The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

FutureCEO

they are going to price themselves out of the majority of the worldwide visitors.. :/

and domestic ones too. But I think that's the point, the parks are so pack that there really isn't much room to handle new crowds especially at the Magic Kingdom.

Unless I use my parents or uncle's DVC points....I'm out for the foreseeable future. I rather spend thousands on a European vacation than a Disney one. Price increases don't affect me but...

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Also, @Gabe1, pop will be going 3 times a week to rehab for a month, I think mom said.
I can't remember, is that similar to what your pop had to do...?

My Dad was in the hospitals rehab floor, mostly with stroke patients. They were not really sure what his issue was as he was very combative to therapy or any instructions other than with the doctor that was on the floor. He knew the man. My Dad had had a construction contract for many years with that hospital and he and my Dad worked out at the same health center so it was a strange co-dependant relationship that actually hindered all from getting to the bottom of the issues. Ultimately the Doc removed himself from my Dad while he was on the floor but that took a long while.

When my Dad had a hip replacement he was in a private rehab center for almost 2 months. We saw the same patterns redevelop but he had his primary Doc con'd for quite some time. Ultimately they changed his meds only after my Mom and I ordered a philological exam through the center. Again the primary got in the way. We saw changes in his care but could not get details because the primary got my Dad to sign a confidentiality gag order and we could not see the physiological results only the primary and my Dad. My Sis the attorney thinks the Doc did it to cover his own tushie. Likely correct.

There have been 3 instances again where they've put my Dad under, the last two the Primary has finally seen the pattern we did five years ago with the narcotics and anesthesia something dramatically changes with my Dads behavior. With his heart issues this time the Doc didn't play into my Dads mind games while he was under the influence. Amen. Within 4 hours this time instead of them pumping drugs into him on his demand for pain his body cleared from the anesthesia and he was back to normal. Sometimes these Docs should really at least consider what the family is seeing and saying.

Now at the beginning of this story I mentioned the Doc my Dad knew from his business contract. My Dad has been having some strange skin allergic reactions. Only to find this Doc that isn't a Doc of record to my Dad has still been refilling prescription ointment medicines to my Dad at the rec center that was in conflict with other meds. Oy. Of course my Dad wasn't fessing up cause he wanted the Doc to continue to give him refills. :eek: :banghead: :facepalm:

So your Pops rehab is likely the norm over my Dads. :happy:

brb1006

Happy Monday Y'all.Only 24 Days until national cat day so here is a pic of one of the little angels we are cat sitting for a week.Apparently this is comfy :confused:
View attachment 113430
I'm still waiting for Disney to do something special for "National Cat Day" or "International Cat Day" someday where WDW and Disneyland can bring out various cat characters to do meet and greets for one day.

Gabe1

So for those that started visiting this year's Food and Wine Festival at Epcot. Any interesting reports of drunk visitors at least near the level of drunkenness that Uncle Waldo had in The Aristocats?

Food and Wine has changed a great deal from the early years of the festival. I was there for the first and it was really charming. Loved it. While I love the greater food offerings over the early years it has turned into an opportunity for a drunk fest especially over the weekends.
I'd say the vast majority of guests are not drunk however even a small percentage of drunks wandering the showcase really changes the experience for all, and I mean those that have really been overserved.

Gabe1

I'm still waiting for Disney to do something special for "National Cat Day" or "International Cat Day" someday where WDW and Disneyland can bring out various cat characters to do meet and greets for one day.

You can hope. Still the trend is not for the old films as much, they are saved for rare event opportunities for the most part especially if they are not classics like Mary Poppins. Disney tends for decades now to capitalize on the current favorites of children. Toy Story, Frozen and back in the day of my son 20 some years ago Teenage Mutant Turtles. Muppets were really popular with kids when my DD was young and until this fall they were a dying franchise. If this was to actually happen I think it might have at Disneyland with their embracing their Feral Cat population in the park.

Gabe1

That's great, and really good planning. We didn't think that far ahead, except for buying into DVC, that has saved us thousands over the years, even with the annual dues. Hubby has a really big spread sheet, on what we have saved on meals, etc. over the years. We always bought the GS a gift at the end of our trip, it was fun for them and us to watch them select their item. The fact that we bought in with an inheritance, made us take the leap. Now, that we are older it's nice to go back to a place familiar, and with the magical express we don't worry about transportation. I like having not to worry about anything in Disney. If a park gets crowded we go somewhere else. We do the parks, as I've said many times with the kids and Grandkids, in the morning . After lunch, we part and do our own things. Wonderful trip for all. In the next few years, we plan to go only into Epcot for a day or two. Stroll around the lake look at the rose garden, sit on a bench, ( if they still have them) and relax. If there are no bench's in Epcot then we will sit outside of the Beach club and enjoy our time there. The parks are getting too expensive for us. And since I'm not into Star Wars(hide under a rock) ;), I (loved Star Trek), back in the day we won't be doing Hollywood Studios. I love animal Kingdom, but it can be too hot in June . Magic Kingdom is almost too dangerous for me, as I can't walk straight or hear out of my left ear. I got slammed in the side by a really big girl in June, and she kept on going. If hubby and DD weren't near I would have went splat on the ground. I'm just stating facts here, not complaining...it's my personal issues of health and age. As, you get older you accept that some times you can't do what you did when younger. But, I have a new plan in place....ride the monorail or bus to the hotels, enjoy sitting beside the pools, or inside, especially the Poly as I love Hawaiian music. We spent many weeks in Hawaii and it brings back wonderful memories. So , my love of Disney goes on even with the price increases. We will do different things, and enjoy them all, as Disney always says "Welcome Home", and we do feel welcome. :joyfull:

I'm in my 5th decade of Disney Parks. My Mom took me to Disneyland many a time when I was tiny, my first trip before I was two. We flopped over to WDW when it was created and my Honeymoon was at Disneyland, like going home again for me. My kids grew up Disney with long trips at least once a year and my DS first employment with Disney through the college program. But it has become out of reach for many and that is sad. I could not do with my children what we had done with the hotel, ticket and food prices. No way could we pull off 14-16 day trips at the cost of a QS meal for 4 once or twice a year at the price increases the last decade. Post the 9/11 drop in attendance the increases are crazy fueled by the foreign favorable dollar exchange.

I am curious to see how the flop on the dollar will impact the foreign travel into WDW over the next couple years. Being now into my AARP years there are things I avoid. Not that I don't like them more some attractions just are worth the aftermath. Space amountain, StarTours, Rock'n. Mission is never going to happen again. Star Tours I pick out spot on floor and stare. I go with the family but I can't take the experience so staring at the spot on the floor for the few minutes works. I too spend more time taking in the smaller things when I am solo. When I am with my kids I tend to still power through the parks. We are not all that far apart in age and I understand what you are saying. We adjust and still have a wonderful time.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I'm in my 5th decade of Disney Parks. My Mom took me to Disneyland many a time when I was tiny, my first trip before I was two. We flopped over to WDW when it was created and my Honeymoon was at Disneyland, like going home again for me. My kids grew up Disney with long trips at least once a year and my DS first employment with Disney through the college program. But it has become out of reach for many and that is sad. I could not do with my children what we had done with the hotel, ticket and food prices. No way could we pull off 14-16 day trips at the cost of a QS meal for 4 once or twice a year at the price increases the last decade. Post the 9/11 drop in attendance the increases are crazy fueled by the foreign favorable dollar exchange.

I am curious to see how the flop on the dollar will impact the foreign travel into WDW over the next couple years. Being now into my AARP years there are things I avoid. Not that I don't like them more some attractions just are worth the aftermath. Space amountain, StarTours, Rock'n. Mission is never going to happen again. Star Tours I pick out spot on floor and stare. I go with the family but I can't take the experience so staring at the spot on the floor for the few minutes works. I too spend more time taking in the smaller things when I am solo. When I am with my kids I tend to still power through the parks. We are not all that far apart in age and I understand what you are saying. We adjust and still have a wonderful time.
Even in the relatively short timescale we have been visiting the world we have seen our touring styles change also.gone are the days of here there and everywhere and although we still do a lot we do it at a far more relaxed and spontenatios (?) Pace.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom