Big changes coming to Annual Passes

MerlinTheGoat

This will benefit locals (any FL resident imo). I know a family that leaves during summer which makes the Silver ideal. Otherwise, gold is perfect. And for those brave enough for spring break and christmas, you got platinum.
Disney adding photopass is finally starting to look like they are appreciating us. I have hundreds of amazing photos but not worth the price of them each or even memory maker.
As for price increases, well that was going to happen eventually. The photopass will make that up to me (year-long memory marker).
I don't find an additional $160 per person to be worth having a "professional" photo made when most people probably have the ability to do that in good quality themselves. Cast will even take your picture for free if you have a camera of your own to provide them with.

Parking fees waived is the only thing i'd consider a benefit (especially with the price increase for non AP holders). There were ways around it for knowledgeable locals, but there's still more "convenience" with Disney's way of doing it.

Clyde Birdbrain posted a comparison of the old vs new prices above. The season/weekday passes for locals aren't THAT bad of an increase given that parking is now free with the passes. Assuming again you visit often and didn't already take a back road to get in (or appreciate the convenience). But the Platinum pass increases are just absurd and infuriating. It has been a while since I had a legit AP and paid attention to the price increases, but this seems absolutely unacceptable. I'd be absolutely livid if I didn't live in Florida already.

Last edited:
Do we know the renewal price for the $649 for platinum pluss FL resident pass? Or because it's new pricing you have to pay that one?
Just found renewal prices, not sure of rules yet.

Florida Resident
Silver $330
Gold $466
Plat $549
Plat+ $619

Non Florida
Plat $635
Plat+ $705

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Old prices:

Weekday Select = $ 239.63
Seasonal Pass = $ 350.39
Annual Pass = $ 563.39
Premium = $ 691.19

New prices:

Weekday Select = $ 275.84 (up $ 36.21 / 15%)
Silver = $ 414.29 (up $ 63.90 / 18% from Seasonal)
Gold = $ 584.69 (up $ 21.30 / 4% from Annual, but with blockout)
Platinum = $ 691.19 (up $ 127.80 / 23% from Annual, no blockout)
Platinum Plus = $ 776.39 (up $ 85.20 / 12% from Premium)

Silver blockout: 17 Dec - 1 Jan, 19 Mar - 1 Apr & 6 Jun - 11 Aug
Gold blockout: 17 Dec - 1 Jan & 19 Mar - 1 Apr
Those old prices aren't right.

The AP was $654 and the Premium was $779 - both plus tax.
http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/magic...gic-your-way-ticket-pricing-february-2015.htm

JohnD

It would seem I now have the Silver pass (previously FR seasonal). I guess the benefit to FRs is that we can upgrade at FR rates to the higher levels.

freediverdude

Does the weekday select have a renewal rate, or is that just the price every year? I will probably slot well in the gold pass, but I do have a retired friend who has the weekday select and will want to know the renewal pricing.

bhg469

The greed is beyond disgusting at this point.
At this point are you surprised? Disney seems to make it less and less convenient for locals. Photo pass for someone who comes to the park dozens of times a year seems like a really silly addition and definitely not a benefit IMO.

The other tiers seem OK but when you consider that one of the black out periods is the entire month of july... yikes!

Well, i guess the reason is, and always wil be, Businesses gotta business I guess.

bhg469

We did the sums.

To buy an AP next year for both of us will cost $320 more than we paid last year.

This is a sad day.
I know the answer to this but is the resort as a whole $320 better at this point. Price hikes are to be expected we all know this, but a significant jump of that magnitude is maddening.

PhilharMagician

Not by $160 in two years. They can take my money.

I have never heard you this angry. I hope a lot more people feel the same way. The only way it will stop is if people stop going through the turnstiles.

I haven't been to WDW in almost 4 years because the pricing was getting out of control IMHO. In 10 years I had seen the cost of a trip increase by 50% which is so far from inflation rates it isn't even funny. Iger said many years ago that he was going to rid of discounts and he has successfully taken any value out of a family vacation to the Vacation Kingdom. Hope he gets a nice fat bonus :mad:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom