Animaniacs Thread, Anyone?

What's your favorite segment from the show?

• The Warner Brothers

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Pinky and the Brain

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Slappy the Squirrel

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Goodfeathers

• Rita and Runt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buttons and Mindy

• Other segment

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ShoalFox

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
So, Animaniacs is widely considered one of the best animated TV shows of the 90s (if not ever). It was not made by Disney at all; in fact, it was made by their former biggest animation rival in Warner Bros. I used to watch it when I was a kid but I never saw it again until re-runs started appearing on The Hub a few years ago. Nowadays I love the show because it's comedic, well written, and has lots of variety. I've seen that quite a few people here also really love the show, so why not have an entire thread devoted to the show?

My favorite segment is the Warner Brothers (and the Warner sister!) with my favorite character being Yakko. Although I think Rita is the cutest character.

rsoxguy

Loved Animaniacs. I started watching with my daughter, and now occasionally watch it with my niece. Want to know how to define the word "dork"?
An early 50's guy who owns the entire Pinky and The Brain collection on DVD, a Pinky and The Brain t-shirt, a Pinky and The Brain watch, and has Pinky and The Brain figurines in his office at work. Yeah, me.

rsoxguy

vlcsnap-2011-08-09-01h33m30s2251.png

Froinlaven!

Figments Friend

This show was indeed a real gem.
I watched it debut and saw all the episodes new.
Syndicated animation was in a good time then...a lot of well made animated shows were around at that time.

Getting back to 'Animaniacs', I once had the pleasure of meeting Jess Harnell, voice of 'Wakko".
The local Warner Brothers Studio Store was doing a special appearance event to promote the show, and all three voice talents who did the Warners were to appear.
On the day I went, only Jess was present...the other two had fallen ill.
The costumed versions of the characters that were also present however more then made up for it with their outrageous antics.

Jess was a fun guy.
Very nice.
I still have the item he autographed for me that day...

It was years later I learned he also voiced Br'er Rabbit for the various versions of 'Splash Mountain'.
Wish I had known that when I met him...as he had just done the work a year or two prior to our meeting.
Still, it was a neat experience.

-

lilclerk

I loved Animaniacs and Tiny Toons so much. Tress MacNeille was a hero of mine growing up :)
Rob Paulsen (Yakko, Pinky, etc.) has a podcast called Talkin' Toons that I love. He interviews different voice actors, and my biggest takeaway from it is that they all LOVE what they do, and are so humble and appreciative of everything. It is amazing to hear them all effortlessly slip in and out of all the different characters they do.

That being said, I chose the Warners in the poll, but I was always partial to Katie Ka-boom and Chicken Boo.

ShoalFox

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Ah yeah I just remembered, a couple months ago I picked up the Animaniacs game for my SNES. I didn't play much, but it was a bit more difficult and frustrating than I expected.

ShoalFox

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
If it is, then I hope they don't adopt that overly simple animation style most animated shows have these days...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom