New MagicBands and Sliders coming soon

Jahona

Original Poster
So I just checked the new Shop Disney Parks app and it looks like you can now ship to home most of the themed magic bands. Before the options were greyed out. Run Disney and the 2015 band are still greyed out.

Screenshot_2015-09-03-10-59-32.jpg

LdyApxr

I am wondering since I am not seeing Steamboat and Grumpy on the Disney store website, but I am seeing them in the app, does anyone know if those two are being phased out and should I order them now to make sure I get them? TIA

Haylo

I am wondering since I am not seeing Steamboat and Grumpy on the Disney store website, but I am seeing them in the app, does anyone know if those two are being phased out and should I order them now to make sure I get them? TIA

The steamboat willy and grumpy bands just came out within the past couple of months and were a regular issue and not limited edition. Up until recently, you could only buy the solid color bands from the Disney store website so my guess is they just haven't yet (or aren't going to) put them up for sale on the website but you should have no problem getting them at the parks.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Disney Store and the Shop Disney Parks app have different inventory database.
To add to that they (disneystore.com) are not affiliated at all with Disney Parks Merchandising. Disney Store purchases items from the parks merchandising and then proceeds to resale some select items on the website. For example you will notice DisneyStore.com will often put park merchandise on clearance eventually, when the same exact merchandise is still being sold in the parks for the regular price.
I had found this out several years ago when talking to a few different Disney Merchandising CM's and also talking to someone from DisneyStore.com who also confirmed this information about not being in any way affiliated with each other. :)

SMJ0724

being in the UK Disney won't post them to us (amazing how they couldn't find the money after taking $1,400 off us but hey, ho, maybe things are tight).
I thought it was strange that they didn't ship internationally, either, but it turns out it has nothing to do with postage cost, and everything to do with postal regulations regarding RFID-enabled devices shipping internationally. They aren't allowed to ship an RFID ticket media internationally, either.

mergatroid

I thought it was strange that they didn't ship internationally, either, but it turns out it has nothing to do with postage cost, and everything to do with postal regulations regarding RFID-enabled devices shipping internationally. They aren't allowed to ship an RFID ticket media internationally, either.

Well that makes a bit more sense, thanks.

G00fyDad

If you happen to know someone in the US, ship it to them. Then have that person send it on to you. May cost a tad more, but you'd have the band before your trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom