend days pretty much, and it beats 8-10's!
We'll be at BWV this coming end of January, so we're banking on those nice crowds and cool weather. It's a tough time of year to beat!

Upvote 0

wendysue

Am in parks now and busier than ever seen at this time! 2 hours to get back to Pop from Epcot last night. Only loaded one bus every 6 to 10 minutes for several hundred people. Absolutely NO excuse for this. A couple years ago they would load 2 at a time to get everyone cleared out and back to the resort.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom