How bad is Port Orleans Riverside?

TaraWdopeyfan

Original Poster
So my husband has been reading a lot of bad reviews on riverside. How bad are the rooms, a lot of complaints about them being dirty, and the beds not being comfortable. He also read the busses are awful and folks saying they waited over an hour for busses. Any one been there recently?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
We visited in June and had a lovely room in Magnolia Terrace. The beds were comfortable and we found the bus service to be fine, no horribly long waits.

Keep in mind that people are more apt to post a review when they have had a bad experience. For every bad review, there are probably dozens of others who had a wonderful stay and didn't take the time to write about the positives.

TaraWdopeyfan

Original Poster
We visited in June and had a lovely room in Magnolia Terrace. The beds were comfortable and we found the bus service to be fine, no horribly long waits.

Keep in mind that people are more apt to post a review when they have had a bad experience. For every bad review, there are probably dozens of others who had a wonderful stay and didn't take the time to write about the positives.

Thank you, I told him that. He said someone said they had bed bugs in their room, and Disney did nothing about. We will be I a preferred room since we are a party of 5.

Anotherfaceinthecrowd

Last time we stayed there we had no problems and one of the best resorts on site in my opinion my only thing was mousingkeeping didn't seem to have a routine sometimes they were early like 8am then other mornings it was around 11am so we just left the privacy hanger out until we went out and if we missed them we just had a quick clean up ourselves

tem325

So my husband has been reading a lot of bad reviews on riverside. How bad are the rooms, a lot of complaints about them being dirty, and the beds not being comfortable. He also read the busses are awful and folks saying they waited over an hour for busses. Any one been there recently?

Bad? Really!? I was there 2 years ago and had an amazing stay!!! Love that hotel! It's deluxe quality at the moderate price.

JIMINYCR

We are POFQ fans too but our friends fell in love with POR. They have stayed there in various buildings at different times of the year and they have never had a complaint. Bus issues have gotten better and as far as waits, they can vary at any resort depending on the seasonal influx of guests. POR offers some great reasons to stay there. I wouldnt focus on those negative reviews.

JasonDeyoung

Wow, not sure what or where he was reading. Unfortunately a lot of those review sites are just angry guest who probably had a bad experience with something not related or weren't given anything for free. As for the actual resort, it's a great resort. I actually was just there a few months ago. Had a preferred garden room and it was very nice. No cleaning or housekeeping issues at all. The grounds are amazing, some of the best actually. Food court and restaurant are good. At times it gets crowded and check out can get backed up. The pools are nice. The bus system, there are 4 stops so at times yours could be last so a bus could be full. As for waiting, I've never had a wait that was much over the suggested 20 mins. During the slower times it can stop at French quarter which to me isn't a huge deal but some will think it's the end of the world. If the line to RS is really bad leaving, take FQ and just walk, it's literally a 5-8 minute walk from FQ lobby to RS lobby or take the boat. I've stayed here I believe 5 times as Riverside and another hand full back when it was Dixie landings and I've always had very good experiences. Unfortunately not every person will like it and will go over board with reviews. Nothing is ever going to be perfect but in my visits, it's been pretty dang close

DManRightHere

I like the hotel. Maybe people think it is dirty because it is older and exterior corridors. I'm sure they are at the same expectations of cleanliness as any other Disney Resort. I felt the bus service was very good when we went. I think there is only 2 stops for that resort. We went in early June.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom