Fantastic Four

Dgeek

No. He's a high-profile actor in a supporting role. RDJ, Evans, Hemsworth, Johannsen, Renner, and Ruffalo were the stars of those films.
Check the credits for The Avengers I believe He is listed as one of the stars of that movie and if I'm not mistaken was promoted that way in the trailers and advertising.

Matt_Black

Original Poster
I am as well. Unfortunately I think we have a VERY long time before that ever happens, if ever.

Depending on your point of view, I seem to recall that Tom Hiddleston stated he would absolutely appear as Loki on Agents of SHIELD provided they had a good reason for him to appear.

erasure fan1

Looks like Marvel may have the Fantastic 4.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/fantastic-4-movie-rights-have-returned-to-marvel-r/1100-6431439/

gamespot said:
Den of Geek reports the rights to the Fantastic Four, which Fox have owned since 2004, have been handed to Marvel as part of the deal that has also allowed the two studios to partner on two new X-Men TV shows.

If true, I think it would be a good move for both sides. Marvel won't ever make an X-men tv show so why not hand that over. I do hope this turns out to be true.

doctornick

Some people are denying the report and claiming that Fox still has the FF rights. But there were also denials before the Spider-Man rights were officially announced as being shared.

It's certain that Disney/Marvel got something in return for allowing the X-Men related TV shows to move forward. The FF rights seem like the most likely thing, though certainly there could be other considerations (maybe some change to the X-Men merchandising rights or some significant change to the rights fee or whatnot) -- heck, maybe Fox exchanged the distribution rights to Star Wars for the X-Men TV rights (yeah, right!).

I strongly suspect that the FF rights have changed hands back to Marvel as part of this agreement.

Matt_Black

Original Poster
Yeah, denials don't mean anything. WDAS was claiming they wouldn't make a sequel to Frozen a week before they announced a sequel to Frozen.

doctornick

Yeah, denials don't mean anything. WDAS was claiming they wouldn't make a sequel to Frozen a week before they announced a sequel to Frozen.

Yeah. As an example, here's a different sequence of events...

Jan 14, 2015: Latino Review says that a Sony/Marvel deal is completed and will share the rights to Spider-Man

Later Jan 14, 2015: Sony denies the rumors, saying they have "no validity whatsoever"

Feb 9, 2015: Marvel and Sony announced a partnership for sharing Spider-Man rights.

Also, when the Daredevil rights were expiring for Fox, Fox asked for an extension from Marvel. Marvel said they would grant an extension in return for the movie rights for Galactus and the Silver Surfer (to use in the MCU). Fox turned them down. This was merely for an extension of rights (which, ironically, ended up going back to Marvel as Fox did not make a new movie in time).

So, people out there would have us believe that Marvel signed off on Fox producing not one but two X-Men shows and in return did not get the Fantastic Four rights (or at least the use of characters they previously wanted for the MCU)? It's baloney. It's almost certain that the FF rights are going back to Marvel (maybe technically Fox still has the rights right now as the deal is not in effect yet so the denial of the FF rights reverting is true at this time); if they are not going back, it's only because Marvel/Disney has gotten something even more valuable in exchange for allowing the TV deal to go through.

Matt_Black

Original Poster
Well, regarding your example, I think the Latino Review more got themselves a lucky guess rather than getting some sort of journalistic scoop. Remember, they also said Jason Mamoa was a sure thing as Drax in GotG and that a Pixar-produced Star Wars film was definitely on the way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom