The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

Same thing happened to me, so I didn't donate for a number of years. Then I tried it again and everything went very smoothly and have been a double donor for a number of years and have done multiple gallons.
Can't now because of a cancer diagnosis, but, when that clears up I will be at it again.

Give it another try, if you still have the same problem then don't do it again. It is something that is easy for us to do and helps a lot of people survive. Worth the hassle.
That is a very nice thing you are doing. Kudos to you!

betty rose

I know. It's horrible. I'm so glad Belle refuses to go outside. She's in no danger. It's horrible to want to hurt an animal especially one that could be some one's companion animal.
I don't get anyone wanting to hurt any kind of animals, just not in my mind to do such a horrible thing. I'm not fond of snakes or lizards, but I wouldn't harm them, they have a place in this world design.

betty rose

Your collection is nothing to be ashamed of, everyone is entitled to their own hobbies as long as it doesn't hurt anyone. I don't really care what people think about my Disney obsession and collection anymore, I let my freak flag fly high.
Good for you, as I said earlier, I have a 5 foot doggie , I named him Lucky. See, I name my inanimate objects! Call me crazy!:D:rolleyes:

Goofyernmost

Don't forget the animals, two by two , you know.:p
There are a few that I am going to leave behind, like it or not. I'm planning to only worry about beef, pork and poultry related animals. All the rest are just food for other animals which aren't coming with me anyway. Ok, maybe kittens and puppies, but, I draw the line there. Snakes will be a thing of the past. ;)

betty rose

There are a few that I am going to leave behind, like it or not. I'm planning to only worry about beef, pork and poultry related animals. All the rest are just food for other animals which aren't coming with me anyway. Ok, maybe kittens and puppies, but, I draw the line there. Snakes will be a thing of the past. ;)
Great idea, snakes give me the willies. Yuck!

Cesar R M

Yes it is. A former student of mine was just in the paper and cited with torture of animals (multiple animals). He even lied about doing it but the police investigation found out the truth. The torturer only got a few months probation...:mad:. That would deter him either, he has been doing this for years. This kid (now "man") was really scary when we had him in school, a true sociopath but his parents just played it off as a young boys will be boys thing until he hurt a member of the family. There was a social worker watching the family but nothing every happened. Then they basically disowned him, didn't get him treatment or anything just kicked him out (over 18) to continue dangerous behavior.

I think people who torture animals and children should have a special place reserved for them in the afterlife and get the same treatment they employed on others done for an eternity.....
ironically.. these excuses of "boys will be boys" makes it worse on kids like that.
because they will make themselves feel untouchable.. will lead to increase on his socio-path tendencies.. And they will later convert into full blown murderers/sadists.

Worst parts? these kids are mostly amazingly smart. They know how to use their parent's protectiveness for their own good.

Cesar R M

I really like the bus, now!;) No more Tables of Wonderland for us, it doesn't make economic sense. We don't do many TS restaurants. I like the breakfast at the hotel, so I'm good to go. Now, I have to convince the kids that we are going to bow out of TS for breakfast, after this year. We bought our pass a couple month's ago. I wonder if they will honor it?
Seems like they are killing pretty much every single attempt of "savings" you had.
Even DCL just changed their alcohol permissions. Which will be a dealkiller for many who seen the savings.

betty rose

ironically.. these excuses of "boys will be boys" makes it worse on kids like that.
because they will make themselves feel untouchable.. will lead to increase on his socio-path tendencies.. And they will later convert into full blown murderers/sadists.

Worst parts? these kids are mostly amazingly smart. They know how to use their parent's protectiveness for their own good.
I agree with your afterlife scenario .

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

I'm afraid one day I will read in the paper that he has murdered someone. I really hope I don't read it though.

donaldtoo

Looks like pop will finally be getting out of the hospital tomorrow. For some reason, they were having a difficult time gettin' his BP dialed down...probably 'cause he hates bein' in the hospital. :rolleyes: ;)

Anyway, we went to The Salt Lick in Driftwood, Texas (been featured on TV food shows a few times), and then to a couple of Central Texas wineries this afternoon to celebrate DS 23rd birthday (which is actually on Wednesday). All of our kiddos and SonIL. Another great time...! :happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom