Balcony view and room change

NelleBelle

Original Poster
We are currently booked into stateroom 8542 on the Fantasy. Is there anyway to tell if we will have a view of water or if we will be staring down onto a lifeboat? I happened to be browsing sites that had deck plans and there was a picture of our "stateroom" that had a view of lifeboats under it and now I'm panicked that we will be staring into a yellow tarp instead of blue water:jawdrop:

Also, has anyone had a room right across from the stairs/elevators (forward)? Is the noise really noticeable? Or has Disney done a really good job with sound proofing (I was never bothered by noise on our last cruise but we also weren't near an elevator). Will Disney let me change rooms if I don't want to be next to the elevator?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Deck 8 you will be well above the lifeboats (which are on Deck 5). Looking down you'll still have excellent views of the dock (when at port) and water.

The elevators can get a bit noisy. Fore and Midship rooms have this traffic issue (especially later at night when pre-teens and teens are allowed by many families to wander the boat without supervision, and they hook up in Vibe or Edge to make little "groups" that wander the decks and halls till the wee hours.

I was very close to the midship elevators, but honestly the Fore elevators were a short walk away as well...lots of late night traffic, and the soundproofing is...merely ok. Not a complaint, I mean, it is a ship and all, but I felt very harried and not at all relaxed by the proximity of my Midship room.

That said, it's not terrible. The tradeoff with an aft room is that, while foot traffic is less, the engine vibration and noise is far worse, especially on at sea days.

I wouldn't worry about your choice, but I know for myself I won't be doing Midship or Fore again unless it is a concierge room.

Aft is the place for me! Specifically...the true aft of the ship with the expanded veranda size!

wdwstateofmind

They don't obstruct your view of anything but the people below you and the boats are more around deck 5/6 than 8. Even on deck 7 they become kind of a no factor when it comes to views. I like to look at it this way too, if S hits the fan and there's no time for safety drills, you have first dibs on a seat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom