How do I upload a photo from my iPhone

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I've been having this problem and asked in a different thread for help and was guided here. Full disclosure, I have very little knowledge of the inner workings of computers and my iPhone, I just learn the procedure and it has always worked until a few days ago.

As always I go to Upload a file, choose file and that is as far as the site or my phone allows me to go. It flashes and does nothing.

This is a new iPhone 5 I was given by Apple last week to replace the one that the upgrade in software that killed my original phone a week ago. It has whatever the latest version is uploaded and the update to remedy many of the glitches of the new software. What I had posted is help or advise on what could be stopping the upload of photos. Could something not be set properly on my end with my own iPhone?
Like I said I never had issues before uploading from my phone so I am at a loss.
Are you on Wifi or using cellular at the time?

There are no known issues with iOS uploads that I am aware of, so it could perhaps be your internet connection at the time is failing.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Are you on Wifi or using cellular at the time?

There are no known issues with iOS uploads that I am aware of, so it could perhaps be your internet connection at the time is failing.
This is since I went to 9. WiFi or data won't take the photos. I just tried again. Same problem @donaldtoo is having.

Gabe1

Are you using Safari?

Can you describe exactly what you do and the point of failure?

Yes Safari.

Certainly.

I click Upload a File

I click Choose a file, the choose a file icon flashes and then does nothing

I just went to DIS that seems to use the same forums or very similar to upload the photos and I was able to upload a photo without issue from my iPhone.

The only difference on upload a file I can find between the two , I took screen shots of both, is yours is:

jpg, jpeg, jpe, png difference theirs is zip, txt, pdf, png, jpg, jpeg, jpe, gif

as I said before I have no knowledge of how these things genuinely operate, I just follow the instructions and it worked until I went to iphone 9 upgrade.

Donaldfan1934

Original Poster
Yes Safari.

Certainly.

I click Upload a File

I just went to DIS that seems to use the same forums or very similar to upload the photos and I was able to upload a photo without issue from my iPhone.

The only difference on upload a file I can find between the two , I took screen shots of both, is yours is:

jpg, jpeg, jpe, png difference theirs is zip, txt, pdf, png, jpg, jpeg, jpe, gif

as I said before I have no knowledge of how these things genuinely operate, I just follow the instructions and it worked until I went to iphone 9 upgrade.
This is exactly what I was trying to describe.

Gabe1

What device are you using?

iPhone 5 upgraded to 9, 9.1 and now 9.2

If you go up a few posts we were having this conversation on October 3rd over several posts and @donaldtoo is having the same issue and now @Donaldfan1934
I can post photos from my iPhone on another sight which seems similar to the format of this one. But here is the last answer I posted answering your questions the best I could

Are you using Safari?

Can you describe exactly what you do and the point of failure?

Yes Safari.

Certainly.

I click Upload a File

I just went to website DIS that seems to use the same forums or very similar to upload the photos and I was able to upload a photo without issue from my iPhone.

Any suggestions would be appreciated-thanks.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Certainly.

If you go up a few posts we were having this conversation on October 3rd over several posts and @donaldtoo is having the same issue and now @Donaldfan1934
I can post photos from my iPhone on another sight which seems similar to the format of this one. But here is the last answer I posted answering your questions the best I could

Yes Safari.

Certainly.

I click Upload a File

I just went to website DIS that seems to use the same forums or very similar to upload the photos and I was able to upload a photo without issue from my iPhone.

Any suggestions would be appreciated-thanks.
What specific device are you using?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I've just tested this on an iPhone 5 with iOS 9.02 and all works fine. I'm unsure of what the cause of the problem is because I can't reproduce it.

The only thing I can think of that you could try would be to clear your temporary internet files and see if that helps. SETTINGS, SAFARI, then CLEAR HISTORY AND WEBSITE DATA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom