Censored Sideboob, Concern for a Hat, and Loathing of an Opera Director

JarretttheGuy

Original Poster
Hey everyone, my lady and I have been embarking on a Disney Journey, of watching every Animated Feature in release order.

We're calling it Opening the Vault.

This week we watched 'Make Mine Music' from 1946. It is one of the "package films" and even the more casual Disney fan has probably seen one or two of the shorts that comprise it.

Hope you enjoy it! If you care to join us on this fun journey, please Subscribe and Comment!

JarretttheGuy

Original Poster
A few of the shorts are really great, and there is a lot of beauty, but overall it is a disjointed mess.

It isn't that long though, you can knock it out really quickly!

216bruce

It's a 40's pop version of "Fantasia". Disjointed in that it is for all intents and purposes it's a 1940's version of early MTV with a bunch of music videos strung together. Great stuff. A wonderful variety of animation styles and music.

JarretttheGuy

Original Poster
It's a 40's pop version of "Fantasia". Disjointed in that it is for all intents and purposes it's a 1940's version of early MTV with a bunch of music videos strung together. Great stuff. A wonderful variety of animation styles and music.

sort of, but calling it a version of "Fantasia" isn't quite right. As Fantasia was made with purpose, and this was a package film that was more thrown together to keep the studio afloat while the animators were either drafted or working on government projects.

Watch the episode, you can get the full range of our thoughts!

JarretttheGuy

Original Poster
I could if it was easy to find. Not one copy in a store near me, not on iTunes, and I don't really feel like wasting 800 Disney Movie Rewards points.

The list of shorts is fairy short (wakka wakka), and I think they are all on Youtube, so you can playlist them and see them as they were presented in Make Mine Music. There isn't a host/narrator or through plotline. It is simply one short after another and the end.

As we said in the episode, the Martins and the Coys is only on Youtube in Italian, but you can get the gist easily.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom