Help needed from our overseas friends

Stevie Amsterdam

Original Poster
My fellow Disney brothers and sisters at the other side of the ocean, we are in need of your help. Our friends from InsideDLParis uploaded the below pictures yesterday:

12009628_881192001987687_8139297216248845785_n.jpg
12038028_881192348654319_1962067948170579079_n.jpg

These are (part of) the Halloween decorations which look absolutely amazing, but European parents seem to think that it is ok for their kids to go and climb on. In all fairness, it's hard to blame the kids cause if one goes, the rest sure wants to follow. Kids will be kids right? I read that multiple cast members have tried to inform the parents that this kind of behaviour is not acceptable, but all they get in return is a rude reply.

Now, it's tempting of discuss why this behaviour is only seen at DLP and not in Asia or the US, but with that temptation comes the risk of finger pointing rather than finding a real solution. I'm reaching out to those of you who have dealt with the delicate situation of correcting kids' behaviour via the parents, whilst still being respectful and with a 'touch of Disney magic'.

I certainly don't have the answer to this matter and at times I honestly think 'gosh I wish a kid would just fall off and set the example for the rest of them'. This however could result in a lawsuit against Disney, which makes the subject even more delicate.

Below are some more pictures of this special Halloween decoration, it looks absolutely stunning and I can't wait to go again in October for my birthday. I'm happy to forward the tips, experiences and advice shared here during that trip. Many thanks in advance ;)

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Stevie Amsterdam

Original Poster
People have no respect for anything any more, seriously.

We're off to DLP tomorrow for a week. Super excited because I've never seen a Disney park all Halloweened up before!

I'm also excited for Legacy FP and a Pirates of the Caribbean that hasn't been bastardised by the movies! Hurrah!
I couldn't agree more with you, except for the legacy FP ;) I am so happy with MM+ since it saves me hours of waiting time. The weather forecast is very good for the upcoming two weeks so hopefully you'll have a blast - enjoy!!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
People have no respect for anything any more, seriously.

We're off to DLP tomorrow for a week. Super excited because I've never seen a Disney park all Halloweened up before!

I'm also excited for Legacy FP and a Pirates of the Caribbean that hasn't been bastardised by the movies! Hurrah!

I loved DLP's version of Pirates, it is the best of all I've seen. See it before they add Jack Sparrow!

We were really shocked at all the people that would climb over fences at DLP to relax, eat or see a show. Maybe they should put prickly plants in the areas guests shouldn't be climbing into to deter them.

PacNWTigger

When we were at DLP this summer we actually saw a young boy peeing off of a bridge with dad standing right there next to him the whole time. We were flabbergasted because you would never see that kind of behavior at WDW or DLR.

On the other hand...I am LOVING the Halloween decorations you guys have at DLP! It is unfortunate that a kid will eventually fall off during a climbing adventure, but maybe after that CM's might be able to put up a sign or warn guests about the hazard.

Stevie Amsterdam

Original Poster
When we were at DLP this summer we actually saw a young boy peeing off of a bridge with dad standing right there next to him the whole time. We were flabbergasted because you would never see that kind of behavior at WDW or DLR.

On the other hand...I am LOVING the Halloween decorations you guys have at DLP! It is unfortunate that a kid will eventually fall off during a climbing adventure, but maybe after that CM's might be able to put up a sign or warn guests about the hazard.
Un-be-lie-va-ble!! That father should have received a formal warning from Disney so he and his family could be removed after a second incident.

Stevie Amsterdam

Original Poster
There's so many people filming stuff at the resorts and putting it on YouTube, I wouldn't be surprised if that teen would show up somewhere!

The Empress Lilly

I've seen a mother tell her son to relieve himself in the bushes next to a walkway in DHS. :confused:

I didn't see anybody climb the Maleficent Stage this weekend. Maybe Disney succesfully stopped it.

I don't blame parents, I blame Disney. Disney has turned its castle parks into toddler playgrounds. It has added physical playgrounds, dumbified its parks, sells them as toddler heavens, added 'make-your-kid-scream-as-loud-as-it-can' attractions ( :confused: ). And between Jedi Academy and Frozen sing-a-longs the kid has changed from spectator to pampered actor. Every kid a spoiled prince/princess. Preferably in a dress. This is what you reap.

HolleBolleGijs

When we were at DLP this summer we actually saw a young boy peeing off of a bridge with dad standing right there next to him the whole time.

I've seen that, although in this case a little kid just dropped his pants not far from Indiana Jones ride and started peeing in the middle of the walkway.

Re:OP, it seems that was the only instance of this happening, and I think it was an anomaly. Most likely, some stupid parent let their kid climb on it, and everyone else thought you were allowed. Although I might be too kind to DLP guests...

pumpkin7

We're back! I'll be doing a full trip report soon, but I am glad to report that I saw no kiddies climbing up the Dragon Vine (like above), and I saw many CMs telling kids to get down off things, and not sit on railings and they were listened to.
Although a couple of times we had been waiting for a show (like the villains one on the above pictured stage), and had a good seated spot, a family would come over and sit in front of us. As soon as the music started, parents stood up, kids went on shoulders... couldn't see a damn thing. People are just so inconsiderate! Selfie sticks is another. Watching the Disney Dreams show on the evening... guy with a camera on a selfie stick comes and stands right in front of us. Big Thunder Mountain, train is just pulling off, woman behind us whips out a selfie stick. WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?! FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY TOO ON DARK RIDES OH MY LIFE.
Ok that's enough, haha, but I took plenty of pictures so keep a neye out for my trip report!

SophieMiddleton

I find the biggest issue with DLP is that the cast members (or the majority of) don't seem to care for the rules themselves. They don't enforce the smoking ban and I find it hard to believe they'll continue with the selfie stick ban. Sad, but if people aren't being told not to do things then they won't stop :confused:

Jon81uk

USA parks are more scared of the American culture of litigation for damages so they would have put more fences up at a US park.

There is still some hope that people can be responsible for their own safety over here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom