1 day at Disney

I have already started planning for our fourth disney trip in May. But as the plan looks with everything else we will only get 1 DAY at disney. So that gave me an idea for a question, if you only had one day at disney for the first time in two years what would your plan be?

SAV

My plan would be to spend time to figure out how to get more than 1 day at Disney.

If I couldn't get more than one day, I get Park Hoppers and do all 4 parks in that one day. I've done it before and it was fun.

Upvote 0

Zipadeelady

This happened to us last year when it was just my husband and I. We chose to go only to MK. We didn't want to rush so we took it slow, rode every ride we wanted to, shared a lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern, got some more FP at the kiosk. It was a great day. My husband is not the Disney nut that I am and since we weren't able to go back and relax midday at a resort we decided to take a break after the FOF parade and hop on the monorail and ride to the Poly. We sat at Tambu Lounge for an hour or so just people watching. He had a beer I had the Lapu Lapu :inlove:. (My avatar pic is after our break,I was still feeling the Lapu Lapu). We then headed back after he was refreshed and stayed until I got to see Wishes. It was a great day. (i did make a trip report of our day, I believe its attached to my signature line if you feel like taking a look)

Upvote 0

French Quarter

This happened to us last year when it was just my husband and I. We chose to go only to MK. We didn't want to rush so we took it slow, rode every ride we wanted to, shared a lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern, got some more FP at the kiosk. It was a great day. My husband is not the Disney nut that I am and since we weren't able to go back and relax midday at a resort we decided to take a break after the FOF parade and hop on the monorail and ride to the Poly. We sat at Tambu Lounge for an hour or so just people watching. He had a beer I had the Lapu Lapu :inlove:. (My avatar pic is after our break,I was still feeling the Lapu Lapu). We then headed back after he was refreshed and stayed until I got to see Wishes. It was a great day. (i did make a trip report of our day, I believe its attached to my signature line if you feel like taking a look)

Sounds like a perfect day!

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

If it were my family, we would spend the entire day at the Magic Kingdom. We'd do almost every attraction, have breakfast at Be Our Guest (pre-opening, so we can be in line for 7DMT when the park opens), lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern (just like @Zipitidoda -- I like your style!), and dinner at 'Ohana, then back to the park for Wishes.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbell 2000

Original Poster
This is our curent plan I feel like I am missing important things though. You can make sugest ons to add to it or talk about how you would do it if it was you or change the order to hit things when they are less busy.
(ps. My brother and I do ot like roller costers at all)

Disney in one day

6 am: Wake up
6:30 am to 7:30 am: Breakfast at Garden Grove
8 am: Magic Kingdom
11 am: Head to Hollywood Studios
11:30 am to 12:15 pm: Lunch at Starring Roles Café or ABC Commissary
3:30 pm: Head back to hotel to change and get ready for dinner
5 pm: Head to Epcot
6:30 pm: Dinner at either Tutto Italia Ristorante or Spice Road Table
9 pm: Fireworks at Epcot
10:00 pm: Wishes at Magic Kingdom
11:30 pm: Back to hotel

Must See/Do

Magic Kingdom: Tinkerbell meet and greet, Pirates of the Caribbean, Pin trading, Dumbo, Buzz Lightyear Ride, Monsters Inc laugh floor, Stiches Great Escape, Swiss Family Treehouse, Price Charming’s Regal Carrousel, Mad Tea Party.

Hollywood Studios: Toy Story Mania, Star Tours, Muppet Vision 3D, Sunset Ranch Pins and Souvenirs, Animation Courtyard.

Epcot: The Tea Cady, Gran Fiesta Tour, Journey into Imagination, Soarin, Finding Nemo, Aquarium, Epcot Character Spot.

Upvote 0

midnightsun

This is our curent plan I feel like I am missing important things though. You can make sugest ons to add to it or talk about how you would do it if it was you or change the order to hit things when they are less busy.
(ps. My brother and I do ot like roller costers at all)

Looking at your list, I think it's doable if you guys are able to be on the move the whole time. Most of the things you must-do at Magic Kingdom shouldn't have too long of lines that early in the morning (from my experience with going in May a few times). Be prepared to spend a lot of your time in line for Toy Story Mania - unless you can get a fastpass in that time frame. Same with Soarin'.

Me personally, if I only had one day at Disney, I would hit my top 2 favorite rides in each park, spending time in between to relax and just take in the sounds and smells. :joyfull:

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

With one day....I wouldnt waste time going to other parks. So much time taken up with traveling, bag checks, not knowing what crowds I'd be encountering once I'm in.... I'd want to get as much enjoyment in with the time I had. So it would be Magic Kingdom all day and do as much as I could until it was time to leave. You can have a great one day at MK.

Upvote 0

KaliSplash

Tthe problem with all 4 parks in a day is the amount of time you lose in traveling between parks, no matter whether you drive your self or use Disney transport. I'd go with Magic Kingdom. More attractions that anywhere else. Period. Second choice is Epcot. A very good choice but one that is likely to close before the Magic Kingdomin May.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom