• October 4, 2015: Premium $829, Regular $749
  • February 22, 2015: Premium $779, Regular $654
  • February 23, 2014: Premium $754, Regular $634
  • June 1, 2013: Premium $729, Regular $609
  • June 1, 2012: Premium $699, Regular $574
  • June 10, 2011: Premium $649, Regular $519

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Good Disney merch, got me to spend some money, was the Attractionistas. My kid adored them, and they are unique and well produced. Overpriced, but everything at Disney is... That said, I didn't mind buying them for her (and an extra for her sister as a gift)...

But, overall, the merch was boring to my kid...and boring to me. Same old same old. But, you know when even a 10 year old isn't running around World of Disney shrieking in excitement, you are doing something wrong.

Figments Friend

The money grabbing, robbing barstools. I know MyMagic minus was a financial disaster compared to the original plan but really?

See ya, WDW. That's my tipping point. A $300 increase in 5 years. You've lost the magic. You're now just a corporate money grabbing machine.

Come to the West Coast, Martin!
Come to Disneyland!

I left WDW behind two years ago and I'm loving the red carpet royal treatment I'm getting in California.
Definitely more return on your investment out at 'Walts Park'....despite the upcoming changes.
:)

-

englanddg

One Little Spark...
No. "Charter Members" are a class of people who bought APs during a period a long time ago. They get a reduced cost for renewals for as long as they keep renewing, but I think if they miss a renewal they're done [not sure about that last part, perhaps @WDW1974 can provide more detail].

If you are someone who routinely buys Memory Maker when you go, chances are these changes are a significant value for you. I think AP holders who actually do so are in a minority [I have no empirical evidence, just a guess].

I suspect you'll get the old AP without PP/MM added. Your voucher can be activated any time for forever, maybe they'll see it as a loss leader to just give you the new type pass, but I think it'll come down to whether they think having two different pass types to manage in their ticketing system is worth it or not.
I traditionally haven't gotten MM. I did this past trip because the numbers work, and I want those on ride photos.

That said, I stretched my MM over two trips (with the Fantasy in the middle, where I didn't buy Shutters, cause Shutters is still a rip off)...and I feel I got some great on ride pictures from it. In park? Meh...didn't get anything. The photographers are largely imaginary unless they shove themselves upon you (like at Typhoon where they haunt the slide exits), and the main shot locations grab lines and they steal the best angles.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Non-Resident Annual Pass increases:
  • October 4, 2015: Premium $829, Regular $749
  • February 22, 2015: Premium $779, Regular $654
  • February 23, 2014: Premium $754, Regular $634
  • June 1, 2013: Premium $729, Regular $609
  • June 1, 2012: Premium $699, Regular $574
  • June 10, 2011: Premium $649, Regular $519
August 5th 2010: regular $499. $250 increase in 5 years, or rather an increase of 50%. FIFTY PERCENT.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Come to the West Coast, Martin!
Come to Disneyland!

I left WDW behind two years ago and I'm loving the red carpet royal treatment I'm getting in California.
Definitely more return on your investment out at 'Walts Park'....despite the upcoming changes.

-
We will in a few years. We've a cruise and DLP first, and were seriously looking at Tokyo again. Where you get value for money and they don't charge extortionate prices.

JohnD

I disagree. I think they want more locals to go gold and silver. They don't want them on site for the peak days taking up space that out of town guests could be. Those guests spend a lot more money.

I think you're still making my case. I'm already a FR seasonal pass holder who lives 4 hours away. The comparable pass for me is the silver.

But if you're a current regular AP holder, with no blockouts and no PP (old passes never had this to begin with), you're now being steered into the Platinum with no blockouts whether you want PP or not. The reason for being a regular AP holder is the ability to go when you want. But there is no option for no blockouts and no PP.

JohnD

No. "Charter Members" are a class of people who bought APs during a period a long time ago. They get a reduced cost for renewals for as long as they keep renewing, but I think if they miss a renewal they're done [not sure about that last part, perhaps @WDW1974 can provide more detail].

If you are someone who routinely buys Memory Maker when you go, chances are these changes are a significant value for you. I think AP holders who actually do so are in a minority [I have no empirical evidence, just a guess].

I suspect you'll get the old AP without PP/MM added. Your voucher can be activated any time for forever, maybe they'll see it as a loss leader to just give you the new type pass, but I think it'll come down to whether they think having two different pass types to manage in their ticketing system is worth it or not.

Thank you for the correction. I've seen clarification from other posts.

Figments Friend

But....everything is so...small...

From a certain point of view I could see someone perceiving the Disneyland Resort as that when comparing it to WDW.....but the quality and quantity of the various DLR Attractions and Shows are not 'small' in my opinion.

It's not he size of the property that matters...it's what you DO with said size that matters.
;)

Disneyland has a wonderful and unique layout that cannot be matched in theming and overall variety of things to do.
Many of the rides and Attractions are far superior in scope and quality then their 'copies' at WDW.
The overall vibe and general clientele of Guests that visit Disneyland is also a big plus....to me, anyway.

Yes...WDW is expansive and all containing in size....but there sure are a lot of empty gaps underutilized or have been sadly diminished in scope over the years.
Its a matter of personal choice, but I prefer DL over WDW now for several reasons.
It hurts to say that in some respects, having once been such a avid supporter of the property.
I still feel close to it....but I don't visit.
I spend my time on the West Coast now.

-

englanddg

One Little Spark...
If I never paid for Memory Maker nor pay for photos, then it's not a deal.
If you don't have a kid, or don't care about them, then you are correct. I want those pictures. My kid is 11 as of yesterday. She is rapidly growing into a young adult, and I want those memories...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom