Can I bring my own 3D glasses?

JarretttheGuy

Original Poster
I'm a West Coaster, but this still applies to WDW as well as DL.

For Star Tours & Midway Mania; can I bring my own 3D glasses? I have several pairs from special 3D Movie experiences where I got to keep "collector edition" passive 3D specs.

Will they work in the rides, or is the polarity different?

I don't know why it would be different, but if anyone knows for sure this would be great.

Yesterday my glasses for Star Tours were crazy janky, they made it impossible to focus.
I had to go through three pairs at Toy Story until I found some that weren't incredibly scratched.

So, if I could bring my own pair, then I'd avoid those issues and maximize my experience.

DisneyCane

Definitely not on Star Tours. It uses Dolby 3D. Nobody gives those glasses away because they are much more expensive than the passive polarized glasses used by most other systems. Dolby 3D does not use polarity. It uses color filters where each eye has a different set of primary colors being used.

For Toy Story, you may as well try them. It depends if they use linear or circular polarization and which the glasses you have are. Also, they may or may not use the same polarity for the same eye as your glasses.

Cmdr_Crimson

I do believe the Bug Eyes, Saftey Googles, Opera Glasses, & TSM glasses Are the same polarity..Real 3D glasses don't even work.

Jim B

For what it's worth I brought the 3D glasses from A Bugs Life and Toy Story Mania attractions home and tried them out on my Vizio 3D TV (passive "Real 3d") at home and they worked fine. Heck I usually take pounds of items with us that I never use when I go to Disney World so what's a couple of ounces of 3d glasses? I suspect that as long as the current commercial theater 3d protocol is used you shouldn't have a problem. Good luck..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom