Last Minute Trip to Seaworld

bristol's mom

Original Poster
I want to fly my kids down to SW for a couple of days while they are on fall break and before the animal rights activist shut the place down. Where can I get the best package deal? Thanks!

rob0519

We always go to Sea World during our stay at Disney. Have you looked at Sea World's website? Go to Google and type in SeaWorld Orlando Package Deals. Multiple hotel websites came up. Good Luck, We liked SeaWorld a lot more before they changed all the shows to have a cirque du soleil feeling.

bristol's mom

Original Poster
I am within 10 days of travel so it won't let me make a reservation online. I will call SW reservations tomorrow but what is the best hotel to stay at? We are flying down and don't want to rent a car and will only be going to SW & DC and staying 3 nights. Also, we are flying out of Atlanta so which airline has the best rates? We always drive to Orlando so I have no idea how to search for the best deal on a flight. Thanks.

919Florida

I am within 10 days of travel so it won't let me make a reservation online. I will call SW reservations tomorrow but what is the best hotel to stay at? We are flying down and don't want to rent a car and will only be going to SW & DC and staying 3 nights. Also, we are flying out of Atlanta so which airline has the best rates? We always drive to Orlando so I have no idea how to search for the best deal on a flight. Thanks.

It all depends on what you like but my personal favorites have been the Springhill and Fairfield Inn at SeaWorld. They are across the street so if you request a seaworld view you have a view of the coasters etc. They have a nice shamu themed pool area. Both have a fridge and microwave which is nice and also a deluxe hot breakfast in the morning. Residence Inn is another choice I love. These rooms are larger and are suite sized they also have a full kitchen in them. These three are my favorites. All are official SeaWorld Hotels

bristol's mom

Original Poster
If you get lucky, Spirit Airlines sometimes runs less than $40 each way.
I just got a quote for 4 people round trip from ATL to MCO for $388. Incredible and thanks for the lead!

ETA - after pricing in the carry-on luggage, seat choices and toilet paper charges, the total is now $628. Still better than what I expected.

Last edited:

bristol's mom

Original Poster
It all depends on what you like but my personal favorites have been the Springhill and Fairfield Inn at SeaWorld. They are across the street so if you request a seaworld view you have a view of the coasters etc. They have a nice shamu themed pool area. Both have a fridge and microwave which is nice and also a deluxe hot breakfast in the morning. Residence Inn is another choice I love. These rooms are larger and are suite sized they also have a full kitchen in them. These three are my favorites. All are official SeaWorld Hotels

My two youngest had already chosen the Shamu-themed pool at the Springhill and Fairfield. On the SW website, it lists these hotels separately so is one better than the other? Thanks.

919Florida

My two youngest had already chosen the Shamu-themed pool at the Springhill and Fairfield. On the SW website, it lists these hotels separately so is one better than the other? Thanks.
Springhill Suites is an all suite hotel where the rooms are larger and they also have a sitting area, mini kitchen and a split bathroom floor plan
Fairfield Inn is more of a standard hotel room but it does still have the mini fridge and microwave in the room but it does not have a sitting area or split bathroom floor plan

My favorite of the two above is the Springhill. I like the larger room. Both do share the same pool area though being the shamu themed pool area. So no matter which hotel you chose you will get the shamu themed pool. Both properties do have the deluxe breakfast. If you will be taking the bus to the parks in the morning the bus picks up in front of the Springhill.

Residence Inn is a nice property but its further away just a bit. Rooms are much longer and have full kitchens though so if that's something you are wanting keep that in mind.

Tony the Tigger

I just got a quote for 4 people round trip from ATL to MCO for $388. Incredible and thanks for the lead!

ETA - after pricing in the carry-on luggage, seat choices and toilet paper charges, the total is now $628. Still better than what I expected.

Put all your stuff into one checked bag, and each person gets a free personal bag (pocketbook, backpack, laptop bag, etc)

And never pick seats! Lol

bristol's mom

Original Poster
Great packages are available with some exciting benefits. Go to SeaWorld's Vacation Package page here for the details and official hotels http://seaworldparks.com/en/seaworld-orlando/vacations/ I have took advantage of these deals before and they are nice and have great rates. If you have any questions please ask. I am a SeaWorld lover and visit at least 2 times a week. I am happy to help if you need it.

I just called SW vacation packages and they want $849 just for SW tickets and 3 nights at Springhill Suites. Granted, the tickets are good for 14 days and kids eat free at the park but I don't need any of that especially since we are only going to be at the park for only 2 days and Springhill has a free hot breakfast.

I think I am going to book everything separately because I can fly 4 people with Frontier for $652 round trip (I like their departure times better than Spirit) and then book directly with Springhill for a total of $267 for 3 nights and then buy 2-day tickets from SW at the gate for $280 ($97 each) for a total of $1,199. What is the best way for me to get from MCO to the hotel? Cab or do they have shuttles? Thanks for your help.

919Florida

I just called SW vacation packages and they want $849 just for SW tickets and 3 nights at Springhill Suites. Granted, the tickets are good for 14 days and kids eat free at the park but I don't need any of that especially since we are only going to be at the park for only 2 days and Springhill has a free hot breakfast.

I think I am going to book everything separately because I can fly 4 people with Frontier for $652 round trip (I like their departure times better than Spirit) and then book directly with Springhill for a total of $267 for 3 nights and then buy 2-day tickets from SW at the gate for $280 ($97 each) for a total of $1,199. What is the best way for me to get from MCO to the hotel? Cab or do they have shuttles? Thanks for your help.
When my friends come down here they take the Super Shuttle to the SeaWorld hotels. Very reasonable prices compared to cabs. Hope you have a great time. You will love the hotel

bristol's mom

Original Poster
Flight has been booked with Frontier for $637 (4 people; 1 checked bag; 2 carry-on bags; depart Mon & return Thurs). Hotel accommodations have been booked through Springhill Suites Orlando at SeaWorld for $267 (3 nights; theme park view; complementary hot breakfast & internet). The reservationist said that taking a cab would be the cheapest way to get from MCO to the hotel and I guess that will run about $40 each way (or will it?). Also, we want the SeaWorld/Bush Gardens combo ticket at $109 each ($496) so is it cheaper to buy them now or at the gate? Thanks again for your help.

bristol's mom

Original Poster
When my friends come down here they take the Super Shuttle to the SeaWorld hotels. Very reasonable prices compared to cabs. Hope you have a great time. You will love the hotel
I missed your reply. I just went on Super Shuttle website and it shows $20 a person (round trip, I hope) so is that going to be better than a cab and do I have to mess around with making reservations? Thanks.

919Florida

I missed your reply. I just went on Super Shuttle website and it shows $20 a person (round trip, I hope) so is that going to be better than a cab and do I have to mess around with making reservations? Thanks.
Its round trip. I found a discount code for you to use. Just type in FALLL (yes 3 L's) you can save 10%. I would recommend making reservations just so they have a spot for you and are ready

bristol's mom

Original Poster
Put all your stuff into one checked bag, and each person gets a free personal bag (pocketbook, backpack, laptop bag, etc)

And never pick seats! Lol
We leave tomorrow and I checked-in online with Frontier a couple of hours ago and the only seats available were some middle seats throughout the plane, some vacant rows in the back and then quite a few vacant rows upfront which were the most expensive. I just now checked to see if we were assigned seats and we scored row 6 with a window for my youngest who has never flown before!! These are economy stretch seats and Frontier charges $17 each to reserve so good call on not paying for reserve seating at booking because it definitely paid off in this case (I don't know if I would chance it on a long flight though). Thanks again!

Last edited:

bristol's mom

Original Poster
Nice video. How is the trip?
The trip was great and we got back yesterday afternoon. Busch Gardens was alright but the highlight for us was obviously SeaWorld especially Blue Horizons the dolphin show and for my eldest, the two big roller coasters. Once I get caught up at work, I will go into more detail. Thanks for everyone's help because it made this trip a very affordable and less crowed alternative to Disney.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom