$300... To Party or Not to Party?

Cosmic Commando

We're a family of four (+baby) going in November. My wife thinks we can work in enough money to go to MVMCP. It would be nice to have an extra park day on our trip, but staring down a $300 bill for a maximum of 8 hours in the Magic Kingdom gives me pause. It's not that I'm against spending the money, but I just wonder if we might be better off spending that money on something else. We already have 10-day tickets, so there's no cheap way to add more days. What would you guys do... MVMCP? Shopping spree? Tour of some kind? WPF&M? Our last possible day to be in FL is 11/13 in case there are any seasonal things that are available.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Yep If your budget allows and you have never been I would definitely advise going. Me and DH absolutely love the MVMCP!! We do it every time if there while it's running.
And tours will always be there no matter when you ever go back. The MVMCP is only during the holiday months.
On a side note about tours I do love the Keys to the Kingdom tour @ MK but everyone has to be over 16 and like mentioned it will always be there for the foreseeable future.
So after rambling on lol my vote is for MVMCP. :)

Upvote 0

nerdboyrockstar

The thing is.. WDW kinda keeps the holiday offerings hostage. You can't see holiday fireworks, parade, shows (if they still do them) unless you buy the ticket. Do they even light up the castle icicle lights unless it's a party night? I'm not sure. If you could swing it, I would do it.

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

The thing is.. WDW kinda keeps the holiday offerings hostage. You can't see holiday fireworks, parade, shows (if they still do them) unless you buy the ticket. Do they even light up the castle icicle lights unless it's a party night? I'm not sure. If you could swing it, I would do it.
Yes castle lights run during regular hours all season long, and even regular guests there Christmas week can see all the exclusive party stuff for no extra charge as well. That happens the night after the last party usually, and they do all of the special offerings every night like the special parade, fireworks, "snow" on main street etc.
So no they do not hold all that stuff hostage for the parties exclusively. Lol :)

Upvote 0

nerdboyrockstar

Yes castle lights run during regular hours all season long, and even regular guests there Christmas week can see all the exclusive party stuff for no extra charge as well. That happens the night after the last party usually, and they do all of the special offerings every night like the special parade, fireworks, "snow" on main street etc.
So no they do not hold all that stuff hostage for the parties exclusively. Lol :)

Right, unless you're going during Christmas week. Which, of the thousands and thousands of people who descend on Orlando then, I prefer not to be one of them. So party ticket it is for me.

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Unless you're going during Christmas week. Which, of the thousands and thousands of people who descend on Orlando then, I prefer not to be one of them. So party ticket it is for me.
Well yeah we go to the parties too of course but people do have that option. We never go that week ever! Lol. Also for the castle lights you don't have to go to a party either and they run through most of November, all of December, and the first week of January. :)

Upvote 0

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Silly question, but the party tickets also work like MNSSHP right? Where you get half day admission as part of the expense (entrance allowed starting at 4p?)

If you factor that in, it's really not that bad a financial deal considering all the special stuff they have going on.

I'll be doing it this year for sure, just to say I have. Dunno if we'll spend the rest of the time at Disney or even stay on property for that. I'm doing trips a lot different this year than previous trips...shorter and more often.

Upvote 0

Cosmic Commando

Original Poster
Silly question, but the party tickets also work like MNSSHP right? Where you get half day admission as part of the expense (entrance allowed starting at 4p?)

If you factor that in, it's really not that bad a financial deal considering all the special stuff they have going on.

I'll be doing it this year for sure, just to say I have. Dunno if we'll spend the rest of the time at Disney or even stay on property for that. I'm doing trips a lot different this year than previous trips...shorter and more often.
Yep, you can get in at 4.

Upvote 0

Cosmic Commando

Original Poster
It's cool if you've never done it before. We much prefer the Halloween party.
We actually would be able to do the last Halloween party at the beginning of our trip, but I think switching it up would be best if we do a Party. I love Boo to You, but the rest of the family has never done MVMCP and I haven't done it since the 90s some time.

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

We actually would be able to do the last Halloween party at the beginning of our trip, but I think switching it up would be best if we do a Party. I love Boo to You, but the rest of the family has never done MVMCP and I haven't done it since the 90s some time.
We did both in the same trip last year. We caught MNSSHP on 10/31 and the very first MVMCP on 11/7. Both sold out parties. It was nice to do them both in the same trip for once. Lol But for a whole family to do both is pretty pricey. It's just me and DH so it was not bad. :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom