Made reservation via Expedia for GF, will the magic band wait for us at our hotel?

AstridJMF

Original Poster
Hello!
This is my first post, even if I was lurking since a long time ago. I'm french so I always feel nervous to post beside my poor english but with the new system of Magic Bands (but really excited about them anyway) I'm wondering if we will have them too because I booked our stay by expedia because the fly and GF rooms were cheaper for us with expedia package ? :)
I'm so excited by this trip! it is for my bday which was in july but I'd like to have a room in GF (always dream about it since I'm a kid) the MVMCP tickets (love christmas!)
I booked too my MVMCP tickets and wonder if their will be in the magic band or is it special tickets ? :)
Again sorry if my post is full of english mistakes :)

PinnySmart

You should be able to get your confirmation number from Expedia and enter it into your My Disney Experience account. Then you should be able to request magic bands. If you are outside of the United States the magic bands will be waiting for you when you check into the GF. I hope this information is correct as I have never used Expedia but others have and this is what they have done. Hopefully someone will correct me if I am wrong. The members here are always extremely helpful. Welcome to WDWMagic! Have a great trip.

ShareBDwithMickey

Bon jour you will be fine & your magic bands will be waiting in the GF when you arrive, this is true for all guests coming from outside of the USA. The fact that you booked using expedia won't make any difference.

As for your party tickets, as long as you have set up your My Disney Experience account & have linked your booking & tickets they will be on your band. Don't forget to pick your band colour & names in plenty of time as well as booking your restaurant & fastpasses as soon as you can.

AstridJMF

Original Poster
You should be able to get your confirmation number from Expedia and enter it into your My Disney Experience account. Then you should be able to request magic bands. If you are outside of the United States the magic bands will be waiting for you when you check into the GF. I hope this information is correct as I have never used Expedia but others have and this is what they have done. Hopefully someone will correct me if I am wrong. The members here are always extremely helpful. Welcome to WDWMagic! Have a great trip.

Thank you very much for the nice reply!! I will check this :) Yes, I live in France. I'm going to register with my expedia number to my disney experience account! :) I m sure I 'll have a great trip! Disneyworld is magic for me and my family :)

AstridJMF

Original Poster
Bon jour you will be fine & your magic bands will be waiting in the GF when you arrive, this is true for all guests coming from outside of the USA. The fact that you booked using expedia won't make any difference.

As for your party tickets, as long as you have set up your My Disney Experience account & have linked your booking & tickets they will be on your band. Don't forget to pick your band colour & names in plenty of time as well as booking your restaurant & fastpasses as soon as you can.
Oh ok, thank you so much! I will register my tickets on my disney experience and like you said, pick our fav colors and names and all !!! I'm so exicted!!! Thank you for the nice answers :)

Rob562

Thank you very much for the nice reply!! I will check this :) Yes, I live in France. I'm going to register with my expedia number to my disney experience account! :) I m sure I 'll have a great trip! Disneyworld is magic for me and my family :)

Be aware that you're looking for the *Disney* reservation number to link to your MDE profile. The Expedia confirmation number is simply an internal Expedia company number. I know that Orbitz puts the Disney reservation number and a link to MDE right in their confirmation email (though it's buried about halfway down the long email). I do not know how Expedia relays that info to the Guest.

Lastly, once you get the number, you may need to wait 24-28 hours after the time you made the reservation for Expedia to get all of your info to Disney before you can successfully link the reservation.

-Rob

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Hello!
This is my first post, even if I was lurking since a long time ago. I'm french so I always feel nervous to post beside my poor english but with the new system of Magic Bands (but really excited about them anyway) I'm wondering if we will have them too because I booked our stay by expedia because the fly and GF rooms were cheaper for us with expedia package ? :)
I'm so excited by this trip! it is for my bday which was in july but I'd like to have a room in GF (always dream about it since I'm a kid) the MVMCP tickets (love christmas!)
I booked too my MVMCP tickets and wonder if their will be in the magic band or is it special tickets ? :)
Again sorry if my post is full of english mistakes :)
Welcome to WDWMAGIC! Your English is a lot better than my French!

AstridJMF

Original Poster
Thank you
Be aware that you're looking for the *Disney* reservation number to link to your MDE profile. The Expedia confirmation number is simply an internal Expedia company number. I know that Orbitz puts the Disney reservation number and a link to MDE right in their confirmation email (though it's buried about halfway down the long email). I do not know how Expedia relays that info to the Guest.

Lastly, once you get the number, you may need to wait 24-28 hours after the time you made the reservation for Expedia to get all of your info to Disney before you can successfully link the reservation.

-Rob
Thank you Bob!
I phoned expedia and they gave me my reservation room number :1 letter+9 figures but it doesnt work :( :( :( I think I'd have to phone WDW but damn in english it would be so hard, afraid I have to say... Never thought it was stressful to book to Disneyworld :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom