Exterior Refurbishment of Country Bear Jamboree

WDWtraveler

Original Poster
Photo update as of Friday, Sept 4.

IMG_6088.JPG

IMG_6096.JPG

The view from Adventureland, near Aloha Isle (on left). The passage between Adventureland and Frontierland is on the right.

IMG_6095.JPG

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I think the fancy scrims get attached to the support fabric.

Photo scrim is coming up, there's always a gap to make sure measurements of the scaffolding that were placed will match the image size. This happens every scrim.
Y'all know I was being sarcastic as some people here think that Disney can do nothing right. I am absolutely not in that camp as I think that as of late, Disney is doing an awesome job of keeping things updated, refurbed, and built.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
BACK TO SCHOOL. Rejoice and start Food and Wine.
There's been a lot of talk about how there are so many strollers nowadays, yet people have historic pictures showing a stroller land in front of IASW back in the 70's. I was being sarcastic since people have a completely clouded memory of what WDW was like back then. My first visit was in 1978 at 20. So I have been going to WDW for over 35 years. And back to school? I'm 57. Oh, and I will be there for the first week of F&W! :D

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Photo scrim is coming up, there's always a gap to make sure measurements of the scaffolding that were placed will match the image size. This happens every scrim.
I know that, and it will look great during the refurb. I guess my sarcasm directed at the people that think Disney can do no right didn't come through very well.

MaxW

could this be in relationship to the possible frontier-land expansion? spiffy up the surrounding area to really put a new coat of polish on frontier-land? most likely not but i can dream

Phil12

They're probably drilling holes in the exterior of the building in order to place the dynamite charges for total demolition. That fabric is used to catch the debris that is blown off the the building.

OvertheHorizon

There's been a lot of talk about how there are so many strollers nowadays, yet people have historic pictures showing a stroller land in front of IASW back in the 70's. I was being sarcastic since people have a completely clouded memory of what WDW was like back then. My first visit was in 1978 at 20. So I have been going to WDW for over 35 years. And back to school? I'm 57. Oh, and I will be there for the first week of F&W! :D
Yes, there have always been a lot of strollers. But MK is now "averaging" 53,000 visitors a day. In the 70s the average was closer to 30,000.

Goofyernmost

Yes, there have always been a lot of strollers. But MK is now "averaging" 53,000 visitors a day. In the 70s the average was closer to 30,000.
Stop throwing realities in there. It makes people all weepy. They have to switch on their common sense module and it apparently hurts when that happens. I suppose in the long run, it's better to get angry at Disney for the way life is, then for them to take it out on their S.O. or the kids.;)

blu3

could this be in relationship to the possible frontier-land expansion? spiffy up the surrounding area to really put a new coat of polish on frontier-land? most likely not but i can dream
I really hope so, but I doubt it. All the Frontierland expansions rumors have been dead for awhile.

wdwgreek

53, 000 a day, wow. That's remarkable no wonder the queues are so long. I love Country Bear shows like that are not only wonderful but people eaters!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom