AKL Savannah Upgrades

DrummerAlly

Original Poster
We just booked our standard view room over at AKL for our trip January 23-26. Last time we stayed there, we booked two standard view rooms and both were upgraded to savannah view. I'm looking at a resort map and its really amazing to me how few of their rooms seem to really be standard view. Based off what I see, it looks like just a small number overlooking the resort entrance, and yet anytime I go to book here, there's always standard availability.

Does anyone have any idea if they frequently "overbook" the standard view rooms and then just upgrade people or if the savannah rooms are really that much more popular that there is generally standard availability?

I'm certainly not expecting to get upgraded again, we've had more than our fair share of free upgrades: standard to savannah view at AKL (for both rooms) and standard to concierge level at YC on our honeymoon. Actually, thats every deluxe room we've ever booked.

CAPTAIN HOOK

We stayed at AKL at Christmas 08, paying for a Savannah room.

We've just returned from a 14 night stay at AKL (August) booking a standard view. We got a savannah view :) As you rightly say, there don't appear to be that many standard view rooms, based on that you'd be really unlucky to get a view of the bus stops !!!

dreamfinder

There are ALOT of rooms that actually overlook animal enclosure/savannah, but that they classify as standard view. @lentesta and the crew at the Unofficial Guide has a great interactive tool here -> http://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-animal-kingdom-lodge Many rooms that simply have less than ideal views can be classified as standard. Or you can end up with parking lot view, but those are pretty few.

bethymouse

I had a "less than perfect" view of the savannah our last trip... we paid for standard. It was an end room, but still had a great view of anchole cattle, giraffes, and flamingo pond.:p

DrummerAlly

Original Poster
There are ALOT of rooms that actually overlook animal enclosure/savannah, but that they classify as standard view. @lentesta and the crew at the Unofficial Guide has a great interactive tool here -> http://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-animal-kingdom-lodge Many rooms that simply have less than ideal views can be classified as standard. Or you can end up with parking lot view, but those are pretty few.
Wow, that is a seriously cool tool! Okay, that makes much more sense to me now. A lot of the "less than ideal" savannah views, my husband and I would consider the jackpot as an upgrade. I think its very possible our previous trip here was with one of these views even though it was pretty good. Awesome - I'll continue to save the money at the resort and book standard and hope for one of these rooms! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom