Anyone running Mickey's Jingle Jungle?

marissieviolissie

Original Poster
See title ;)
It is sold out I know, but wondering if anyone here has managed to sign up?
And are you running it alone of with (a few) others?
Or else, has anyone run it previously and what did you think? Any tips?

I'm going to run hopefully after I had to cancel my whole Marathon weekend trip last January due to a serious infection that lingered for 3 months. I was bummed about that :hungover: but at least I got better which ofcourse was far more important. And Disney did send me my 10k shirt anyway :)
I'm trying to take revanche and have just started training as of last weekend.
Today was 3,3k in half an hour so I'm positive about the distance. Figured a 5k would do for now.

But anyway, anyone here signed up or a previous participant?

If this is the wrong subforum please do move :)

marissieviolissie

Original Poster
Sounds awesome too ! Just the distance wouldn' t be my thing yet. Other than that I'd rather run at night :)
Maybe some other time, there's still Paris for me to consider, so who knows!
Have you been running long and training a lot for it? Or is it going to be relatively easy to get to the finishline from were you're at now?

I'm confident about mine but still have enough running to do to actually make it. Running, if I have to I'll walk, but it's not my goal.

Texas84

I did an older Halloween 5K that went through Magic Kingdom and it was a blast. My only regret was running it too fast. Slow down and enjoy the sights and the characters. You just have to beat a 16 minute per mile pace. No one should try to PR these races. They are fun runs and you'll miss out.

Tinkerbell 8

I'm running the Jingle Jungle and the Wine and Dine half this year. It's my first ever race and I'm super excited! I am following the training guide on RunDisney since I've never run before and I seem to be doing pretty well, atleast for my standards :rolleyes: I purchased a costume for the half and I'm planning on making a christmas themed shirt for the 5K. I hope I enjoy it as much as everyone says since I already registered for the glass slipper challenge I'm February!

Sumrdog

I am doing both the Jingle Jungle and the Wine and Dine half. I am super excited. I have done the Princess Half, The disney World Full, The Disneyland Dumbo Double Dare and the Star Wars Half at Disneyland...I am really looking forward to a night race through animal kingdom!

surfsupdon

Yes. Jingle Jungle and Wine and Dine.

The course goes around the parking lot, around the park, exits the park by Dinoland and does a big and out back loop behind Dinosaur before finishing in the parking lot again.

It's always a fun time.

dreamfinder

I did an older Halloween 5K that went through Magic Kingdom and it was a blast. My only regret was running it too fast. Slow down and enjoy the sights and the characters. You just have to beat a 16 minute per mile pace. No one should try to PR these races. They are fun runs and you'll miss out.

Glad I did that one with my DW. They don't seem to want to return to that setup. Best thing is to just enjoy them.

KIsAPrincess

Sounds awesome too ! Just the distance wouldn' t be my thing yet. Other than that I'd rather run at night :)
Maybe some other time, there's still Paris for me to consider, so who knows!
Have you been running long and training a lot for it? Or is it going to be relatively easy to get to the finishline from were you're at now?

I'm confident about mine but still have enough running to do to actually make it. Running, if I have to I'll walk, but it's not my goal.

Actually, between family, work and school - It has left little time for me to train. I have started getting out there everyday - - - (As of Sept 1!). My goal is for 2-3 miles per day and then a longer run on Saturday. Slowly building up my endurance and time spent. I ran the Princess Half a few years ago and seriously did not train at all, mostly because I was sick leading up to the race and I didn't know what to expect.

I finished in a respectable time frame, without training and am hoping to do the same this time. I can walk a mile in under 15 minutes, and running I am little bit faster. I think that as long as I work on my endurance, I feel good about completing. This is not really a race I run for time. I use the Galloway Walk-Run Intervals.

The adrenaline will be kicking once you get to the start line. When I ran Princess, I ran for almost 7 miles without stopping because I was so pumped.

marissieviolissie

Original Poster
Sounds a bit like me :) just different distance .

I also use Galloway's method and it suits me. I have his intervalgadget too, really comes in handy (and still like the colors lol). Missed my training today after a little strong massage nek and shoulders plus a few very painful spots on my skull that left me walking like a drunk. ( physical therapy )

But knowing 4k is doable, I'm ok skipping healthwise. The weekend is here soon enough anyway :)

Oh and I got my new suitcase today so I hope that the EXPO has nice things and the New shoes! I can bring two pairs now and have room left. Totally love my suitcase for all the space it provides !
( for those curious:
http://static.webshopapp.com/shops/...yker.jpg?_ga=1.106024522.854426134.1441401948)

Will be easy to spot on the carrousel as well, I'm so happy with it !
And I had a nice one but too small for trips to Disney World. Always had to stuff and sit on it. Which was not a big problem until the New Balance shoes recently. The New Balance shoes were the reason I decided that I would get a bigger one anyway. And if you put nice stuff in it, you better have nice stuff around it to protect them, right? :geek:

Racerelated question now: are the characters about the same every year for the Jingle Jungle or do they vary?
Are the medals know yet? ( Maybe I should search the forum first for that though :angelic:)

Last edited:

Tinkerbell 8

Does anyone know about transportation for spectators for this race? My husband and i have breakfast reservations after the race at Tusker House and we will be spending the morning in the park, but I didn't know if i should tell him to grab any bus to Animal Kingdom that morning or if there were specific busses for this race like there is for spectators for the half?

Texas84

Does anyone know about transportation for spectators for this race? My husband and i have breakfast reservations after the race at Tusker House and we will be spending the morning in the park, but I didn't know if i should tell him to grab any bus to Animal Kingdom that morning or if there were specific busses for this race like there is for spectators for the half?

The 5K host resort bus service runs from 5-9 according to the program. Shouldn't be a problem for spectators to use this.

The regular AK resort bus service starts, oh, maybe an hour before park opening. Either should work.

Tinkerbell 8

The 5K host resort bus service runs from 5-9 according to the program. Shouldn't be a problem for spectators to use this.

The regular AK resort bus service starts, oh, maybe an hour before park opening. Either should work.
Thanks for the response, my husband isn't familiar with Disney so I wanted to give him specific instructions on how and where to meet me, my luck he would get on the bus for Magic Kingdom cause he saw the word "kingdom" and didn't know the difference (yes he would really do that)

surfsupdon

I wish I had a 5K through the MK. I remember they used to run several 5Ks there....but now Epcot, AK, and ESPN trail runs have been the norm.

I love running through MK on the official Donald half marathon course, but I hate running World Drive up AND back. Then you get to Epcot and are literally finished.

marissieviolissie

Original Poster
Yes the run was fine in the morning :) I was glad I had my own fluids with me though but it was my easiest run ever! And the most fun too ;)

Heard about the half marathon, that must have been disappointing!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom