Can off property friends visit us at our Disney Resort?

Just_Karma

Original Poster
We have planned vacation to a Disney Deluxe Resort Hotel. However during our vacation we have some friends who are also in the Orlando area who are staying off property.

As we have a young family it would be easier for us to meet and spend some time with our friends at our Disney property.

1. Is it possible to invite our off property friends to visit us at our Disney Deluxe Resort Hotel?

2. Will they be able/allowed to park at the resort or indeed make it through the security point?

3. Are they able to spend some time with us at the pool as our guests?

Any input much appreciate.

Scooter

I'm sure they will be able to visit you at your resort. Make sure you inform the desk clerks(s) so they can notify security guards when they are coming. You can shop and dine with them in your resort but I'm not sure about letting them use your resort pool. It's probably ok but again I would check with the front desk and make sure. Some of the resorts have pretty strict rules about non-resort guests in their pools.

Polydweller

I'm sure they will be able to visit you at your resort. Make sure you inform the desk clerks(s) so they can notify security guards when they are coming. You can shop and dine with them in your resort but I'm not sure about letting them use your resort pool. It's probably ok but again I would check with the front desk and make sure. Some of the resorts have pretty strict rules about non-resort guests in their pools.
The pools are only for the resort guests not people visiting in most cases. They can ask the lifeguards who might allow it. Asking the front desk won't do much good, the lifeguards have control of the pool and even management can't override their decision. Pool operation and safety is solely the lifeguards responsibility and no one is allowed to do anything that might compromise safety including overriding their decisions.

French Quarter

The pools are only for the resort guests not people visiting in most cases. They can ask the lifeguards who might allow it. Asking the front desk won't do much good, the lifeguards have control of the pool and even management can't override their decision. Pool operation and safety is solely the lifeguards responsibility and no one is allowed to do anything that might compromise safety including overriding their decisions.

However, there are pools without gates and without lifeguards.

French Quarter

That doesn't change the rule that the pools are for the use of those guests staying at that resort only. Not for friends or family members who are just dropping by.

Yes. I understand the rule. I was just pointing out that it is one that is seldom enforced or even enforceable at most of the resorts.

WhatJaneSays

Generally it’s not a problem … but there are some caveats that tend to impact the deluxe resorts.

It is really going to depend on the time of year and/or if there are events going on. If you’re staying at one of the monorail resorts and they want to visit the week of Christmas to New Year’s it’s 50/50 they will be turned away even if you arranged it prior, unless they are on some kind of restaurant reservation at that resort. If there is major convention or event going on at that resort they might also get turned away (this happens most often at Contemporary or Boardwalk).

95% of the time it’s a non-issue but there are a handful of times a year that unless you are registered at that resort for something they will not let you in.

matt9112

just dont tell anybody?

French Quarter

My point was that I'm not sure that it is actually a rule that visitors visiting registered at a resort can't join them in the pool area. It very well may be but I have never seen it posted anywhere at the resort or pool area.

EOD K9

Of course its always easier to ask forgiveness than permission. However, it would be embarrassing if you all went to the pool ready to swim and the lifeguard said no. Hanging in the room is one thing, using facilities that paying guests use, makes it worse for the paying guests. That would be akin to friends using the free laundry at a DVC hotel yet I cant use it because they, as not paying guests, are using the machines.

EOD K9

My point was that I'm not sure that it is actually a rule that visitors visiting registered at a resort can't join them in the pool area. It very well may be but I have never seen it posted anywhere at the resort or pool area.
I agree with what you are saying about not being posted, but if Disney doesn't even want resort guests to pool hop, I dont think that they would want non paying guests to use their facilities.

French Quarter

Of course its always easier to ask forgiveness than permission. However, it would be embarrassing if you all went to the pool ready to swim and the lifeguard said no. Hanging in the room is one thing, using facilities that paying guests use, makes it worse for the paying guests. That would be akin to friends using the free laundry at a DVC hotel yet I cant use it because they, as not paying guests, are using the machines.

I'm not disagreeing with you, honestly. I'm just wondering where this rule is written or if anyone has actually confirmed this rule or if people are just assuming? At many pools, there is no sign, no lifeguard, no gate. It is not unheard of in other hotels for those visiting paying guests to be allowed to use the facilities along with them. I just can't see why Disney would care if you had your guests swim with you at one of the smaller pools at POR in the middle of the day, for instance.

I agree with what you are saying about not being posted, but if Disney doesn't even want resort guests to pool hop, I dont think that they would want non paying guests to use their facilities.

I don't see poolhopping to be the same as this. With poolhopping, no one is actually registered at the resort. And it could lead to the most popular/themed pools to be mobbed.

Again, I'm not saying you're wrong. Maybe this is a rule. But how do you know?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom