DCL Fantasy - Guest Services on day 1 - Questions

Diva120

Original Poster
Hi All, so - I am obsessing over my 3rd DCL cruise (2nd time on the Fantasy) - 7 nt Eastern Caribbean. Besides going to Guest Services on day 1 to request our dining seat to be just our family....what should I ask them in addition? I've read that there is a free Tea with Alice, or Princess bfast? I'm also seeing that I should ask about Character meets?

What else should I be on the proverbial look out for from Guest Services?

I think in the past, we were always rushing to get DD into the kids club and bypassed this portion.

Bolna

I think Princess Gathering and Frozen M&G are what you can sign up for at guest services (or Port Adventures, see Navigator for this). I think some cruises also have a breakfast with Disney Junior characters.

If you want to request a table for just your family, don't wait until you are on the ship. You can do that beforehand by calling DCL and have the request added to your reservation (or ask your travel agent to call DCL for this). Once you are on the ship, there will be a place designated for dining changes. It is not handled at guest services. The place and time will be on the first page of the Navigator for the first day.

Diva120

Original Poster
Thanks Bolna! I'm calling the dining in right now. I have the park visits down pat, but the cruises still shake me, LOL!

NelleBelle

I'm also seeing that I should ask about Character meets?
We were so overwhelmed on our first cruise last year that we didn't do any character meet 'n' greets; can you get tickets for all of the meets ahead of time or do you have to go down everyday and get the tickets? Would someone be so kind to clue this character newbie in on how best to go about all this? I am DETERMINED to get as many pictures on board as I can to make getting a Shutters CD worth it this year :D

MotherofaPrincessLover

We were so overwhelmed on our first cruise last year that we didn't do any character meet 'n' greets; can you get tickets for all of the meets ahead of time or do you have to go down everyday and get the tickets? Would someone be so kind to clue this character newbie in on how best to go about all this? I am DETERMINED to get as many pictures on board as I can to make getting a Shutters CD worth it this year :D
The Princess Gathering and the Frozen meet and greet are the only ones that tickets are distributed to at Guest Services. The other meet and greets just have the standard lines to wait in.

Wendy Pleakley

I heard there might be some ship tours, such as a galley tour, that aren't advertised. Maybe look into something like that. Just a rumour though, I can't say for sure.

Pay attention to your meal schedule ticket, it should indicate the one character breakfast you are scheduled for. I found a lot of people missed this detail on one of the cruises I went on.

NelleBelle

Pay attention to your meal schedule ticket, it should indicate the one character breakfast you are scheduled for. I found a lot of people missed this detail on one of the cruises I went on.

Totally missed this one as well and I looked at the schedule on my key card!! How was is designated as a character breakfast? Or even as a breakfast for that matter?? I have to say, I'm impressed at how much I don't know!! :bookworm::bookworm:

NelleBelle

The Princess Gathering and the Frozen meet and greet are the only ones that tickets are distributed to at Guest Services. The other meet and greets just have the standard lines to wait in
So on Pirate Night, when my family was dressed up so awesome (and it took an entire suitcase to pack my hoop skirt for my dress) I could've had a picture with Jack Sparrow (had I been willing to stand in that line)?? Boy, did I miss out on a lot of character pics I don't have in my "collection" because I thought we had to have tickets for all of them:arghh:

JaxFLBear

Totally missed this one as well and I looked at the schedule on my key card!! How was is designated as a character breakfast? Or even as a breakfast for that matter?? I have to say, I'm impressed at how much I don't know!!
Typically, the character breakfast is only on 7-night (and longer) cruises on the Magic & Wonder.

The main dining rooms on the Dream/Fantasy seat too many people to do a character breakfast efficiently.

NelleBelle

Typically, the character breakfast is only on 7-night (and longer) cruises on the Magic & Wonder.

The main dining rooms on the Dream/Fantasy seat too many people to do a character breakfast efficiently.
Ahhh, we were on the Fantasy. Totally makes sense that the bigger ships wouldn't be able to accommodate. Thanks for clearing that up!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom