Best Resort for the Money

Kman

Hello everyone,

I am at the very beginning stages of planning for our trip next summer, which means I'm pricing various resorts. I'll probably book in December or January. I'd like to know everyone's opinions on what hotel (ON property only) that you think is the best for the money.

We like to stay at different resorts each trip and so far we've been to, in order of favorite to least favorite, Saratoga Springs, Boardwalk, PO-Riverside, and Pop Century. There are 6 of us so we get two rooms, unless there is an affordable suite. (Two rooms are cheaper than suites anyway. My kids are older so they don't have to be in the same room as us.)

What do y'all think? I'm leaning towards PO-French Quarter and maybe AA, but to be honest, I just can't get passed the décor of AA - too busy! (Is it just me that thinks that?)

Have you ever looked at the cabins at FW? They sleep six and have a full kitchen not to mention FW is one of the best resorts on property! Another bonus is that they are currently redoing them (saw it this summer while staying there). Might be worth a look.

Mouse_Trap

I know you said on-site, but if cost is an issue I think you should consider off-site.

You'd could save a fortune. Either have the equivalent of a deluxe hotel for less than the price of a Disney value motel; or have a cheaper motel and really save.
Pick carefully and the parks can be reached quicker than from the on-site motels.

Matt_Black

In terms of best resort to save money then All Star Music was great! There were four of us sharing a family suite and it was actually a nice surprise vs what I was expecting.

If I had to stay at an All-Star again, Music is probably the one I'd pick.

DisneyJunkie

I also have to go with Wilderness Lodge. The other MK-area resorts considered "deluxe" are pricier, I believe, simply because they have the monorail going to/through it. Don't get me wrong, it's a terrific convenience, and they're nice resorts, but the price difference between them and the nearby WL are fairly significant. There's also a very warm, homey, secluded feeling to a stay at WL......while at the same time being right in the middle of things and very close to the Magic Kingdom (a major perk for us).

DfromATX

Original Poster
Have you ever looked at the cabins at FW? They sleep six and have a full kitchen not to mention FW is one of the best resorts on property! Another bonus is that they are currently redoing them (saw it this summer while staying there). Might be worth a look.

How far are they from the parks? I think I've read good things about that property as well.

JTT

If you can afford the Wilderness Lodge. Go for it! It's awesome.
Port Orleans French Quarter is my favorite Mod. Great themed, small, quiet resort. Easy to get to the restaurants, busses & shopping.

ryguy

I think the Caribbean Beach and Coronado are pretty good bang for your buck. Both properties rooms have just been renovated. Coronado has a great pool area and CBR isn't bad either. Only negative to Coronado is the food court, but maybe that was just me and my taste preferences. Both pools have slides, where Art of Animation does not.

Wilderness Lodge has construction going on for the next year so I would avoid it.

Have fun planning!!

UofMGuy423

Wilderness Lodge here as well. We like POR too, but really prefer having a balcony. Wilderness will have some construction going on that starts next month and continues through 2016, so keep that in mind if that's an issue for you. I think it's more of an impact on the DVC villas than the main lodge. if you get a pool view room then I think it's okay as the construction is along part of the lake

DrummerAlly

Animal Kingdom Lodge. Every trip, its been a bit cheaper than WL and we like it better than any resort we've stayed at it, including the Yacht Club. It's got all of the amenities and tons of ambiance!

DisneyFans4Life

My wife and I stated at POR for 8 nights back in June and were very happy with the resort overall. I thought the pool was great, it had nice shops and the food court was convenient and offered a nice variety of food. Our only complaint was Disney Transportation. There are quite a few "stops" you have to make before you actually leave the property of the resort, so after the first couple of days, we eneded up just driving our own car.

Now, as far as price goes...we booked using the CM discount...so we had a really good price. I wouldn't think twice about paying regular price and staying there again though.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
The location of the Swan and Dolphin can't be beat and the prices are usually pretty reasonable as well. You do however miss out on the "Disney Experience" in my mind. Theming being the largest miss, but also the Dining Plan, magic bands/RIFD entry etc.

POLY LOVER

Beach Club is my favorite resort. Love the closeness to Epcot and the pool is wonderful. Boardwalk is my back up but the pool freaks me out a little.
I think the Wilderness is a good deal, I seem to get some good deals on occasion. I love the Poly but you never seem to get great rates there.

NonnaT

If your sole consideration is bang for your buck, you simply cannot beat the Swan & Dolphin. It is a deluxe hotel in every sense of the word (albeit not crazy Disney themed), and it will cost you in the range of what you would otherwise pay for a Disney moderate.
Thought OP said "ON" property? S and D lack all the WDW property amenities, which is probably why they're cheaper in price point. Both lovely hotels, though.

JusticeDisney

Thought OP said "ON" property? S and D lack all the WDW property amenities, which is probably why they're cheaper in price point. Both lovely hotels, though.
Ummmm, not sure what you're talking about, but the SD are most certainly on property.

And as for Disney amenities, all that SD are missing is DDP and DME. Hardly deal breakers for a lot of people.

slipperalwaysfits

It looks like you like the moderates so I hope you enjoy wherever you pick for your family. But if you do want to save money, I recommend the All-Stars. Yes, the rooms are a little small, but if you're getting two anyway, it shouldn't be a problem. Since you're getting two rooms, you can save some money at the All-Stars! I really don't have any complaints about the All-Stars, though we pretty much just use the room to sleep.

tigger1968

I'll toss in another vote for AKL. It always seems to come out cheaper than the other deluxes and the resort is absolutely amazing. I think it is a great value. I've stayed there four times now and can't wait to get back.

If you decide to step down to a moderate I really enjoy POR. Quiet and beautiful grounds.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom