The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

catmom46

Happy Sunday Y'all.25 Days until National cat day :D
View attachment 113290

I think Grumpy Cat has something to say about that:

669.jpg

Figgy1

Premium Member
Farmers market sounds good, in off to a craft fair soon. A little jealous of the library book fair, our library is really small so all of our books for sale are on one shelf and super used. I love the library though, I'm just glad we are part of a bigger consortium (part of a five county system) so there is a large variety of books to order from.

We are turning on our heat today too, it was 36 here this morning.
The craft fair sounds like fun the reason we have so many great books is that a good deal of then are donated.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Okay, I'm ready to share my experience at the Doc's on Thursday. I'll try to make this brief. The Doctor stopped in to say "hi". We weren't seeing him, it was a nurses appointment to get another blood draw. So we were sitting in the waiting room, and Scott came in and said "you're here for the flu shots. Hubby and I said, no we did that per Doc instructions, to go and get elsewhere, as they had no over 60 shots. He asked again, you are here for the flu shot, yada , yada, yada. No, we are here for a blood draw. He said I have to consult with the Doctor about this. So we wait and wait and wait. He comes, back and sure enough we were supposed to get the blood draw. (idiot) We may be old, but we aren't dumb, yet!;) We go in the coldest room to get a blood draw how dumb is that? Okay, so after two pokes we get the draw. Yea, ready to go home. In comes Scott we need a pneumonia shot. Okay , go right ahead. He leaves, we wait for another 45 minutes. Meanwhile the other people keep coming in and saying you aren't done yet? No, we are waiting. This goes on with several people telling Scott in the hallway that we are still waiting. Mind you, we haven't said anything about how long it has been because we sensed there was some sort of emergency going on. Scott finally comes in and gives me my flu shot. I could tell he wasn't happy. Now, I know how to relax my arm from years of getting shots. He took my arm took the needle way back and slammed it into my arm. Now I have this very large bruise. I've never had a shot administered this way. Is that normal? I'm not sure what to do. The Doc doesn't know what happened. Am I making a mountain out of a mole hill. As you know , last week we were forgotten about, and spent three hours in the office and got nothing done.
Sympathy like.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Happy Sunday! Cold and rainy here, but at least the rain is just going to be on and off today:cautious::rolleyes:. It was bad enough I decided not to finish my entire list yesterday. Life happens. Oh well, I'm going to get them finished toady. At least with the low crowds yesterday I made out very well at the farm market. The heirloom tomatoes were quite cheap, Chinese cabbage and cauliflower were beautiful and priced right, peppers were only 50 cents a pound so when we get home we're all going to be busy chopping. Maybe between everything I got there and at the Library it was a good thing we came home as the car was quite full of goodies. All I felt like doing when we got home was to sit and watch a movie. It seemed like a good idea at the time, so I made some popcorn, and salsa, pulled out the chips and we finally watched Into the Woods. 2 hours I'm not getting back. With the cast maybe I just expect too much. Heading out to finish up my original list and now I also have to get sweats for my ds and my dh has requested I pick him up a couple of flannel shirts as doing so would not be out of my way.:cautious: I'll get them but he won't until Christmas LOL Mini rant over. I think the cold and rain are getting to me. Have a and stay warm

FutureCEO

Well I'm glad that it only took two pokes this time to get the blood drawn, but that sounds like pretty rough treatment for the flu shot. It would probably be worth mentioning to your doctor. Maybe take a picture of the bruise too so he can see it. There shouldn't be a large bruise from a shot, perhaps a tiny one (I sometimes get a tiny bruise from the flu shot).

From what I've read of your posts you don't seem like the type of person that exaggerates or makes mountains out of molehills and clearly the treatment at the doctor office is bothering you and not what you are expecting (or deserving). Hopefully he would respect your opinions.

I'm my experience (which is not much). All the nurses I have had try to find whatever they are looking for before poking me with the needle. Apparently my veins to draw blood are hard to find. I have only given blood once and probably never again. Blood came out to slow and I didn't like the needle in me for that long.

Happy breakfast everyone!

Goofyernmost

I'm my experience (which is not much). All the nurses I have had try to find whatever they are looking for before poking me with the needle. Apparently my veins to draw blood are hard to find. I have only given blood once and probably never again. Blood came out to slow and I didn't like the needle in me for that long.

Happy breakfast everyone!
Same thing happened to me, so I didn't donate for a number of years. Then I tried it again and everything went very smoothly and have been a double donor for a number of years and have done multiple gallons.
Can't now because of a cancer diagnosis, but, when that clears up I will be at it again.

Give it another try, if you still have the same problem then don't do it again. It is something that is easy for us to do and helps a lot of people survive. Worth the hassle.

MOXOMUMD

That's funny. Actually, in the Once Upon a Time version, Anna evidently gave Hans a black eye after he tried to take over the kingdom again, so your students aren't that far off.:joyfull:

I actually collect the 12 inch Disney princess dolls. I have them on display, Some in my room and some in the basement. I have Cinderella, 2 Ariels (one of them had a leg that got broken. My mom glued it, bat I got a second one. The newer one has her tail on while the older one has a dress on), Jasmine, Mulan, Aurora and Prince Phillip, Belle and the Beast (who can turn into the prince), Elsa, and now Anna. I had stopped collecting them as a teen because I thought it was childish. Now, I enjoy it, so I don't particularly care if others think it's strange. The older I get, the less I care about most people's opinions, especially when it comes to something I enjoy. My dad asked me how old I am when I showed him Anna. I shrugged and said, "She's for display. Who cares?" He shook his head and walked away. :rolleyes:

Anna kicked Prince Phillip off of his stand, so I need to go to the craft store to get more stands.
In my family room I have two tall bookshelves displaying my Snow White collection, which started before I was born. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom