NFL 2015 Discussion Thread

rsoxguy

"Hi everyone. My name is rsoxguy and I'm a Dolphins fan."

"Hi rsoxguy!"

"I watch the games and then have trouble sleeping on Sunday nights. I can't seem to stop."

"We'll help you through this. It's what the group is all about"

"I love these meetings."

PUSH

Original Poster
My offer to the guy who just beat me: LeSean McCoy and Jordan Matthews for Eddie Lacy

And now we wait.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/13773703/nfl-appeal-tom-brady-case-heard-2016

A federal appeals court has granted a request by the NFL and NFL Players Association to expedite a hearing on the league's appeal of a lower court ruling that struck down the suspension of New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady.

The move virtually guarantees Brady will play the entire regular season and postseason without the threat of being suspended for his role in Deflategate.

The NFL's wild-card playoffs begin Jan. 9, 2016. The AFC and NFC Championship Games are set for Jan. 24. The Super Bowl is scheduled for Feb. 7.

The decision, filed Tuesday, ordered the NFL to file its opening brief by Oct. 26. Brady's attorneys and the NFLPA need to answer by Dec. 7. The NFL, which gets the last word in its appeal, has until Dec. 21 to reply.

The appeal then will be heard as early as the week of Feb. 1, 2016.

Brady was suspended for the first four games of the season, and the Super Bowl champions were docked $1 million and two draft picks after a league investigation found the team provided improperly inflated footballs for the AFC title game against the Indianapolis Colts in January 2015. Brady appealed his suspension, and it was upheld July 28 by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell. Brady then appealed the suspension in federal court.

On Sept. 3, U.S. District Court Judge Richard M. Berman overturned the suspension.

The NFL appealed Berman's decision to the U.S. Court of Appeals.

Brady has started the Patriots' first three games, and the team is 3-0.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
"Hi everyone. My name is rsoxguy and I'm a Dolphins fan."

"Hi rsoxguy!"

"I watch the games and then have trouble sleeping on Sunday nights. I can't seem to stop."

"We'll help you through this. It's what the group is all about"

"I love these meetings."

"Welcome to the club!"

Cowboys fan.

PUSH

Original Poster
I added Tyrod Taylor to my fantasy roster after someone higher in the waiver wire got Steve Smith instead of me. I was choosing between Taylor, Dalton and Carr, but after looking at the matchups for the weeks Roethlisberger is projected to be out, Taylor had the most favorable ones.

acishere

My waiver priority number is still awful. Only claim that went through was to get Larry Donnell as my backup TE for a bye week. My third choice for TE was the only one that went through. This league setting is killing me.

PUSH

Original Poster
So far no bite on my trade offer for Eddie Lacy. I don't expect it to work, but I don't think Lacy's owner has even checked his fantasy team since I proposed the trade yesterday morning.

PUSH

Original Poster
Martellus Bennett or Tyler Eifert? Matchup says Bennett, but he hasn't really produced this season.

And it doesn't look like my trade for Eddie Lacy is going to pan out (shocking, right?), so I want to add Karlos Williams since it looks like McCoy won't be able to go, but I also don't want to drop anyone. My two options would be Doug Martin or Tyrod Taylor. Decisions, decisions...

PUSH

Original Poster
Well, a day after Tyrod Taylor, I dropped him and added Karlos Williams instead. After this week I'll probably try to get Taylor back if McCoy is back and ready to go.

PUSH

Original Poster
My starting lineup this week is most likely going to be:

QB: Matt Ryan
RB1: Jamaal Charles
RB2: Karlos Williams
WR1: Antonio Brown
WR2: Keenan Allen
TE: Martellus Bennett
FLEX: Jordan Matthews
D/ST: Bills
K: Steven Hauschka

PUSH

Original Poster
I need Big Ben back. It's killing Antonio Brown's productivity, too. Plus I'm going against Le'Veon Bell who just scored a TD...

flynnibus

Premium Member
And the Ravens go from beat up... to flat out broken.

the #1 draft WR we took is still out indefinitely and had his knee scoped the last week
the #1 producing WR (who had 6x the catches of anyone else on the team) Smith Sr is now out indefinitely with broken vertebrae.
the receiver with the most upside, and who has been doing returns, Campenaro is now on IR with disc issues in his back
Our #1 TE is still out on IR with destined to return.. but its questionable if he'll ever truly play again
Our #2 TE is out with some mysterious calf injury.. leaving only two rookie TEs in their wake

There is going to be no one to throw to at all...

PUSH

Original Poster
I still have a lot of good matchups to go, but we all know what is considered to be a good matchup could come back to blow up in your face.

acishere

With Edelman on bye and Jeffrey out AGAIN I have to play Ted Ginn (who) and Golden Tate (against the Seahawks).

So if anyone has any whiskey they wish to give away, I'm accepting donations.

acishere

Andrew Luck is out. So we may have all just incorrectly picked a game right there. I also have TY Hilton on my fantasy team.

There must be an Indian Burial ground under my condo or something...

PUSH

Original Poster
Andrew Luck is out. So we may have all just incorrectly picked a game right there. I also have TY Hilton on my fantasy team.

There must be an Indian Burial ground under my condo or something...
Maybe Matt Hasselbeck will come out and take Luck's job.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom