The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Happy Sunday! Cold and rainy here, but at least the rain is just going to be on and off today:cautious::rolleyes:. It was bad enough I decided not to finish my entire list yesterday. Life happens. Oh well, I'm going to get them finished toady. At least with the low crowds yesterday I made out very well at the farm market. The heirloom tomatoes were quite cheap, Chinese cabbage and cauliflower were beautiful and priced right, peppers were only 50 cents a pound so when we get home we're all going to be busy chopping. Maybe between everything I got there and at the Library it was a good thing we came home as the car was quite full of goodies. All I felt like doing when we got home was to sit and watch a movie. It seemed like a good idea at the time, so I made some popcorn, and salsa, pulled out the chips and we finally watched Into the Woods. 2 hours I'm not getting back. With the cast maybe I just expect too much. Heading out to finish up my original list and now I also have to get sweats for my ds and my dh has requested I pick him up a couple of flannel shirts as doing so would not be out of my way.:cautious: I'll get them but he won't until Christmas LOL Mini rant over. I think the cold and rain are getting to me. Have a and stay warm

Sounds like you got a great haul at the farmer's market, kind of wish I had gone to ours. I would really like to make some fresh spaghetti sauce today and it would be so much better with fresh tomatoes instead of canned.

I'm glad to know that I wasn't the only one who was disappointed in Into the Woods. We saw it in the theater and hubby liked it but I was severely disappointed.

MOXOMUMD

And I was looking for the deer without my glasses on. :facepalm:

11218691_10153636988382905_4896863243399833825_n.jpg
That's awesome. I saw it right away. :)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Cruelty to any pet animal is sad. :(

Yes it is. A former student of mine was just in the paper and cited with torture of animals (multiple animals). He even lied about doing it but the police investigation found out the truth. The torturer only got a few months probation...:mad:. That would deter him either, he has been doing this for years. This kid (now "man") was really scary when we had him in school, a true sociopath but his parents just played it off as a young boys will be boys thing until he hurt a member of the family. There was a social worker watching the family but nothing every happened. Then they basically disowned him, didn't get him treatment or anything just kicked him out (over 18) to continue dangerous behavior.

I think people who torture animals and children should have a special place reserved for them in the afterlife and get the same treatment they employed on others done for an eternity.....

betty rose

Please let your doctor know. I take it Scott is the nurse or PA? Regardless, your treatment is going to have an effect on your future visits - you will be reluctant to make an appointment in the future. It is sooo important to have a good rapport with your doctor - and that includes any issues you may have with his/her staff. You may not be the only patient who has been having issues - but the doctor can't fix a staff problem unless he knows there is one..
Thank you for your sound advice, I'm going to the Doctor and have an appointment with him, to discuss just this. This practice trains a lot of new people, some are good, and some not so good. I really liked the last staff member, sadly he only stayed a couple month's.

betty rose

We saw a lot of fun stuff at the craft fair but there is only so much we can buy and fit in our house. We (my husband) purchased this cute snowman wall hanging. I don't know where we will put it but it was cute.
View attachment 113319
Very cute, I love getting one new thing each Christmas. DD buys one new Hallmark ornament each year, they have been married 26 years, her tree is starting to fill up. I love checking out her new ornament for the year. Such a nice tradition for them.

betty rose

How frustrating and infuriating! :mad: I totally agree with Mom to tell your doctor about all this - he should know what is going on in his own office. You are his client and he should care about how you are being treated by his staff. I would definitely consider this at least a small mountain, or a very large mole hill. ;)
I forgot to say, this guy is new, and he doesn't seem able to handle the job. The guy I liked, left the practice.:( He was a great shot giver.

betty rose

My dogs have always been good when I've been sick too. I had surgery last year and when I came home my husband carried them over so they good say hello and then put them in the kitchen because he didn't want them laying on top of me and laying on my stiches. They whined and whined until he let them out and they just snuggled by my feet or to the side of me but they were really careful not to jump on me. It was like they knew I'd been hurt and where. Animals are just the best!
My doggies were the same way, they just seem to know. I've got a good story, I may have told it before, forgive me if I did. We moved from Kansas City to Denver. Our doggie, Freddy didn't come with us to pick out our house. We coming close to the new house. Freddy started going crazy, barking and getting really excited. He knew he was close to his new home. Animals are amazing!:inlove:

betty rose

Well I'm glad that it only took two pokes this time to get the blood drawn, but that sounds like pretty rough treatment for the flu shot. It would probably be worth mentioning to your doctor. Maybe take a picture of the bruise too so he can see it. There shouldn't be a large bruise from a shot, perhaps a tiny one (I sometimes get a tiny bruise from the flu shot).

From what I've read of your posts you don't seem like the type of person that exaggerates or makes mountains out of molehills and clearly the treatment at the doctor office is bothering you and not what you are expecting (or deserving). Hopefully he would respect your opinions.
He does, he is a very compassionate person. The reason, I didn't say anything when I was there, was because the office was extremely busy, with the staff running around like crazy. I'm going to mention it to the Doctor, maybe the guy doesn't know how to give a shot properly. Doesn't excuse his behavior. The Doctor has more than one staff member that can give shots. I had never seen him before. I'm going to tell the Doctor, that I don't want him, and tell the Doctor why.

betty rose

That's funny. Actually, in the Once Upon a Time version, Anna evidently gave Hans a black eye after he tried to take over the kingdom again, so your students aren't that far off.:joyfull:

I actually collect the 12 inch Disney princess dolls. I have them on display, Some in my room and some in the basement. I have Cinderella, 2 Ariels (one of them had a leg that got broken. My mom glued it, bat I got a second one. The newer one has her tail on while the older one has a dress on), Jasmine, Mulan, Aurora and Prince Phillip, Belle and the Beast (who can turn into the prince), Elsa, and now Anna. I had stopped collecting them as a teen because I thought it was childish. Now, I enjoy it, so I don't particularly care if others think it's strange. The older I get, the less I care about most people's opinions, especially when it comes to something I enjoy. My dad asked me how old I am when I showed him Anna. I shrugged and said, "She's for display. Who cares?" He shook his head and walked away. :rolleyes:

Anna kicked Prince Phillip off of his stand, so I need to go to the craft store to get more stands.
I collected Boyd's Bears for a long time. I could never resist a teddy bear. Most of them were passed to our Grandsons. I donated the rest, as we downsized to a smaller home. I saw this adorable Big Doggie, at Costco a couple years ago, he is now my new companion. He is almost 5 foot tall. I say, go big or stay at home.:joyfull:

betty rose

Happy Sunday! Cold and rainy here, but at least the rain is just going to be on and off today:cautious::rolleyes:. It was bad enough I decided not to finish my entire list yesterday. Life happens. Oh well, I'm going to get them finished toady. At least with the low crowds yesterday I made out very well at the farm market. The heirloom tomatoes were quite cheap, Chinese cabbage and cauliflower were beautiful and priced right, peppers were only 50 cents a pound so when we get home we're all going to be busy chopping. Maybe between everything I got there and at the Library it was a good thing we came home as the car was quite full of goodies. All I felt like doing when we got home was to sit and watch a movie. It seemed like a good idea at the time, so I made some popcorn, and salsa, pulled out the chips and we finally watched Into the Woods. 2 hours I'm not getting back. With the cast maybe I just expect too much. Heading out to finish up my original list and now I also have to get sweats for my ds and my dh has requested I pick him up a couple of flannel shirts as doing so would not be out of my way.:cautious: I'll get them but he won't until Christmas LOL Mini rant over. I think the cold and rain are getting to me. Have a and stay warm
So sorry for the rain and cold. I know this is coming every year, but I never get used to it.

betty rose

I'm my experience (which is not much). All the nurses I have had try to find whatever they are looking for before poking me with the needle. Apparently my veins to draw blood are hard to find. I have only given blood once and probably never again. Blood came out to slow and I didn't like the needle in me for that long.

Happy breakfast everyone!
I had a class to learn self hypnosis, it's really pretty effect for sitting with a needle in your arm. Once the blood starts to come in, I pretty well relax, because for me the worst is over. Poke, poke!;)

betty rose

Disney parking goes up to $20 and Tables of Wonderland goes up $50....yikes

Though admittedly, $20 for a day is not that bad compared to other places.
I really like the bus, now!;) No more Tables of Wonderland for us, it doesn't make economic sense. We don't do many TS restaurants. I like the breakfast at the hotel, so I'm good to go. Now, I have to convince the kids that we are going to bow out of TS for breakfast, after this year. We bought our pass a couple month's ago. I wonder if they will honor it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom