UPS or USPS for Magic Bands?

Minnie1986

Original Poster
My mailman hates me..... Well not me specifically, just my 85yr old house with a door slot. LOL He always has to knock if there is a package(which seems kind of silly because it takes me all of 10secs to get to my door) and has often taken it back to the postal office stating I was not home. I have no life, I am a stay at home, hermit mom so that is pretty much bs. LOL My UPS guy does not ever bother knocking, he just throws things over my back fence and I have asked him not to since I have five large dogs and the last thing he chucked over my fence was a tiffany lamp and it broke. :( This is not the shot put people! I just try my best that when I know a package is arriving that day I open my front blinds so I can see who comes to the front door.

My husband used to be a letter carrier and man the stories he could tell! LOL Like the dogs that he could hear shredding the mail after he would put it through the slot and then the customer would complain that he let the dogs get their mail.... LOL
I have had an absolutely horrible day and this post just made me laugh to the point of tears, so thank you very much! Your poor husband, as if he had control over someone else's dogs!

LdyApxr

Glad to make you smile! He also has numerous stories of people tracking him down for their mail when he was not their mail carrier. Sometimes these people did not even live in the town he was in but assumed that the Mail Man was like Santa Claus, there is ONLY ONE! LOL How perfectly silly but I guess it happens. LOL

Minnie1986

Original Poster
I got my magic bands shipment email on Monday!! So excited! Does anyone know how long it takes from when you get the email until you actually get the package, assuming they didn't ship prior to the email? I've been using the tracking number, but there aren't any details available; just says the package was accepted and is on its way.

Last edited:

arko

I got my magic bands shipment email on Monday!! So excited! Does anyone know how long it takes from when you get the email until you actually get the package, assuming they didn't ship prior to the email? I've been using the tracking number, but there aren't any details available; just says the package was accepted and is on its way.

usually takes a day or 2 to get the system updated on tracking numbers for USPS. How long it will take usually depends how far you are away from the distribution center, which if I remember is in North Carolina.

Minnie1986

Original Poster
usually takes a day or 2 to get the system updated on tracking numbers for USPS. How long it will take usually depends how far you are away from the distribution center, which if I remember is in North Carolina.
Thanks! Disney must've been sensing my impatience, because they added more information to the status on MDE. It says estimated delivery date is between Saturday and Monday! So excited!

Dukeblue1227

Thanks! Disney must've been sensing my impatience, because they added more information to the status on MDE. It says estimated delivery date is between Saturday and Monday! So excited!

When is your trip? We leave in 6 weeks and haven't heard anything about magic bands... Wasn't sure when they typically are shipped though.

Thanks

mousehockey37

Being a USPS letter carrier, I have to say that delivering magic bands is one of my favorite things. I find myself needing to know all the details of their trip. I try not to be too much a pest.

How would you know they're magic bands? They come in a brown, pretty much unmarked package.... o_O

GeoDonJac34

How would you know they're magic bands? They come in a brown, pretty much unmarked package.... o_O
Well, there is other mail that gets sent out, so I know if someone is considering a trip. Plus, I am allowed to chat with my customers. Two of my customers are there right now. If they tell me they are expecting them, then I kinda know.

Last edited:

weird

The thing I find funny about this is usually I get my magic bands and 2-3 days later I get the email saying they are on the way with a tracking number. :) The first time I thought I might get an extra set. Now I just hit delete.

I think that sometimes when Disney feels a package might arrive too late, they go to the UK pavillion and borrow their TARDIS. They go back in time and mail out the package before it is even ordered. ;)

FrostyNaples

Our most recent pair has just shipped USPS from Memphis TN.

I've received them always by USPS, sometimes out of Jacksonville FL.

I'm sure the shipping partner is whoever gives Disney the best rates.

Minnie1986

Original Poster
Hopefully, someone will be able to help me shed some light on the situation. Why is it that they USPS website is not up to date with what's actually happening to a package? For example, the tracking number for my bands says that they will be delivered today, but the post office says they won't be delivered until Monday. Hate to sound like a spoiled brat, I just hate not knowing what's going on. Thanks.

FrostyNaples

Hopefully, someone will be able to help me shed some light on the situation. Why is it that they USPS website is not up to date with what's actually happening to a package? For example, the tracking number for my bands says that they will be delivered today, but the post office says they won't be delivered until Monday. Hate to sound like a spoiled brat, I just hate not knowing what's going on. Thanks.

The reason being, USPS has the absolute worst possible online tracking system in the world.

Minnie1986

Original Poster
The reason being, USPS has the absolute worst possible online tracking system in the world.
You must be correct, because the post office just said that my package is there, but, because of a major event happening in my town, they won't be delivering it until Monday and I can't come pick it up.... To say I'm angry is an understatement.

FrostyNaples

You must be correct, because the post office just said that my package is there, but, because of a major event happening in my town, they won't be delivering it until Monday and I can't come pick it up.... To say I'm angry is an understatement.

"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds."

But this event going on..... well, cancels Saturday delivery as well... :rolleyes:

Sorry for your luck. :bawling:

Minnie1986

Original Poster
"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds."

But this event going on..... well, cancels Saturday delivery as well... :rolleyes:

Thanks for the sympathies. As frustrated as I am, it is greatly appreciated.

GeoDonJac34

I am very curious. What event is delaying your delivery?

GeoDonJac34

I'm going to give a little bit of boring information here. That quote is not a USPS quote. It was added to a post office in NYC by the architect of the building. It's a translation from the works of Herodotus 503 BC. It is only on that general post office. Call me Cliff Clavin.

Minnie1986

Original Poster
I'm going to give a little bit of boring information here. That quote is not a USPS quote. It was added to a post office in NYC by the architect of the building. It's a translation from the works of Herodotus 503 BC. It is only on that general post office. Call me Cliff Clavin.
I never would've guessed that, because I have heard actual postal workers say it.

GeoDonJac34

I never would've guessed that, because I have heard actual postal workers say it.
Through the years many of my customers have said it to me. Usually as I am walking through heavy snow or rain at the time. Typically they laugh grab their mail and go back in their warm houses and I trudge along. Sometimes customers sing me the Blues Clues "here's the mail" song. That's kinda fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom