Annual Pass prices raised (again)

George Lucas on a Bench

Original Poster
http://www.dlandlive.com/news/disne...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Yep, you read that headline correctly!

Disneyland is making an interesting move by raising and restructuring the Annual Passport pricing plan. New purchases of the Premium Passport have been suspended. Since the inception of the annual passport, the Premium Pass has provided guests with 365 day access to the parks and parking. As of October 4, 2015 Disneyland has introduced two new versions to replace the Premium Passport: The Signature and the Signature Plus. The Signature Plus is basically the old premium which has no blackouts, but comes with a significant price increase. While the Signature will allow access to all days with the exception of December 19th through January 2nd, but also received a significant price hike when compared to the pre-increase Premium. The parking add on has also returned to the lower tier Annual Passports after having been eliminated in the 2014 increases.

This Annual Passport hike marks the second admission price increase this year. The raise prior to this one came a mere 8 months ago, and the one before that, 9 months prior. This means Disneyland has seen an Annual Passport ticket price increase twice in less than a year-and-a-half time.

The more amazing factor to consider, nothing has been added to the parks since the last increase in February 2015. In fact, 2016 is going to see major year-long closings of attractions across the west side of Disneyland that includes all of the Rivers of America Attractions and the Disneyland Railroad. The closures are leading up to the beginning construction phases of Star Wars Land.

Disneyland Annual Passport Increases and Changes:

• SoCal Select $329, increased by $30 from $299
    • $19.17 per month, $99 Down Payment (without parking)
    • Blockout dates apply
    • Add parking for $199
  • SoCal Passport $439, increased by $50 from $389
    • Available for Renewals Only
    • Add parking for $199
    • Blockout dates apply
  • Deluxe $599, increased by $50 from $549
    • $41.67 per month, $99 Down Payment (without parking)
    • Add parking for $199
    • Blockout dates apply
  • Premium
    • Suspended from Purchase
  • Signature $849
    • $62.50 per month, $99 Down Payment
    • New Tier
    • Blocked out on from December 19th - January 2nd
    • Includes Parking
    • Premium was previously priced at $779
  • Signature Plus $1049
    • $79.17 per month, $99 Down Payment
    • New Tier
    • Includes Parking
    • 365 Day Access to the Disneyland Resort
    • Premium was previously priced at $779
  • Premier $1439, increased $340 from $1099
    • Admission to Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort parks
    • Includes Parking
    • No Blackout Dates
As of now it appears there will be NO increase in the regular park ticket admission prices.

TP2000

What interesting news to wake up to. Yet not that surprising, although this is a real shake-up of the various tiers with a change in wording and a healthy price bump across the board.

SoCal Select $329, up from $299 (Lotso blockouts!) - Parking $199 extra
SoCal $439, up from $389 (only available for renewals) - Parking $199 extra
Deluxe $599, up from $549 (Christmas and peak weekend blockouts) - Parking $199 extra

Signature $849, an all-new option (Blocked out at Christmas) - Parking included
Signature Plus $1049, up from Premium at $779 (No blockouts) - Parking included
Premiere $1439, up from $1099 - Parking included

Parking has also increased one dollar to $18 per day. But no change in ticket prices appear to have taken place for single-day or multi-day tickets.

Travel Junkie

All I gotta say is ouch. Those that want to go any day of the year are going to really pay for the privilege. I imagine a lot of Premiums switch to Signature when renewal is up.

As I predicted it appears Disney saw a ton of AP's parking in Downtown Disney because we saw 2 things happen:

- The parking option was added back
- DD free parking went from 3 hours to 2. (additional 2 can be added with validation from select locations.)

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/disney-686033-pass-disneyland.html

TP2000

As I predicted it appears Disney saw a ton of AP's parking in Downtown Disney because we saw 2 things happen:

- DD free parking went from 3 hours to 2. (additional 2 can be added with validation from select locations.)

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/disney-686033-pass-disneyland.html

I missed that part, good catch!

Now only two hours of free Downtown Disney parking, and the hourly rate just doubled from $6 per hour to $12 per hour.

They are cracking down! And I can't say I blame them. That Downtown Disney parking lot is the de facto Free AP Parking for thousands of AP'ers per day. Including me sometimes. :D

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Wow, I'm glad we got our Premier when we did, but I was just going to purchase Tables in Wonderland for the WDW portion of the pass in a week or two and now that price has gone up as well. I will have to recalculate to see if it will be worth it now. Was there any rumors about a price hike coming out today? I didn't see anything but I could have missed it.

Curious Constance

I realize that this isn't good news for locals or those that can afford to travel there multiple times a year, but when I have to pay $315 per person for my family to park hop for five days if we're lucky once every year or two and then go to the park and see all the APers that spread blankets out 6 hours before a show or parade taking all the good spots making it difficult to not only see the show later, but simply to maneuver around the park, it's hard to get mad about this increase.

ForeverAnna

Well my current pass is good through April and the Deluxe is plenty for me as I'm not a local and I usually don't have a car with me.

Californian Elitist

I don't know what to do.

Neither do I. If I do renew my pass, it wont be for the Signature Plus, whose price is disgusting. The Signature looks to be the Premium, except you're blocked for what, two weeks? I'd most likely get that one, since I don't visit the parks during the last half/beginning of January anyway.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I realize that this isn't good news for locals or those that can afford to travel there multiple times a year, but when I have to pay $315 per person for my family to park hop for five days if we're lucky once every year or two and then go to the park and see all the APers that spread blankets out 6 hours before a show or parade taking all the good spots making it difficult to not only see the show later, but simply to maneuver around the park, it's hard to get mad about this increase.

Just so you know, Disneyland has basically stopped people from putting out blankets and leaving them to reserve seating for Fantasmic and such. There are still the people that camp out on Main Street for hours for the parade but it has to be attended by someone.

Also, I'm predicting that the raise on parking and annual passes are just one step to the increase in price for regular tickets and passes.

Mouse Trap

What interesting news to wake up to. Yet not that surprising, although this is a real shake-up of the various tiers with a change in wording and a healthy price bump across the board.

SoCal Select $329, up from $299 (Lotso blockouts!) - Parking $199 extra
SoCal $439, up from $389 (only available for renewals) - Parking $199 extra
Deluxe $599, up from $549 (Christmas and peak weekend blockouts) - Parking $199 extra

Signature $849, an all-new option (Blocked out at Christmas) - Parking included
Signature Plus $1049, up from Premium at $779 (No blockouts) - Parking included
Premiere $1439, up from $1099 - Parking included

Parking has also increased one dollar to $18 per day. But no change in ticket prices appear to have taken place for single-day or multi-day tickets.

I envy you Californian's and your big salaries ;)

FerretAfros

Fun fact: a Disneyland Signature Plus AP now costs $1049.

You can get the annual pass-equivalents from Knott's Berry Farm ($81), Six Flags Magic Mountain ($91), Sea World San Diego ($155), and Universal Hollywood ($169) for $496.

That's enough left over to get a Sea World Orlando/Busch Gardens Tampa AP ($216), Universal Orlando Preferred Pass ($299), and still have $38 left over for dinner. You can eat even more meals if you take advantage of the many discount opportunities available for purchasing most of these APs. It's a tough call, right? :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom