Dream holiday,wedding&honeymoon planning from UK!

amanda_paul2016

Original Poster
Hi
I'm new to this site and have read so many useful tips, reviews, and blogs!

I've been planning our trip for four years and now I'm only a year away! Eeek!

Well after costing a UK wedding (without honeymoon) I decided there was no way I was paying between 7000-8000 to pay for everyone to eat and be merry! Especially when I promised the kids I'd take them to Disney world one day!

So in April I booked!!!
I started off booking the port Orleans river side, after booking and a lot of consideration I decided to upgrade to old key west, simply because two adults and three young children in a confined space can only lead to one thing!! Mayhem lol
And I'd have no where to even put my dress to hang and decrease!

So since then I've managed to choose and buy my dress!!! It's amazing! And DISNEY!! (now need to loose 2 stone to feel better in it) lol
I'll have to collect that in February and figure how we're going to wedge it into a hand luggage case!

Iv also had to up our airline seats because the hand luggage weight limit is 6kg on Thomas Cook so we've had to upgrade to premium seats to get a 10kg allowance

So anyone be warned flying from the UK with a large wedding dress the airline expect you to stay within they're limits! They will make you check in the bag if it's over which I'm obviously very worried about!

So my future hubby's suit is bought, my two little girls dresses are bought (Disney again ☺️)
My mums dress is a Disney maiden dress she's going to look stunning!
My wedding ring is bought too!

So I need to buy:

My little boys suit (closer to the time)
Suit for my dad
FH wedding ring
Shoes for everyone!

And a list longer than I can type right now with things I need to organise, like booking our wedding!
There's and 8month limit on escape weddings so I can't book it just yet!

So I'm currently looking into posted wedding licenses v going to local court house there seems to be companies offering a service but at much higher costs than the court houses so i won't be using those!! Lol

Well if anyone is also planning they're dream wedding in Disney world Orlando be it from the UK, US or anywhere else in the world feel free to leave your experience as I know any fellow planners will greatly appreciate the extra tips and knowledge you could provide

I've read another blog on here a lady who planned her dream wedding and received, Pin codes for hotel discounts so I was wondering;
Is that for US wedding bookings or do the UK wedding booking get them too? And what use would they be if you have already booked your stay in Disney before booking the wedding?

HAPPY FIRYTALE WEEDDING PLANNING EVERYONE!

BJones82

We are planning a Destination wedding there and are using a local Dress lady Carolyn Allen's to steam my Fiancée's dress the morning of he wedding after having it transported there and stored in a dress bag for 6 months. Their prices aren't crazy and it may be a good option to make sure your dress is in good form after flying over from the UK :)

Good luck!! This sounds like it will be awesome and the year will go by so fast, it seams like yesterday was a year away from our wedding and now we are only 5 weeks lol!!

amanda_paul2016

Original Poster
Oh my goodness!! 5 weeks!! I bet your walking on air with excitement!! I wish you all the best!!!

I'm excited to tell the kids more than anything I can't wait to see they're faces!! Iv got to hold it in until a few days before!!! That's going to kill me lol

Thanks for the advice on steaming the dress, I was thinking of asking Alfred Anglo as its one of their dresses if I could pop in to have it steamed as I'm customer of thiers but from the UK.
It's so exciting but I'm also nervous! I don't want to find if forgotten something lol

BJones82

Oh my goodness!! 5 weeks!! I bet your walking on air with excitement!! I wish you all the best!!!

I'm excited to tell the kids more than anything I can't wait to see they're faces!! Iv got to hold it in until a few days before!!! That's going to kill me lol

Thanks for the advice on steaming the dress, I was thinking of asking Alfred Anglo as its one of their dresses if I could pop in to have it steamed as I'm customer of thiers but from the UK.
It's so exciting but I'm also nervous! I don't want to find if forgotten something lol

That seems like a great option for getting the dress steamed too!! I couldn't imagine keeping that secret until a few days before lol!! Good Luck!! And the 5 week thing is kinda crazy, it's going by slow and fast all at once lol... It really does seem like we just got engaged lol... Anyway keep us updated on how everything goes :)

amanda_paul2016

Original Poster
hi everyone so after doing a total for the cost of everything I am checking every nook and cranny to make sure there's no way we could save a bit more money or make our money go further?

I have contacted FTW last week and they wouldn't give out too much information regarding booking a wedding and any benefits you could get etc.

so to anyone who has booked an escape package or similar could you help?
I want to find out if;
you got discount pin codes for the mandatory stay you need to have and how much you get off roughly?

if you don't book the stay how much will they add on too a booking (as iv heard this can be done?)

also if you have already booked your holiday could the discount code be added to the booking to reduce it?

many thanks in advance!

Im checking and double checking that we are financially viable for everything we have decided! and working out if there's a way to make it cheaper?!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom