Any benefits to calling in reservations?

UrbaneTurtle

Original Poster
I'm considering a December trip and I'm wondering if there are benefits to calling for a reservation rather than using the online system.

It looks like I might need to do a split stay between a deluxe and a value because the Friday/Saturday is sold out for most of the hotels. I'm seeing that one resort has a room available from Friday to Tuesday, which is my full trip, but when I go for Friday-Sunday that room isn't listed. Is this so they can try to get more money for the room? Is there any chance that calling will prove more flexible and I could snag that room for two nights? I wouldn't ask, but I'm not ready to commit to a reservation because I'm not yet sure if I can swing the dates. Hopefully this Q made sense!

Minnie's BFF

As the previous poster said, it can't hurt to call. However, I had the opposite experience. I called to try to add a night to the beginning of our upcoming November stay, which we had booked as a bounceback. I was hoping to get the bounceback rate. The CM said there was no availability for that night. Okay, I understood that there may not have been availability at the bounceback rate, but I said that I could see availability for that night via their website. I asked if she could just go ahead and book that night for me as a separate reservation. She still said she was not seeing any availability. So I hung up and booked it online myself via the Disney website.

FrostyNaples

The last time i called in, they did nothing different that self service online couldn't accomplish.

As a matter of fact, after 45 minutes of them having computer issues, and messing up the details, i hung up, and completed it online in less than 5 minutes...

I don't put too much stock in phone support, even when trying to add celebrations or notes to the account, more than 50% of the time the notes never took upon arrival.

officialtom

I'm glad I called recently. Why? Because I booked Play, Stay and Dine online at POR, but then noticed that OKW rates were actually not a whole lot more expensive. So, I called, and the wonderful CM confirmed the OKW package price for me, but even better than what I'd seen online. Apparently, for POR, I had somehow booked the American Play, Stay and Dine offer online, despite my MDE account showing my Canadian address. The Canadian Play, Stay and Dine deal saved me another $200! I guess Disney must be trying to entice more Canadians to travel since our dollar is so low right now and a lot of people are choosing staycations over vacations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom