The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

Death by chocolate
-"How was our victim killed"
-"Sweetly..."

U6cp4wU.gif

StarWarsGirl

The Jays were due for a good spanking.
If it makes you feel better, earlier this season, we beat up on the Red Sox 18-7 (I was there; I greatly enjoyed it). Then later, we beat up on the Phillies 19-3. And earlier this week, Tampa beat up on us 11-2. At home. So, ya know, we beat up on other teams more earlier in the season, and we got beat up earlier this week. Not to mention being on the wrong side of history while I was in WDW and having a no-hitter against us. And before Wednesday night, we were on a six game losing streak. This after being the AL East champions last season. *sigh* Oh, and we do not look like a playoff team, while you guys definitely do. We just like to beat up on other teams every now and then. And get walk off homers. Seen it twice this season. The only way we get into the playoffs is to win pretty much every game for the rest of the season, which I doubt. And then odds are we're losing at least Davis and Weiters, so we could be up for another bad season next year. Glad we won tonight, but not particularly happy with my birds right now. Although I still wear Orioles gear every other day. And my Chrome browser theme is still Orioles. But for tonight, they done good.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
If it makes you feel better, earlier this season, we beat up on the Red Sox 18-7 (I was there; I greatly enjoyed it). Then later, we beat up on the Phillies 19-3. And earlier this week, Tampa beat up on us 11-2. At home. So, ya know, we beat up on other teams more earlier in the season, and we got beat up earlier this week. Not to mention being on the wrong side of history while I was in WDW and having a no-hitter against us. And before Wednesday night, we were on a six game losing streak. This after being the AL East champions last season. *sigh* Oh, and we do not look like a playoff team, while you guys definitely do. We just like to beat up on other teams every now and then. And get walk off homers. Seen it twice this season. The only way we get into the playoffs is to win pretty much every game for the rest of the season, which I doubt. And then odds are we're losing at least Davis and Weiters, so we could be up for another bad season next year. Glad we won tonight, but not particularly happy with my birds right now. Although I still wear Orioles gear every other day. And my Chrome browser theme is still Orioles. But for tonight, they done good.
Josh Donaldson for MVP!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Thanks for the teacher's perspective. It must be a nightmare to monitor everything that kids can bring to school. Our grandsons elementary, just banned everything made at home and brought in for school treats, and no nuts of any kind. The teacher is expected to ask about allergies of kids in their own room, and ban those products. I figured the lawyers got involved somehow.

My kids daycare only allowed store prepared treats and that was 25 years ago, a liability for both the parents bringing it in and the daycare. I followed through on my own only bringing store treats. If a kid gets sick from a treat the board of health is coming to my home. So not worth that. Our school nurses are required to notify the teachers of allergies. With confidentiality laws it is difficult to 'share' info with staff all around. My DD had many health issues from allergies to hypoglycemia to where she'd get dizzy and go down. My solution to work around the restrictions placed on the nurses was to email every teacher/aide/coach that should know and just flat out tell them. If my DD went splat during a choral rehearsal I wanted the dude to know why. (and yeah she went splat during a performance, I knew the look from the grandstands and was making my way around the outer walls when the teacher caught my look as did the school nurse. The plucked her without missing a beat.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom